Fender Musical Instruments

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Updated Jul 7, 2014

3.4

Customer Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fender Musical Instruments.

Applied a month prior to receiving an email asking me to attend an interview at their headquarters. I was given a tour of the new and very cool building, and after that two people (recruiter and hiring manager) interviewed me and asked me many standard interview questions. It seemed like one of the longest interviews I've ever had, and though none of the questions were that difficult, the number of them really started to make my head spin and my mouth dry. After that, I was led to the HR manager for ANOTHER interview, which was shorter, but she asked vastly more difficult questions which I stumbled on, and ultimately I believe this second, tired interview, led to me not getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • A customer calls in and has not received their order in the mail. Your records show the package delivered, but the customer is demanding a full refund. What do you do?   View Answer

Web Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fender Musical Instruments.

Very intense interview process, multiple interviews asking the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • the 3 hour in person interview where they repeated the same questions over and over.   Answer Question

to rigid company culture

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments.

Received a call for an internship position to schedule an interview. During the interview, they showed me around various parts of the facility and asked relatively simple technical questions. Did not receive a call back after a couple of weeks; when I called them, I was told someone else had been hired.

Customer Support Call Center Representative Interview

Very neat building. People were quite relaxed. First had an informal interview and tour with an HR rep downstairs. Then met with the department HR manager upstairs.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a difficult question to be honest. Just be yourself and make sense of whatever they ask you!   Answer Question

Design Drafter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fender Musical Instruments in April 2013.

Started off by applying online took them about 1 month for them to contact me.
    I was contacted by HR girl (MM) who was very nice and really sweet. Had to answer a few questions about my general work experience and why I wanted to work for Fender. After that, took about another month to hear back from them for a phone interview. It went fairly well they asked me about my experience in CAD programs, past work in drafting, etc. After that, I was set up with an interview. Met with some manager and they asked me the same questions as the phone interview.Once that was completed they sat me in a room with their drafting team and pretty much had to get to known them.. they also asked a few questions in regards to my drafting experience. Shortly I had to take a skills test which required me to design a small sheet metal part and draft up a drawing. Skills test was only 30 min as thats how much time they gave you. Once they came and got me I was taken back to HR to answer a few more questions. I was told I will hear back from them in a few days. Nope never did.
    It looks like an okay place to work, but they seem as if they are not fully structured yet, so I am not to sure about that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. It was straight forward.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years and why do you want to work for Fender.

Answer Question

E-commerce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fender Musical Instruments in June 2012.

Applied online and got phone interview for position. Interview was ok, very short and brief and the hiring manager did not seem interested. Was applying from the East Coast, but companies need to expand horizons and accept people from across the country. Best if you already live in AZ, otherwise they don't bother.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fender Musical Instruments in April 2012.

Applied through head hunter who had an established relationship. We didn't talk prior to actual interview so I went in pretty blind fold. Head hunter gave me some tips and pointers on what to review for. So potential questions on basic principles learned in college, major, etc.

The interview was three different parts. First with HR Rep. She was great! Funny and real down to earth so it made me feel comfortable. Once she gives the green light she called the manager of dept looking to hire. Also real down to earth and friendly. We mostly talked about family, college, and of course working at Fender. She hit me with job skill questions which I replied with open honesty. Some I knew right off the bat. Others I didn't even try answering. She knew that. It was cool.

Last was with the director of dept. Nice dude. We mostly talked upper level management and job related skills and requirements. It was brief, somewhere around 15-20 minutes. So I got hit with the harder questions here. We discussed 12-24 month job responsibilities and we both knew it was a good fit.

Overall it was a pleasant and positive experience. The culture was expected. Real laid back but smart and friendly people.

Job offer was made very next day. Moved to Scottsdale and been happy ever since. I love Fender so far!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. There are plenty other people willing to work for the company. I didn't even try.

Drafter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fender Musical Instruments in January 2010.

Generally very picky on the interview process, never heard back from them