Ferguson Enterprises

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Credit Manager Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in March 2013.

I met two recruiters at an on campus job fair, they encouraged me to apply even though they were hiring mostly sales positions. The interview took about two weeks to set up and the actual interview lasted about 35 minutes. The regional recruiter liked my resume, so she invited me to apply to the on-campus interviews they were having. The interview was pretty standard. They emailed me about a week and a half later to decline further interviews. When I asked for feedback, the recruiter said that I would be dealing with plumbers, and I didn't seem to be aggressive enough to handle them. (She was mistaken as I have worked in factories, steel mills, lumber yards and around all types of so-called "rough" people.) She thought I didn't maintain enough eye contact and answered some questions too softly. If I had passed the first interview, I would have had a phone interview, and finally an invitation to meet a panel of credit managers and senior level management.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you to be successful in life and at work?
    Tell me about a time that you had to handle a confrontation with a customer. How did you correct the situation?

Answer Question