Ferguson Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Ferguson was looking to hire for two IT position, so there was 2 managers interviewing me. The lady was drilling me about things in the administrative panel in microsoft. Most of her questions were nonsense questions, very hard to answer if you were not sitting in front of a server to reference. Seems like a person had to be "book smart" to get this job. Ridiculous.
    The male counterpart was more logical, asked real world questions in reference to the job.

Interview Questions

• Name the things you can do from the administrative panel in Microsoft server.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in December 2007.

Interview

The process was very thorough. I was impressed because they flew all candidates out to Kansas City.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Group of three members asked some general introduction, then technical questions in the phone interview. I did well on this hence called for onsite interview. This consisted of technical questions, some personality questions, and IQ test. I answered them very smart, but some questions I couldn't reply. But don't know why I was declined the offer.

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Process took a really long time. Had to remain persistent to hear back from them. Cleveland branch seems to be growing and doing well. The people really care about what they are doing and want to help the customer. Ferguson seems like a great place to start a career. They want to make sure that you are ok with starting out in the warehouse and then open to relocation when opportunities open up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate in tough times. I would not recommend negotiating but I do not think it would really hurt either.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR representative and then interviewed with the branch manager of the location of my potential employment. That interview was followed a week later by an interview with the Regional Manager. Another week later I was contacted again by Human Resources to inform me of my offer and I was given a week to accept.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to pick up and move multiple times if necessary   1 Answer

Negotiation

With my starting annual salary I felt there was not much wiggle room as it was higher than the industry standard because of my experience.

Credit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Newport News, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

University Career Fair -> On-Campus Interview -> Phone Interview 1 -> Phone Interview 2 -> On-Campus Interview

Credit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2012.

Interview

They lay out the red carpet for you, but then expect you to contribute at least 50 hours a week at subpar pay. Good opportunity to get foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• If you're a new employee and your manager disagrees with a decision that you made, how do you convince him that your decision was the right one?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Roseville, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn during the beginning of Sept, heard back a week and a half later. First step was an online video recorded interview. Cool process as you can re-answer your question as many times as you'd like before submitting it. Basic procedural questions, ie. how you handled certain situations. Two weeks later I was invited to a phone interview scheduled the next week. They asked a lot of the same questions as the online recorded sessions. Was informed I'd know within the next two weeks if I'd be invited to the next step. HAD TO EMAIL THEM AFTER 2 1/2 WEEKS where I was informed I was invited to to their regional recruiting session at a Ferguson location. Cool. They paid for my Hotel and any expenses involved in the trip to their location. They even flew in other candidates from out of state. They quite literally rolled out the red carpet for us. The last step in the interview process was a basic introduction and "Thank You", followed by a tour of the Ferguson warehouse and Showroom, dinner with Ferguson Managers and the President of the company, with three rapid-fire interviews the following day with folks you met at Dinner. After the final 3 interviews, you are informed of another 2wk waiting time, in which you will either get an offer or a "Thank you for you interest in..." email. From start to finish, the process took almost 3 months. My region's starting salary was 48k, but considering the 50/hr/wk requirement, it was pretty low. Benefits are what you'd expect from a billion-dollar company; pretty good, nothing amazing.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were overly difficult. Heck, McDonalds asks the same questions. The only main factor that makes them hard is who asks them, the head honcho's of the company. This can be very intimidating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Euless, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Started with online application via their website. Then, they send you a link to record answers to some questions. After that, there was a phone interview. Finally, a visit to the site to discuss program and get a tour of the facilities.

Overall, the interview process was fine. A little drawn out, in my opinion, but this position is not necessarily a high priority for them. I went through the entire process and then they told me they were not hiring the position at this time. Seems like a waste of time for everyone, but good to get a little interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 goals you set for this year and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question