Ferguson Enterprises

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in December 2007.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough. I was impressed because they flew all candidates out to Kansas City.

Interview Question – Why should we consider you for this position?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in September 2010.

Interview Details – Group of three members asked some general introduction, then technical questions in the phone interview. I did well on this hence called for onsite interview. This consisted of technical questions, some personality questions, and IQ test. I answered them very smart, but some questions I couldn't reply. But don't know why I was declined the offer.

Interview Question – Do you like multitasking?   View Answer

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Sales/Management Trainee
Cleveland, OH

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Process took a really long time. Had to remain persistent to hear back from them. Cleveland branch seems to be growing and doing well. The people really care about what they are doing and want to help the customer. Ferguson seems like a great place to start a career. They want to make sure that you are ok with starting out in the warehouse and then open to relocation when opportunities open up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate in tough times. I would not recommend negotiating but I do not think it would really hurt either.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR representative and then interviewed with the branch manager of the location of my potential employment. That interview was followed a week later by an interview with the Regional Manager. Another week later I was contacted again by Human Resources to inform me of my offer and I was given a week to accept.

Interview Question – Willingness to pick up and move multiple times if necessary   View Answer

Negotiation Details – With my starting annual salary I felt there was not much wiggle room as it was higher than the industry standard because of my experience.

Credit Trainee Interview

Credit Trainee
Newport News, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in August 2010.

Interview Details – University Career Fair -> On-Campus Interview -> Phone Interview 1 -> Phone Interview 2 -> On-Campus Interview

Interview Question – So what interests you about retail/ wholesale?   Answer Question

Credit Trainee Interview

Credit Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2012.

Interview Details – They lay out the red carpet for you, but then expect you to contribute at least 50 hours a week at subpar pay. Good opportunity to get foot in the door.

Interview Question – If you're a new employee and your manager disagrees with a decision that you made, how do you convince him that your decision was the right one?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn during the beginning of Sept, heard back a week and a half later. First step was an online video recorded interview. Cool process as you can re-answer your question as many times as you'd like before submitting it. Basic procedural questions, ie. how you handled certain situations. Two weeks later I was invited to a phone interview scheduled the next week. They asked a lot of the same questions as the online recorded sessions. Was informed I'd know within the next two weeks if I'd be invited to the next step. HAD TO EMAIL THEM AFTER 2 1/2 WEEKS where I was informed I was invited to to their regional recruiting session at a Ferguson location. Cool. They paid for my Hotel and any expenses involved in the trip to their location. They even flew in other candidates from out of state. They quite literally rolled out the red carpet for us. The last step in the interview process was a basic introduction and "Thank You", followed by a tour of the Ferguson warehouse and Showroom, dinner with Ferguson Managers and the President of the company, with three rapid-fire interviews the following day with folks you met at Dinner. After the final 3 interviews, you are informed of another 2wk waiting time, in which you will either get an offer or a "Thank you for you interest in..." email. From start to finish, the process took almost 3 months. My region's starting salary was 48k, but considering the 50/hr/wk requirement, it was pretty low. Benefits are what you'd expect from a billion-dollar company; pretty good, nothing amazing.

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult. Heck, McDonalds asks the same questions. The only main factor that makes them hard is who asks them, the head honcho's of the company. This can be very intimidating.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2013.

Interview Details – I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Question – What are your biggest failures   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee

Interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises

Interview Details – Long process, I had two interviews and they did not notify for two weeks after each interview. Very nice recruiters

Interview Question – How would you improve your relationship with a customer 20 years from now?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – Interview process started with an easy phone screen that was used to get to know you better. After the phone screen was a webcam interview that was seven or eight questions and you are able to re-record answers. If you pass this phase, you are asked to fly out to a regional recruiting program that lasts two days.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ferguson Enterprises

Worked for Ferguson Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ferguson Enterprises interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ferguson Enterprises employees and interview candidates.