Ferguson Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – initial communication was via email which I answered all questions asked , next day a phone call to schedule interview the following day

Interview Question – most unexpected was "Can you start tomorrow"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was very reasonable for my position ( I did negotiate a commission and an early vacation that was already planned) , just make sure you let them know your value as well as the market for the position applied for

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process went very well. I had a video interview first and then a phone interview. We were unable to continue at this time because there was no openings in my area and I was not willing to move to another city. Great people as recruiters. All extremely helpful!

Interview Question – What do you think will be difficult for you if you work in sales at ferguson?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn during the beginning of Sept, heard back a week and a half later. First step was an online video recorded interview. Cool process as you can re-answer your question as many times as you'd like before submitting it. Basic procedural questions, ie. how you handled certain situations. Two weeks later I was invited to a phone interview scheduled the next week. They asked a lot of the same questions as the online recorded sessions. Was informed I'd know within the next two weeks if I'd be invited to the next step. HAD TO EMAIL THEM AFTER 2 1/2 WEEKS where I was informed I was invited to to their regional recruiting session at a Ferguson location. Cool. They paid for my Hotel and any expenses involved in the trip to their location. They even flew in other candidates from out of state. They quite literally rolled out the red carpet for us. The last step in the interview process was a basic introduction and "Thank You", followed by a tour of the Ferguson warehouse and Showroom, dinner with Ferguson Managers and the President of the company, with three rapid-fire interviews the following day with folks you met at Dinner. After the final 3 interviews, you are informed of another 2wk waiting time, in which you will either get an offer or a "Thank you for you interest in..." email. From start to finish, the process took almost 3 months. My region's starting salary was 48k, but considering the 50/hr/wk requirement, it was pretty low. Benefits are what you'd expect from a billion-dollar company; pretty good, nothing amazing.

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult. Heck, McDonalds asks the same questions. The only main factor that makes them hard is who asks them, the head honcho's of the company. This can be very intimidating.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Development Program Interview

Development Program
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I had a video interview with mainly behavioral questions. This was very helpful because you got to rerecord your answers before submitting them. About two weeks later I got a phone called asking to do a phone interview. This was about 30-40 minutes of behavioral questions. Not too bad at all pretty easy. Because I started my job search pretty early I will have to wait until January to see if I will be getting called in for an onsite interview. So this process is taking a long time but I think that is because I started my search early.

Interview Question – Really nothing too hard. Just name a time when you have to persuade someone of something threw me off a little.   Answer Question

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Sales/Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – I found out about them through my school's career fair. I sent in my application, and was contacted for a video interview a few days later. Two days after submitting my video interview I was contacted for an on campus interview. Two weeks after the on campus interview I was invited for a site visit.

Interview Question – What are three goals you have made for yourself this year?   Answer Question

Credit Trainee Interview

Credit Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2012.

Interview Details – They lay out the red carpet for you, but then expect you to contribute at least 50 hours a week at subpar pay. Good opportunity to get foot in the door.

Interview Question – If you're a new employee and your manager disagrees with a decision that you made, how do you convince him that your decision was the right one?   Answer Question

Credit Trainee Interview

Credit Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – On Campus recruiting. Went to a round of interviews on campus. From there, I went to a two day recruiting session out-of-town. A week later, I received a call with an offer.

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – This was a three part interview. Two phone interviews and a interview with a local manager.

Interview Question – Somewhat difficult questions were asked. Behavioral questions were asked.   Answer Question

EBusiness Interview

EBusiness

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – First there was a face to face with a manager, then a second "Peer" interview with those you will be working with and finally if you are selected, a third with the big boss

Interview Question – Would you mind working in a boring environment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basically because of my degree I was offered the top of the rang however Ferguson pays poorly. I know some fast food workers that get paid more.

Logistics Trainee Interview

Logistics Trainee
Stockton, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in July 2013.

Interview Details – This was a pretty disappointing experience. Not because there was no job offer but because it was a waste of everyone's time involved.

I had two phone interviews with recruiters and then met with 3 people at a facility for the final interview. It was 2 weeks between each step… except it took less than 24 hours to receive the "Dear John" email.

What was disappointing was how excited I was about the opportunity and had no problem doing the manual labor work in the warehouse for a few months to get a "ground-up" view of the company. But when I met in person with the managers, everyone talked down the job! They basically told me how much it sucked and how many people had been in the position. They revealed they had trouble keeping trainees and most left within three months… many within 1 month!

I walked out of the interview not even wanting the job anymore. I would've worked really hard.. but why would I want to work for people who have no faith in me from the start?

Interview Question – Tell me about something you planned for yourself in the past year and whether you accomplished it or not.   Answer Question