Ferguson Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2013.

Interview Details – Getting Started: (All Candidates MUST Apply Online)
Apply Online
Click the auto requisition id for the "Nationwide Training Program"
Click "Apply to Job"
Create your account in our online application.
From here, you will be able to upload your resume and complete your application.
Click "SUBMIT" to finish
Step One: (1 Interview, Campus or Phone)
On Campus Interview: 30 minute, face to face, behavioral interview. These are usually held at the campus career center. (If we do not conduct on campus interviews at your school, you will be contacted for a phone interview)
Phone Interview: 30 minute behavioral interview with recruiting team member
Step Two: (1 Interview, Phone)
Phone Interview: 30 minute behavioral interview with recruiting team member
Step Three: (2 Interviews, Regional Program or Local)
Recruiting Program: 2 day event that includes interviewing and networking events at a regional location based off of geographic preference/career path
Local Interview: Visit a location and interview locally if you can not attend the Recruiting Program

Interview Question – What is hardest thing about sales?   Answer Question

Credit Manager Trainee Program Interview

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met two recruiters at an on campus job fair, they encouraged me to apply even though they were hiring mostly sales positions. The interview took about two weeks to set up and the actual interview lasted about 35 minutes. The regional recruiter liked my resume, so she invited me to apply to the on-campus interviews they were having. The interview was pretty standard. They emailed me about a week and a half later to decline further interviews. When I asked for feedback, the recruiter said that I would be dealing with plumbers, and I didn't seem to be aggressive enough to handle them. (She was mistaken as I have worked in factories, steel mills, lumber yards and around all types of so-called "rough" people.) She thought I didn't maintain enough eye contact and answered some questions too softly. If I had passed the first interview, I would have had a phone interview, and finally an invitation to meet a panel of credit managers and senior level management.

Interview Question – What motivates you to be successful in life and at work?
Tell me about a time that you had to handle a confrontation with a customer. How did you correct the situation?
  Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – I currently just had my first interview. The recruiter was really nice, and real receptive when talking about the company. I am still waiting on my second interview.

Interview Question – Name a time when a customer expressed or identified your great work or service.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises

Interview Details – Long process, I had two interviews and they did not notify for two weeks after each interview. Very nice recruiters

Interview Question – How would you improve your relationship with a customer 20 years from now?   Answer Question

Credit Trainee Interview

Credit Trainee
Newport News, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in August 2010.

Interview Details – University Career Fair -> On-Campus Interview -> Phone Interview 1 -> Phone Interview 2 -> On-Campus Interview

Interview Question – So what interests you about retail/ wholesale?   Answer Question

Sales Training Program Interview

Pompano Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2012.

Interview Details – First I had a one on one interview at UCF. They asked basic questions like why you want to work at Ferguson and what sales experience I had.

Then there was a phone interview with the regional recruiter. Pretty much the same basic questions.

The last part of the process was a warehouse visit. They paid for my gas to travel to Pompano beach. I met with about 5 different people. They all just kind of tried to get to know me. They basicly all told me why they liked Furguson and asked me if I had any questions. I guess they didn't like me too much becuase for whatever reason they did not select me.

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is backwards. I was interviewed 1:1 for the first interview, and the second was over the phone. The further along you get in the interview with them, the less personal it is. The questions were test-like and juvenile. "What goals did you set this year?"

Interview Question – What were 3 goals you set for yourself this year?   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a full time position through school. After few days, we set up an interview on campus. The interview was pretty simple. They guy was very friendly and helpful, he shared his experiences in the company with me. Common questions like why do you want to work for Ferguson? What type of work experience you have? After 3 weeks, I got an email from HR manager letting me know that I move up to the 2nd interview. I have my ph interview. next week.

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Sales/Management Trainee
Cleveland, OH

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Process took a really long time. Had to remain persistent to hear back from them. Cleveland branch seems to be growing and doing well. The people really care about what they are doing and want to help the customer. Ferguson seems like a great place to start a career. They want to make sure that you are ok with starting out in the warehouse and then open to relocation when opportunities open up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate in tough times. I would not recommend negotiating but I do not think it would really hurt either.

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Sales/Management Trainee
Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews in a span of 4 days where they asked basic behavioral questions (what are your goals?, Why did you choose to go to XYZ University?, Tell me about I time where you went over and above to help a customer, etc.) I received the offer exactly 6 weeks from the date of the first interview. The process was a little too drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary as they offered me a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ferguson Enterprises