Ferguson Enterprises

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.7

Credit Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Met with a recruiter at a career fair and set up an interview. Had an interview with a regional recruiter on campus a month later. Had a 30 minute interview involving résumé. At the end of the interview they offered me a sales job. I wasn't interested in that and never heard back about the credit position. Not sure why I wasted my time considering they didn't seem interested with me for the position I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Offered me a different job

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2013.

I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Questions
    A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.

Manager Trainee Interview

1. Phone Interviewer
    2. 2nd Round Phone Interview
    3. Conference in Atlanta

Interview Questions
    • Be very proactive in the interviews, they want to see people that can sell themselves.

Is one employee bigger than the organization?

View Answer
    Your pay per hour, traveling amount.

Credit Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

On campus interview - usual on campus initial interview. Phone interview - 10 minute interview over the phone. Corporate headquarters interview - two day interview/get to know Ferguson recruiting session. (Make sure you pay attention and research this company. The information is not difficult but they will expect you to have put effort into preparing for the interviews.)

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Compensation was generous.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Easy conversational interviews - seemed like they would take anyone though.

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

I currently just had my first interview. The recruiter was really nice, and real receptive when talking about the company. I am still waiting on my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a customer expressed or identified your great work or service.   Answer Question

Credit Manager Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in March 2013.

I met two recruiters at an on campus job fair, they encouraged me to apply even though they were hiring mostly sales positions. The interview took about two weeks to set up and the actual interview lasted about 35 minutes. The regional recruiter liked my resume, so she invited me to apply to the on-campus interviews they were having. The interview was pretty standard. They emailed me about a week and a half later to decline further interviews. When I asked for feedback, the recruiter said that I would be dealing with plumbers, and I didn't seem to be aggressive enough to handle them. (She was mistaken as I have worked in factories, steel mills, lumber yards and around all types of so-called "rough" people.) She thought I didn't maintain enough eye contact and answered some questions too softly. If I had passed the first interview, I would have had a phone interview, and finally an invitation to meet a panel of credit managers and senior level management.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to be successful in life and at work?
      Tell me about a time that you had to handle a confrontation with a customer. How did you correct the situation?

Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Long process, I had two interviews and they did not notify for two weeks after each interview. Very nice recruiters

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve your relationship with a customer 20 years from now?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2013.

Getting Started: (All Candidates MUST Apply Online)
    Apply Online
    Click the auto requisition id for the "Nationwide Training Program"
    Click "Apply to Job"
    Create your account in our online application.
    From here, you will be able to upload your resume and complete your application.
    Click "SUBMIT" to finish
    Step One: (1 Interview, Campus or Phone)
    On Campus Interview: 30 minute, face to face, behavioral interview. These are usually held at the campus career center. (If we do not conduct on campus interviews at your school, you will be contacted for a phone interview)
    Phone Interview: 30 minute behavioral interview with recruiting team member
    Step Two: (1 Interview, Phone)
    Phone Interview: 30 minute behavioral interview with recruiting team member
    Step Three: (2 Interviews, Regional Program or Local)
    Recruiting Program: 2 day event that includes interviewing and networking events at a regional location based off of geographic preference/career path
    Local Interview: Visit a location and interview locally if you can not attend the Recruiting Program

Credit Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2012.

They lay out the red carpet for you, but then expect you to contribute at least 50 hours a week at subpar pay. Good opportunity to get foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • If you're a new employee and your manager disagrees with a decision that you made, how do you convince him that your decision was the right one?   Answer Question