Ferguson Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a full time position through school. After few days, we set up an interview on campus. The interview was pretty simple. They guy was very friendly and helpful, he shared his experiences in the company with me. Common questions like why do you want to work for Ferguson? What type of work experience you have? After 3 weeks, I got an email from HR manager letting me know that I move up to the 2nd interview. I have my ph interview. next week.

Cleveland, OH

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Process took a really long time. Had to remain persistent to hear back from them. Cleveland branch seems to be growing and doing well. The people really care about what they are doing and want to help the customer. Ferguson seems like a great place to start a career. They want to make sure that you are ok with starting out in the warehouse and then open to relocation when opportunities open up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate in tough times. I would not recommend negotiating but I do not think it would really hurt either.

Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews in a span of 4 days where they asked basic behavioral questions (what are your goals?, Why did you choose to go to XYZ University?, Tell me about I time where you went over and above to help a customer, etc.) I received the offer exactly 6 weeks from the date of the first interview. The process was a little too drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary as they offered me a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Sales Training Program Interview

Sales Training Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a 1 on 1 interview, followed by a telephone interview, and then a office visit to the location where they are looking to place you. Very friendly and relaxed environment. Work environment is basically a cubicle or open area with a desk. Job would not be very challenging and you would have a decent work life balance.

Interview Questions

• How excited are you about this job on a scale of 1-10?   View Answer
  • Typical interview questions, such as: What are your goals, where do you see yourself in the company, name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The 401k and other benefits were lacking. A mandatory 50 hour work week for $42,000 is not quite enough for my needs.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in September 2010.

Interview Details – Group of three members asked some general introduction, then technical questions in the phone interview. I did well on this hence called for onsite interview. This consisted of technical questions, some personality questions, and IQ test. I answered them very smart, but some questions I couldn't reply. But don't know why I was declined the offer.

Interview Question – Do you like multitasking?   View Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee
Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in October 2010.

Interview Details – The person who interviewed was nice and the interview felt more like a conversation then question after question. Still in the interview process.

Interview Question – What is a long work week for you?   Answer Question

COUNTER SALES Interview

COUNTER SALES
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in June 2008.

Interview Details – I knew some of the associates of this company since I came from a customer of the company. I was referred to the store manager at the time and we set up an interview pretty quickly. I was lucky with my timing as they were needing to hire someone at the time and I just happened to fall into this position of a Receiving/Shipping clerk.

Interview Question – The manager asked some questions about the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick, explained a lot about the company and was open to any questions.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and had three interviews over the phone. Once I received the offer, I declined because I was moving to another city.

Interview Question – If a customer said X to you, how would you overcome this objective?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was moving and the salary was too low.

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2007.

Interview Details – After the initial online ap, I had a short phone interview with a local manager, who set an appointment for an interview with an HQ person who rescheduled it twice. I filled out a few forms and took a Personality/Traits test and did not hear back for more than a week.

Interview Question – What is the most demanding task you have been required to complete, whether part of your specific job description or not?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and was then turned down from the remainder of the interview process.