Ferguson Enterprises

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2013.

Interview Details – I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Question – What are your biggest failures   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.

Sales/Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – I found out about them through my school's career fair. I sent in my application, and was contacted for a video interview a few days later. Two days after submitting my video interview I was contacted for an on campus interview. Two weeks after the on campus interview I was invited for a site visit.

Interview Question – What are three goals you have made for yourself this year?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – Easy conversational interviews - seemed like they would take anyone though.

Interview Question – Why Ferguson?
Do you want a job or a career?
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cleveland, OH

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Process took a really long time. Had to remain persistent to hear back from them. Cleveland branch seems to be growing and doing well. The people really care about what they are doing and want to help the customer. Ferguson seems like a great place to start a career. They want to make sure that you are ok with starting out in the warehouse and then open to relocation when opportunities open up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate in tough times. I would not recommend negotiating but I do not think it would really hurt either.

Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews in a span of 4 days where they asked basic behavioral questions (what are your goals?, Why did you choose to go to XYZ University?, Tell me about I time where you went over and above to help a customer, etc.) I received the offer exactly 6 weeks from the date of the first interview. The process was a little too drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary as they offered me a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in October 2010.

Interview Details – The person who interviewed was nice and the interview felt more like a conversation then question after question. Still in the interview process.

Interview Question – What is a long work week for you?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and was then turned down from the remainder of the interview process.

Sales Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two different HR reps. Both were very nice, and asked pretty basic questions. I asked what the next step of the interview process was and she replied with the common, "we'll contact you in about 1-2 weeks." Three weeks later I got a call saying they would like a third interview and they were scheduling a time with the Houston office. In my opinion it was a very drawn out interview process.

Interview Question – What is your biggest pet peeve?   Answer Question

Sales/Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to the company online and they emailed me back to set up an interview. After the 1st interview they set up a second phone interview.

Interview Question – What are 3 strengths?   View Answer

Sales Management Trainee

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR representative and then interviewed with the branch manager of the location of my potential employment. That interview was followed a week later by an interview with the Regional Manager. Another week later I was contacted again by Human Resources to inform me of my offer and I was given a week to accept.

Interview Question – Willingness to pick up and move multiple times if necessary   View Answer

Negotiation Details – With my starting annual salary I felt there was not much wiggle room as it was higher than the industry standard because of my experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ferguson Enterprises

Worked for Ferguson Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ferguson Enterprises Sales Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ferguson Enterprises employees and interview candidates.