Ferguson Enterprises Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very fun. Never had I interviewed in video format, only face t of ace or via phone. I met the recruiters at a university career fair. They liked my background and recommended I apply. So I did. Within a day or so of applying, I got an email to set up ash online account with Montage, their video interview partner. The video interview consisted of 6 questions, 3 of which video responses were required. Soon after submitting that, I got a phone interview, nailed that, then another manager (this time from Phoenix) interviewed me on the phone and i nailed that interview too. Now I'm waiting for a local manager to contact me for a 3rd interview. From the career to now, everyone I've talked to on the phone or in person has been casual but upbeat. I feel they really do want to know what you're about first to see if you fit what they're looking for for this trainee program, which is people with great customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how would you rate Ferguson as your top choice?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ferguson Enterprises

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first applied online. I was then contacted via telephone. The recruiter and I chatted briefly to see if I was interested in second, recorded video interview. Video interview pretty easy. They said it would be up to two weeks to see if I would be invited for third, in person interview.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

They send you a video and information, then perform a phone interview, if you pass, you go on to the next round. The video makes it so that it is difficult to ask too many additional questions because they address many of the typical questions you would ask. They also don't give you a location as to where you would be. I assume this is done after one of the later interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would fit in with our company and our company culture?   Answer Question

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Applied through their website. Was contacted through email to complete a video interview with a bunch of questions. Once completed have a phone interview which lasts 15-20 minutes. After that I was contacted to interview with a hiring manager, but my 'paper work' never made it to the hiring manager. About a month later was contacted for a hiring program. Trip was paid for was a two day event with dinner and drinks. The 2nd day was 3 back to back interviews. Followed by a 3 week wait if you have an offer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

It starts off with a video interview, where you record yourself in various ways answering the easy questions they provide you. It was great because you can record yourselves as many times as you want to get the perfect submission. It seems like a great company to work for with many opportunities to be promoted and advance to the next levels. I have been moved on to the final round of interviews which will be coming this Spring of 2015 since they hire in the Springtime, but the process overall has not been too hard. It seems they want competitive people who are engaged and able to just have a simple conversation, at least with the person who interview me. I became attracted to Ferguson because of the various locations it services and because the recruiter seemed to really enjoy working there with a team of great people.

Interview Questions

• I am not sure what the most difficult question was, but they were definitely a mixture of behavioral-based and more general questions. You should definitely think about what Ferguson could do for you if they hired you and why you think you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview. First interview is just going over work experience and qualifications. Offered a second interview at the end of the call. Second interview was more behavioral questions (give me an example when...). Offered the final interview at the end of that call. The final interview is 2 days, consisting of cocktails and dinner. Next day is an informational session as well as 3 1:1 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Euless, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Started with online application via their website. Then, they send you a link to record answers to some questions. After that, there was a phone interview. Finally, a visit to the site to discuss program and get a tour of the facilities. Overall, the interview process was fine. A little drawn out, in my opinion, but this position is not necessarily a high priority for them. I went through the entire process and then they told me they were not hiring the position at this time. Seems like a waste of time for everyone, but good to get a little interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 goals you set for this year and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2014.

Interview

First there's a one way video interview. Then there's a phone interview. If you make it past those two you'll be invited to a 2 day recruiting event. First day is networking and the second day is individual interviews with 3 different executives.

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Interview

I found out about them through my school's career fair. I sent in my application, and was contacted for a video interview a few days later. Two days after submitting my video interview I was contacted for an on campus interview. Two weeks after the on campus interview I was invited for a site visit.

Interview Questions

• What are three goals you have made for yourself this year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.