Ferguson Enterprises

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Applied through their website. Was contacted through email to complete a video interview with a bunch of questions. Once completed have a phone interview which lasts 15-20 minutes. After that I was contacted to interview with a hiring manager, but my 'paper work' never made it to the hiring manager. About a month later was contacted for a hiring program. Trip was paid for was a two day event with dinner and drinks. The 2nd day was 3 back to back interviews. Followed by a 3 week wait if you have an offer or not.

Other Interview Reviews for Ferguson Enterprises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in November 2014.

It starts off with a video interview, where you record yourself in various ways answering the easy questions they provide you. It was great because you can record yourselves as many times as you want to get the perfect submission. It seems like a great company to work for with many opportunities to be promoted and advance to the next levels. I have been moved on to the final round of interviews which will be coming this Spring of 2015 since they hire in the Springtime, but the process overall has not been too hard. It seems they want competitive people who are engaged and able to just have a simple conversation, at least with the person who interview me. I became attracted to Ferguson because of the various locations it services and because the recruiter seemed to really enjoy working there with a team of great people.

Interview Questions
    • I am not sure what the most difficult question was, but they were definitely a mixture of behavioral-based and more general questions. You should definitely think about what Ferguson could do for you if they hired you and why you think you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Starts with a phone interview. First interview is just going over work experience and qualifications. Offered a second interview at the end of the call. Second interview was more behavioral questions (give me an example when...). Offered the final interview at the end of that call. The final interview is 2 days, consisting of cocktails and dinner. Next day is an informational session as well as 3 1:1 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in June 2014.

Started with online application via their website. Then, they send you a link to record answers to some questions. After that, there was a phone interview. Finally, a visit to the site to discuss program and get a tour of the facilities.

Overall, the interview process was fine. A little drawn out, in my opinion, but this position is not necessarily a high priority for them. I went through the entire process and then they told me they were not hiring the position at this time. Seems like a waste of time for everyone, but good to get a little interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 goals you set for this year and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question

Sales/Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

I found out about them through my school's career fair. I sent in my application, and was contacted for a video interview a few days later. Two days after submitting my video interview I was contacted for an on campus interview. Two weeks after the on campus interview I was invited for a site visit.

Interview Questions
    • What are three goals you have made for yourself this year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in May 2013.

I obtained the interview by visiting a location, who referred me to the company website to apply. A recruiter contacted me afterward for a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview at the location. Pre-offer, a drug screen and personality test were given. They were very open and honest through the process, and made me feel quite comfortable through the process.

Interview Questions
    A formal offer with letter, and detailed explanation of what to expect, next steps, and how long I could take to accept the offer.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ferguson Enterprises.

Easy conversational interviews - seemed like they would take anyone though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in April 2011.

Process took a really long time. Had to remain persistent to hear back from them. Cleveland branch seems to be growing and doing well. The people really care about what they are doing and want to help the customer. Ferguson seems like a great place to start a career. They want to make sure that you are ok with starting out in the warehouse and then open to relocation when opportunities open up.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate in tough times. I would not recommend negotiating but I do not think it would really hurt either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in February 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews in a span of 4 days where they asked basic behavioral questions (what are your goals?, Why did you choose to go to XYZ University?, Tell me about I time where you went over and above to help a customer, etc.) I received the offer exactly 6 weeks from the date of the first interview. The process was a little too drawn out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was necessary as they offered me a salary that exceeded my expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferguson Enterprises in October 2010.

The person who interviewed was nice and the interview felt more like a conversation then question after question. Still in the interview process.