Ferrellgas Partners Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Difficult. I showed up for interview with Regional Operations Manager and was 30 minutes early. 30 minutes past the actual interview time I was told he would not be in today. Than when it was re scheduled my Mother had been rushed to hospital to have open heart surgery so I notified the recruiter and she informed me she was just canceling it all together and I was out of luck.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Liberty, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was over 10 minutes late, didn't apologize for wasting my time. As I sat waiting I watched other employees pass by me, they didn't speak to me or each other. I left there thinking they were just robots. The interview was held in a room that was about 80 degrees. I thought is was a video shoot for how not to conduct an interview!

Outside Sales Representative/Tulsa, OK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Liberty, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

1-Completed online application
    2-30 min. phone interview from 2nd level recruiter
    3-Generic email response declining my employment

Interviewer was professionally polite. She wanted complete information on reasons for leaving each employer on resume. Did not ask for salary history. Did not ask why I was qualified for position. Agreed to send me general information on job responsibilities & position benefits. Also agreed to let me know in 1 week if I made 2nd level interview. She did neither.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners in January 2015.

Interview

First was a screening with a recruiter, then another screening by the director of operations. This seemed like the director didn't trust the recruiter, which was unprofessional to me. Also, the second interview was only ten minutes. Not because it was cut short, but because she scheduled it for ten minutes. There was no 'getting to know you' part, just ensuring you met the qualifications. She was rude and seemingly inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything you think I should know about you before we end this call?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. 1st interview with office manager, 2nd with faciity supervisor and office manager. Told I would be informed one way or the other, but of course, that did not happen.

Interview Questions

• Asked to "quickly fill out" application before 2nd interview, with very detailed past work history, given approx 20 minutes to do so. Then grilled on past work history based on handwritten application even though they had my resume right in front of them.
      Manager was very casual, but nerve-wracking, just the same.

Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners in May 2011.

Interview

Initial Interview was a phone interview with HR. After phone screening I was brought in to meet with the District Manager followed by with a interview with both the District Manager and General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview questions. I was asked about my experience in routing and DOT laws.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate working from home rather than driving 25 round trip from my home to a office than was not even open, honestly. I was routing regionally and not locally so I was able to pull that off.

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

I was hired in to my current position from another postion within the company. Usual Interview

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners in November 2010.

Interview

Interview was basic, I was asked about my previous work experience and if I had ever worked with hazardous materials.

Interview Questions

• Of I was comfortable working with Hazardous Materials.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in White City, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners (White City, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied from opening listed on craigslist.
    Received phone call for interview.
    Manager said he had 78 applications and had narrowed it down to a couple handfuls.
    Said he would narrow further down to three people and reinterview each of them further.
    My interview was one on one with manager for a full hour..thought it went very well.
    I never got a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you are proudest of be it business or personal.   Answer Question
    • What are you best at....communication skills or organizational skills?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ferrellgas Partners in January 2008.

Interview

Fairly simple, applied online - interviewed breifly on the phone. They called me for a 1 on 1 with Director of Sales, interviewed with Gm next day. They made an offer on the spot. took the job..