Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Updated Jun 22, 2014
Updated Jun 22, 2014

2.8

Medical Science Liaison Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Phone screen followed by a phone interview followed by face-to-face meeting at O'Hare airport. The hiring manager was more concerned about personality since he realized having a Ph.D. was proof of being able to gain therapeutic area knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, nor did I have to make a formal presentation.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate since I was out of work at the time.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Interview process went fast and well, however they do not bother to respond one way or another. I had to send 3 emails and then got an automated respond at 10:30 pm after reaching out for the third time. If you take the time to interview with 4 people a response should be expected.

Director US Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals in December 2012.

First contacted by Talent Sourcing Consultant at Ferring who was very professional and open. Told me that HR would contact me to set up an interview.

Never heard from HR, but got an email from the hiring manager's assistant setting up an on-site interview, without any mention of travel arrangements. Neither HR nor the hiring manager's assistant responded to emails asking about travel. A week later, got an email from the hiring manager's assistant changing my on-site interview to a phone interview.

On the day of the phone interview, the hiring manager's assistant re-scheduled the phone call and then cancelled it altogether. Another VP at Ferring conducted a very brief interview - asked no questions about me, just spoke about Ferring, and was clearly not interested in the interview.

I never heard back from the hiring manager's assistant about re-scheduling the phone interview. During the entire process, neither HR nor the hiring manager ever communicated with me - no phone call or email, and certainly no explanation or apology for canceling the interview.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Got the notification of opening via LinkedIn
    Applied and was hired very quickly
    Interviews consisted of
    HR testing (personality IQ + feedback)
    1st interview local mgr and colleagues
    2nd interview partners at other sites via Video
    Over all very professional though HR testing was not so insightful but not useless
    Hiring manager was very open and honest about the position and challenges
    Job title very different than role

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were okay. Not very much back and forth. Salary was known to be lower than previous position and so many perks were offered to fill the cash gap. Overall the perks offered and the genuine effort to do the best they could was acceptable.

Marketing Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals in May 2011.

Process was fast, informational and professional. Many assurances were made to ensure qualifications matched opportunity prior to interview. Level of efficiency and professionalism on the part of all involved in the process was impressive. Process was very transparent and II was notified of decision promptly. Overall was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of your job do you find most challenging and how do you overcome it?   Answer Question