Ferring Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Terrible. 30 minutes with 6 individuals that typically went over and just felt like speed dating. HR was last interview. At the end asked when would hear further communication or could follow-up and told within a week. Did so via email twice but heard absolutely NOTHING from the HR rep or recruiter. Horribly unprofessional.

Human Resources Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

I had a prelim phone interview with the hiring Manager - no unusual questions. The coordinator though needs to learn some manners - emails were very abrupt. Candidate relationship management is lacking.

Interview Questions

• Is your degree from an accredited university   1 Answer

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Phone screen followed by a phone interview followed by face-to-face meeting at O'Hare airport. The hiring manager was more concerned about personality since he realized having a Ph.D. was proof of being able to gain therapeutic area knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, nor did I have to make a formal presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since I was out of work at the time.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Interview process went fast and well, however they do not bother to respond one way or another. I had to send 3 emails and then got an automated respond at 10:30 pm after reaching out for the third time. If you take the time to interview with 4 people a response should be expected.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

Interview

Resume, Cover Letter, Then a few general questions. Emails back and for with hiring managers were always positive and friendly. There was nothing difficult about the process and it was very simple and straight forward. Just have to show some interest in the pharma industry and then you have them hooked. My experience was positive and look forward to sharing the experience.

Director US Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

First contacted by Talent Sourcing Consultant at Ferring who was very professional and open. Told me that HR would contact me to set up an interview. Never heard from HR, but got an email from the hiring manager's assistant setting up an on-site interview, without any mention of travel arrangements. Neither HR nor the hiring manager's assistant responded to emails asking about travel. A week later, got an email from the hiring manager's assistant changing my on-site interview to a phone interview. On the day of the phone interview, the hiring manager's assistant re-scheduled the phone call and then cancelled it altogether. Another VP at Ferring conducted a very brief interview - asked no questions about me, just spoke about Ferring, and was clearly not interested in the interview. I never heard back from the hiring manager's assistant about re-scheduling the phone interview. During the entire process, neither HR nor the hiring manager ever communicated with me - no phone call or email, and certainly no explanation or apology for canceling the interview.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application through their career web page, few weeks later I received an invitation for an interview at the company's HQ. Once there, the interview process was professional and objective. Both parties, interviewer and candidate exchanged information to verify the suitability of the position with the expectations of te candidate.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

Got the notification of opening via LinkedIn Applied and was hired very quickly Interviews consisted of HR testing (personality IQ + feedback) 1st interview local mgr and colleagues 2nd interview partners at other sites via Video Over all very professional though HR testing was not so insightful but not useless Hiring manager was very open and honest about the position and challenges Job title very different than role

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were okay. Not very much back and forth. Salary was known to be lower than previous position and so many perks were offered to fill the cash gap. Overall the perks offered and the genuine effort to do the best they could was acceptable.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ferring Pharmaceuticals in May 2011.

Interview

Process was fast, informational and professional. Many assurances were made to ensure qualifications matched opportunity prior to interview. Level of efficiency and professionalism on the part of all involved in the process was impressive. Process was very transparent and II was notified of decision promptly. Overall was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of your job do you find most challenging and how do you overcome it?   Answer Question