Fhlb New York Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014
Updated May 23, 2014
5 interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fhlb New York.

Disingenuous people from the beginning. Initial behavior is a facade, so proceed with caution. It is a nice office however. Modern looking, long narrow halls, and in the heart of Manhattan.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict with a coworker and how your responded.   Answer Question

HRIS Manager/Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Fhlb New York.

This interview was after being qualified for the face to face with a contracted recruiter. Interview with HR generalist was rushed - was a half hour or so, but total time was 15 minutes together, he kept leaving. I have experience in recruiting and he needs to learn to listen a bit more and talk less. Felt like a waste of both of our time because it wasnt utilized properly. He also needed the technical expert present and she wasnt - very poor planning!

Interview Questions
    • none - the only hard part was trying not to speak over him all the time   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fhlb New York.

One visit, three rounds. First one with HR, second with director and last with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging project that you work but failed on the attempt and then how did you handle it/what did you learn/how would you do it different.   View Answer
    They didn't want to negotiate because their base offer was 20% higher than my previous job. Had I known that the bonus was going to be so low I would have held out for a 25% increase in the base.

Human Resources Associate/Payroll Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fhlb New York in August 2011.

Nice office environment. Courteous staff.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the ideal candidate that we may hire you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fhlb New York in May 2010.

Welcoming and Comfortable

Interview Questions
    • Explain the current financial situation   View Answer

Worked for Fhlb New York? Contribute to the Community!