Fiat Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

3.2

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiat.

Tell us about yourself and background why you want to work here... how long can you work... no mention of salary... prospective boss also attended but the interview was driven by the HR manager

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin (Italy)

The selection in Italy for fresh graduates is quite challenging, due to the high number of graduates seeking employement.

At first, I had a phone interview, then some logic and English language online tests to complete from home.

Then, I was called to show up for a full day of interviews. I've been interview with 7 different candidates for the R&D function, most of them with outstanding CVs and backgrounds. We had to present ourselves in English including in the presentation some random pictures they gave us.
    We had a group business case to present, in which we had to choose between different suppliers for a specific component. Then more written English tests (answering to mail on paper, extremely short time) and logic tests (which I found really easy).
    Finally, a session with 2 bosses and an HR for questions on both sides.

I've been informed of the positive results in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Managing to answer so quickly to unknown corrispondence in written form. Good test to stress you up!   Answer Question
    As an entry level project engineer position, it was normal not to have much room for negotiation, and I didn't look for it. The conditions (pay and days off) are really competetive compared to what you can around.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Turin (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Turin (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fiat in March 2014.

I went through three interviews with CEO-3 and CEO-2 managers, plus the HR representative. We liked each other and all interviews went well, so they said and so was my impression. After the third interview they asked my payslip in order to make me an offer. Then TWO months went by and nobody had the courtesy to say ANYTHING in merit. I called them and they finally admitted due to a major reshuffling of local/int'l management the position had been canceled/put on-hold. We both have wasted time and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • describe your ability to steer and influence the opinion of foreign teams on cross-functional activities   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiat in February 2013.

resume shortlisting then there will be a group discussion followed by personal interviews.topics in group discussion would be general they mainly test your communication skills.

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fiat in February 2012.

online test-phone interview- 2 interview one with hr one with a marketing managing director

no negotiation

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fiat in February 2012.

very interesting but tough to get a job

Junior Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fiat in September 2011.

Made the application on corporate website. Received a call, 2 weeks later, inviting me for a generic interview with an HR executive, followed, one week later, by a group assessment (including a debriefing one2one interview). Finally, two meetings, after 2-3 weeks with two senior managers that had open positions on their lines. One of the two eventually became my boss. Remarkable quality of HR interviews and of the group assessment: real interaction required, effective intervention by the HR function when needed, focused questions during the debriefing. Compared to the average selection process in Italy, it was outstanding

Interview Questions
    • Describe the key differences between the two previous companies you've worked for, in terms of corporate culture   Answer Question
    Actually no room for negotiation for this type of position/contract (6th level, or 2nd group, according the new Fiat contract), but not a big issue: wage conditions are anyway above average for the specific seniority (considering the Italian perimeter)

Produktmanager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fiat in June 2010.

Die Interviews mit der Personalagentur / dem Recruiter verliefen sehr professionell, wie auch die Interviews mit den zukünftigen Vorgesetzten. Die Leistung der Personalabteilung könnte bestenfalls als Assistenzrolle beschrieben werden, und einige der beim Interview gemachten Behauptungen verwirklichten sich bei der tatsächlichen Arbeit nicht, insbesondere, was den Bonus betrifft (dieser wurde annulliert, aber als völlig sicher angekündigt), das Leistungszulagenprogramm (das als langjährige Erfolgsstory beschrieben wurde, aber erst seit zwei Jahren existierte) und einige Punkte der Aufgabenbeschreibung. Jedoch können die Interviews alles in allem als professionell, aber als unkoordiniert von der Firmenseite aus bezeichnet werden.

The interviews with the hiring agency / recruiter were very professional, as well as the interviews with the future superiors. The performance of the HR department could be described as assisting at best and some of the claims that have been made during the interview did not manifest during the actual work, especially with regards to the bonus (cancelled, but described as being perfectly secure), the performance bonus programme (described as being a long-lasting success story while only being in place for 2 years) and some elements of the job description. However, all in all the interviews can be described as professional, yet uncoordinated from the company's side.

Interview Questions
    • Sie erscheinen sehr ruhig. Kann ich Sie aus der Ruhe bringen?   You seem very calm. What can make you freak out?   Answer Question
    • Wenn man sie bitten würde, alle Tauben in Frankfurt zu zählen, wo würden Sie mit der Aufgabe anfangen?   If you were tasked to count all pigeons in Frankfurt, how would you start this task?   Answer Question

Industrial Controlling Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kragujevac (Serbia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kragujevac (Serbia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fiat in June 2010.

FAS looked for candidates via Faculty of mechanical engineering. I left CV there and was called for the interview after aprox. 30 days. First round - I talked with employee from HR, he graduated the English language. He asked me to introduce myself and to tell what I had wrote about in my diploma work. He also asked me what I was in charged with in bank and book keeping agency during internship. Second round - I talked to CFO, he asked me to introduce myself, where I see myself in future, and what I do in free time. 3rd round - I talked to chiefs of 4 sectors in finance department to determine where each of 4 candidates would be assigned. They hired 4 employees. Offices are modern, people know their jobs, but older people are not good in English and computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt difficult question. I only had to explain my diploma work.   Answer Question
    If you dont live in Kragujevac, seek them to pay you travel expenses.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fiat in November 2009.

I had applied for an internship in IVECO. I went to have an assessment day with 8 other candidates. They told us that only one of us would be hired for the position, but all those who pass the assessment would still be included in the Fiat database for future openings. I didn't get that job - and nobody told me that or anything else. After a couple of months, one of Fiat HR called me to say they wanted to intrview me for another internship in a new office they were setting up. I went and had an interview with an HR manager and after that she took me to the hiring manager. Both interviews lasted 30/45 mins each. After two days they let me know I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was a simple 'getting to know eachother' interview.   Answer Question