Fiat

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Position Interview

Junior Position
Turin (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fiat in September 2011.

Interview Details – Made the application on corporate website. Received a call, 2 weeks later, inviting me for a generic interview with an HR executive, followed, one week later, by a group assessment (including a debriefing one2one interview). Finally, two meetings, after 2-3 weeks with two senior managers that had open positions on their lines. One of the two eventually became my boss. Remarkable quality of HR interviews and of the group assessment: real interaction required, effective intervention by the HR function when needed, focused questions during the debriefing. Compared to the average selection process in Italy, it was outstanding

Interview Question – Describe the key differences between the two previous companies you've worked for, in terms of corporate culture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Actually no room for negotiation for this type of position/contract (6th level, or 2nd group, according the new Fiat contract), but not a big issue: wage conditions are anyway above average for the specific seniority (considering the Italian perimeter)

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fiat in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had applied for an internship in IVECO. I went to have an assessment day with 8 other candidates. They told us that only one of us would be hired for the position, but all those who pass the assessment would still be included in the Fiat database for future openings. I didn't get that job - and nobody told me that or anything else. After a couple of months, one of Fiat HR called me to say they wanted to intrview me for another internship in a new office they were setting up. I went and had an interview with an HR manager and after that she took me to the hiring manager. Both interviews lasted 30/45 mins each. After two days they let me know I got the job.

Interview Question – It was a simple 'getting to know eachother' interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fiat in February 2013.

Interview Details – resume shortlisting then there will be a group discussion followed by personal interviews.topics in group discussion would be general they mainly test your communication skills.

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Junior Product Manager Interview

Junior Product Manager
Turin (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Fiat in February 2012.

Interview Details – online test-phone interview- 2 interview one with hr one with a marketing managing director

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Industrial Controlling Specialist Interview

Industrial Controlling Specialist
Kragujevac (Serbia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fiat in June 2010.

Interview Details – FAS looked for candidates via Faculty of mechanical engineering. I left CV there and was called for the interview after aprox. 30 days. First round - I talked with employee from HR, he graduated the English language. He asked me to introduce myself and to tell what I had wrote about in my diploma work. He also asked me what I was in charged with in bank and book keeping agency during internship. Second round - I talked to CFO, he asked me to introduce myself, where I see myself in future, and what I do in free time. 3rd round - I talked to chiefs of 4 sectors in finance department to determine where each of 4 candidates would be assigned. They hired 4 employees. Offices are modern, people know their jobs, but older people are not good in English and computer skills.

Interview Question – There wasnt difficult question. I only had to explain my diploma work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you dont live in Kragujevac, seek them to pay you travel expenses.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fiat in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews with the hiring agency / recruiter were very professional, as well as the interviews with the future superiors. The performance of the HR department could be described as assisting at best and some of the claims that have been made during the interview did not manifest during the actual work, especially with regards to the bonus (cancelled, but described as being perfectly secure), the performance bonus programme (described as being a long-lasting success story while only being in place for 2 years) and some elements of the job description. However, all in all the interviews can be described as professional, yet uncoordinated from the company's side.

Interview Questions

• You seem very calm. What can make you freak out?   Answer Question
  • If you were tasked to count all pigeons in Frankfurt, how would you start this task?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fiat in February 2012.

Interview Details – very interesting but tough to get a job

Interview Question – Past Experiences   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

Process Manager
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiat in September 2008.

Interview Details – The people who were making the interview were very friendly at first. When it comes to negotiation stage, they became rude.

Interview Question – What could you do better in the past?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fiat in September 2008.

Interview Details – I first got a call from HR to make an appointment for an assessment center. After the assessment center, each candidate had a 1:1 interview with HR manager, who asked me about my past experience and my goals and objectives for the future.
I got contacted a couple of weeks later for a technical interview with an engineering manager. After this second meeting, I got a call a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult that I couldn't answer   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fiat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiat interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fiat employees and interview candidates.