Fiberlink Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR in a day. Had a phone interview then an in person interview with 3 manager (only 2 showed up and one was 30 minutes late). Was apprehensive about applying since this company has incredibly high turnover, which was confirmed by one of the managers. This is a huge red flag. They don't offer much training, so if you don't have a solid tech background, your going to have some trouble with this position. I do have that. I tried to follow up with HR about the interview and other open positions, but did not receive a reply on 2 messages I sent....A bit rude, if you ask me. Prior posts on this site are accurate... This job is for those who want IBM on their resume, so in a year, they can look for a job with another company

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my prior experience.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Tier II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable. Everyone was very nice but also very inquisitive. They wanted to ensure I had a solid knowledge of email setup and mobile technology. The 1st interview was with 4 people, the 2nd interview was with 3 people, and the 3rd interview was with 2. In each interviewed I sat down with each interviewer individual. so I recommend setting at least 2 hours a side for your interview. It's about 30 minutes per person. One thing they ensured to point out is that being knowledgeable is great, but they operate like a family business and being able to work nicely with other is more important. It's a family environment and everyone helps each other. I thought that was really nice to know.

Interview Questions

• A customer states that their companies email isn't syncing with their device. What do you recommend?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I was with an HR worker and a manager of the department. The interview was at a non-desireable time; which was 4 PM on a Friday that summer. I had been dosing off waiting, as they were late and had mediocre questions to ask. Basically a lame personality questionaire and they said I did not fit within the culture. Thank goodness.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent resume through job board site. Was called in for an interview a week later. I met with HR for about 15 minutes. She was very nice, and polite. The guy interviewing me acted like he was above me. He was 30 minutes late and didn't apologize. Very condescending tone in his voice.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a very obnoxious question about why I went from a white collar job, to a blue collar job   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink.

Interview

3 part interview.... interview process was not that of a personal sit back and chat type. No experiences, technical, or background information was ask. Personally, it was like having lunch with friends while still in high school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

email sent and offer signed.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

The interview process was quite intensive. There were a total of 4 interviews, the first of which was by phone. I had to drive a significant distance to company and I had to continually return for follow-up interviews. I had to interview with a total of 3 people the first time I visited. The second time I interviewed with 3 additional people. The third time I was requested to return, I was scheduled to interview with 3 more people, but one of them decided that he had something better to do. I was asked to do a last-minute "sample" project for them which I ended up having to stay up all night to complete, but, after all of those interviews I felt I'd invested so much, I better stick with it. In addition to asking many questions related to the technical aspects of the position and my skills, they also asked many personality-related questions in order to obtain an idea of whether or not I would be a good fit for their "culture." They are very concerned about "the culture." Just be smart and a little funny and you'll be fine. I got the job, and it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• This may not sound like a shocking or difficult question, but as a person who despises reading, I was quite taken aback when asked to give details about the last three books I read.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered exactly what I had requested. However, the day after being offered the job, I was told that it had been changed from a full-time position to a contract position. I declined upon hearing that... and received another call a few hours later telling me that it had become full-time again. Unusual, I know. I accepted, however.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Applied online, was reached out to by a recruiter 2 days later. After a phone interview I was invited for an in person interview with 4 separate managers. Know as much as you can about the company, the products and their recent accomplishment. This is an amazing company and an amazing place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you use your favorite app to market your products   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiberlink (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The HR Recruiter is top notch. She reaches out very quickly does a phone screen and then a decent initial in person interview. Second interview is lined up with different individuals in the organization. But you will see another interview review about the "grumpy guy" which is why I even submitted. That is very true. You may get an interview with a guy who says he speaks for the owner and make sure people are right for the company. It is interesting because he starts the interview by putting his feet up on his desk, so you are looking at the bottom of his shoes, he starts to stroke his chin and just gets ready to be combative. I agree, he is just grumpy. Other interviews you are just sent from office to office and meet with people that you would work with which area all very informal.

Interview Questions

• Was asked why I was interested Fiberlink and one of my responses was how I read some Gartner or Celent reports and the analysts had positive reviews about their product, breadth of functionality and future potential. I was told by the grumpy guy, "Who cares what the analysts say, they don't know anything they are a bunch of idiots ."   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fiberlink.

Interview

This place is a mess. They have no clue which end is up. They say one thing and do another. They ask you to jump through hoops and then completely disappear and you never hear from them again. If this is a sign of the way the company is run....it's scary!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions just the process was a waste of my time.   Answer Question

Interal Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

interviewed at Fiberlink (Blue Bell, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

From the initial phone screening to meeting the head of recruiting, to the round of interviews with all hiring managers to finally meeting the VP of Sales... Every interaction was easy and comfortable. I was hired 6 days after my first phone screening.

Interview Questions

• How did you break your foot?   1 Answer