Fiberlink

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

I was with an HR worker and a manager of the department. The interview was at a non-desireable time; which was 4 PM on a Friday that summer. I had been dosing off waiting, as they were late and had mediocre questions to ask. Basically a lame personality questionaire and they said I did not fit within the culture. Thank goodness.

N/A Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink.

3 part interview.... interview process was not that of a personal sit back and chat type. No experiences, technical, or background information was ask. Personally, it was like having lunch with friends while still in high school.

Interview Questions
    email sent and offer signed.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink.

The interview process was quite intensive. There were a total of 4 interviews, the first of which was by phone. I had to drive a significant distance to company and I had to continually return for follow-up interviews.

I had to interview with a total of 3 people the first time I visited. The second time I interviewed with 3 additional people. The third time I was requested to return, I was scheduled to interview with 3 more people, but one of them decided that he had something better to do.

I was asked to do a last-minute "sample" project for them which I ended up having to stay up all night to complete, but, after all of those interviews I felt I'd invested so much, I better stick with it.

In addition to asking many questions related to the technical aspects of the position and my skills, they also asked many personality-related questions in order to obtain an idea of whether or not I would be a good fit for their "culture." They are very concerned about "the culture." Just be smart and a little funny and you'll be fine.

I got the job, and it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • This may not sound like a shocking or difficult question, but as a person who despises reading, I was quite taken aback when asked to give details about the last three books I read.   View Answer
    I was offered exactly what I had requested. However, the day after being offered the job, I was told that it had been changed from a full-time position to a contract position. I declined upon hearing that... and received another call a few hours later telling me that it had become full-time again. Unusual, I know. I accepted, however.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink.

Applied online, was reached out to by a recruiter 2 days later. After a phone interview I was invited for an in person interview with 4 separate managers.

Know as much as you can about the company, the products and their recent accomplishment.

This is an amazing company and an amazing place to work.

Interview Questions
    • How do you use your favorite app to market your products   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiberlink.

The HR Recruiter is top notch. She reaches out very quickly does a phone screen and then a decent initial in person interview. Second interview is lined up with different individuals in the organization. But you will see another interview review about the "grumpy guy" which is why I even submitted. That is very true. You may get an interview with a guy who says he speaks for the owner and make sure people are right for the company. It is interesting because he starts the interview by putting his feet up on his desk, so you are looking at the bottom of his shoes, he starts to stroke his chin and just gets ready to be combative. I agree, he is just grumpy. Other interviews you are just sent from office to office and meet with people that you would work with which area all very informal.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked why I was interested Fiberlink and one of my responses was how I read some Gartner or Celent reports and the analysts had positive reviews about their product, breadth of functionality and future potential. I was told by the grumpy guy, "Who cares what the analysts say, they don't know anything they are a bunch of idiots ."   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fiberlink.

This place is a mess. They have no clue which end is up. They say one thing and do another. They ask you to jump through hoops and then completely disappear and you never hear from them again. If this is a sign of the way the company is run....it's scary!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions just the process was a waste of my time.   Answer Question

Interal Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

interviewed at Fiberlink in September 2013.

From the initial phone screening to meeting the head of recruiting, to the round of interviews with all hiring managers to finally meeting the VP of Sales... Every interaction was easy and comfortable. I was hired 6 days after my first phone screening.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fiberlink.

Met with 3 senior Manager/Architects, discussed my background, the job, the company, etc.
    Then had tech screening with lead developer.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiberlink in August 2012.

The interview was setup in less than a week of communication. The first step was a 1:1 interview to weed out anyone before the in-person interview. Very fast to respond and nice to work with. The in-person interview was quite easy and no questions were too difficult. It seemed pretty dry like they were trying to get through as many people as possible that day. Less than a week after the interview they followed up with a response. Overall, their interview process was straightforward, but their office looked like a cube farm.

Interview Questions
    • From your past experience, what makes you most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiberlink in April 2012.

The interview process was not only seamless but it gives you a great perception of the company and the staff. I applied online and was contacted within a few days to discuss my background. I interviewed with the HR staff before being passed on to speak with other Hiring Managers. Each interview was informative, everyone was very professional and communication regarding specifics and who I was speaking with was clear. Overall showed me how important it was to the company to bring on qualified talent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation?   View Answer