FibroGen

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QC Analyst Interview

Senior QC Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FibroGen in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick. I had a phone interview with the QC Senior Director and my onsite interview was scheduled the same day. A lot of technical questions and some behavioural questions. The hiring process took 1 month.

Interview Question – What would your previous supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at FibroGen

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with the managment above and one with coworkers

Interview Question – How would you improve a specific process?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FibroGen in November 2011.

Interview Details – Most ridiculous interview process. They made me come back three times to talk to different people each time. One time was all day long. I should have seen that as a red flag. They told me they had a history of "bad hires" in the past.

Interview Question – -None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered and they gave me more stock options.

Director of Medical Writing Interview

Director of Medical Writing
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FibroGen in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was notified of the position via a 3rd party recruiter. Was phone-screened by the CMO. Was invited to interview in person with HR, two Directors of Clin Dev, and the CMO, who supervises the Dir of Clin Dev I'd report to. Did not complete an application ahead of time OR during visit. First interviewer had to interrupt himself so he could fetch a confidentiality agreement and have me sign it. Visit lasted ~3 hours and was intended to be a first interview; a second visit would include personnel from related departments. Company elected not to pursue a second interview (See below)

Interview Question – Was asked what I liked to do in my free time; I thought this kind of question wasn't allowed (legally), but some interests were on my resume so I stuck to those as my response.   Answer Question

Cta Interview

Cta

Interviewed at FibroGen

Interview Details – One phone interviews followed by a DAY of interviews. Took forever for them to get back to me.

Interview Question – They will ask you about small details on your resume. Like "how many patients for x study in 2008?"   Answer Question

Clinical Development Interview

Clinical Development
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FibroGen in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was put forward to the company through a recruiter at the company. The interview was arranged for about 1 - 2 weeks in advance. The whole interview process took most of the day - about six hours. I met with 8 different members of the overall department, each individually.

Interview Question – Please describe a challenging objective you were assigned, and how you approached and attempted to accomplish it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for FibroGen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FibroGen interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by FibroGen employees and interview candidates.