Fidelity Investments Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Great interview process. Need to analyse a stock given by the interview committee. You get about 4-6 hrs to prepare your analysis. You then quized on it. The focus is not on the success of your call but on the thought process, the 'why' you think its a good buy or sell.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were in line with the stock that was analyzed. Need to be abreast with current affairs in later interviews.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Phone interview first and was hired without having to do an in person interview.

None

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview lasted about 3 hours and I interviewed with 3 different managers. There were some technical questions, but majority were based on my current experience. Interview wasn't too bad it was just long.

Interview Questions
    • If you prepare well for interview's especially for positions at Fidelity it should go well.   Answer Question
    Salary wasn't negotiated

Case interview by 3 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Called into their office by HR - was pretty much hassled into answering the question of whether I got the job, I would take it to which I responded "It depends"...very unprofessional and erratic interview process with a lot of colleagues that "shouldn't" be working there in my opinion e.g. non techies are project managers yet they do not understand why their software implementations do not scale/work properly

Low salary..cheap company..generally a low energy environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Hiring Process took about two months, two rounds, which were with 5 people all together. I thought I was doing good and will get an offer for sure because the hiring manager pretended to be interested, however, the week later the HR called me to tell me that they have decided to go with an internal candiate and Fidelity has to promote within rather than bringing people from outside. I was really shoked to hear that because i work full time too and I had to spend my days off to come to the office, not knowing that they have already made a decision to promote someone and they just have to go thru an interview process any way. My advise: do not waste your time because a lot of the positions do not really exist there.....

Interview Questions
    • None, the people who i has an interview with were not prepared and wanted me to lead the interview and ask them questions!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2012.

Very rigorous. They had case studies and scenarios that had to played out.

Interview Questions

The pay wasn't up to snuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

The recruiter came to my school for a one on one interview. He was a friendly guy but very professional. He asked me mostly about my background in financial services. How my previous jobs would help me succeed at Fidelity? Also, why i felt that Fidelity was a good fit for me, and why I was a good fit for Fidelity. Finally, the interviewer wanted to know what set Fidelity apart from other financial companies.

Interview Questions
    • How have your previous experiences prepared you for working at Fidelity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter about two weeks after I submitted my resume on their website. I spoke with her for an intitial interview where I was asked very basic questions about my background and skills. I then had another phone interview with one of the managers to go into a little more detail about my experience. After that, I was flown out to their office in Merrimack for an in person interview. I had three separate interviews that each lasted 45 minutes. The interviews themselves were very casual and I could tell that they were interested more about fit rather than my actual qualifications. I was asked maybe five "typical" interview questions total, and the rest of the time was more of a conversation about the position, company, area, etc...

The whole process was wonderful. I was kept in the loop the whole time about next steps and where the hiring managers were in their decision making process. I spoke with someone from Fidelity's HR almost everyday. They were incredibly helpful in letting me know what I needed to do on my end, and what was going on on their end. Overall, I just felt very valued during the whole process and during the interview. I wasn't made to feel like a "number," but an actual person that they were genuinely interested in getting to know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2011.

The interview process consisted of five one on one interviews.

Two of them were simple fit and resume interviews. They asked the usual questions: "Why do you want to work at Fidelity?", "Walk me through your resume", "Why are you interested in asset management?", etc.

During my interview with the quantitative analysis head, I was asked some very simple questions relating to regressions. He wrote out a regression and asked what it would mean if the coefficient attached to a variable was large and negative and then what a negative "T" score of three would mean.

The only case study was a question dealing with a coffee maker and what I thought the residential and office market sizes for it would be. I was then given a very simple word problem.

The people were very nice and the interviews were fairly casual. I thought that I interviewed very well and was informed, on a later date, that they liked but could not hire me. They thought that I was too "green" to hire, especially considering that I showed primary interest in the fundamental analysis group.

Interview Questions
    • You sell 200 cups of coffee per year at $10 for a cup. It costs you eight dollars to produce a cup of coffee. Would you rather double your price but loose half of the amount you sell or keep the price the same and double the amount that you sell? Which is more realistically feasible?   View Answers (5)