Fidelity Investments

Updated Jan 1, 2015

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later setting up a phone call. When I got the phone call it was a very short interview lasting less than 10 minutes. Interviewer was not enthusiastic and felt as though they just wanted to get off the phone from the start.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Analyst Interview

Great interview process. Need to analyse a stock given by the interview committee. You get about 4-6 hrs to prepare your analysis. You then quized on it. The focus is not on the success of your call but on the thought process, the 'why' you think its a good buy or sell.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were in line with the stock that was analyzed. Need to be abreast with current affairs in later interviews.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Phone interview first and was hired without having to do an in person interview.

None

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview lasted about 3 hours and I interviewed with 3 different managers. There were some technical questions, but majority were based on my current experience. Interview wasn't too bad it was just long.

Interview Questions
    • If you prepare well for interview's especially for positions at Fidelity it should go well.   Answer Question
    Salary wasn't negotiated

Case interview by 3 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Called into their office by HR - was pretty much hassled into answering the question of whether I got the job, I would take it to which I responded "It depends"...very unprofessional and erratic interview process with a lot of colleagues that "shouldn't" be working there in my opinion e.g. non techies are project managers yet they do not understand why their software implementations do not scale/work properly

Low salary..cheap company..generally a low energy environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Hiring Process took about two months, two rounds, which were with 5 people all together. I thought I was doing good and will get an offer for sure because the hiring manager pretended to be interested, however, the week later the HR called me to tell me that they have decided to go with an internal candiate and Fidelity has to promote within rather than bringing people from outside. I was really shoked to hear that because i work full time too and I had to spend my days off to come to the office, not knowing that they have already made a decision to promote someone and they just have to go thru an interview process any way. My advise: do not waste your time because a lot of the positions do not really exist there.....

Interview Questions
    • None, the people who i has an interview with were not prepared and wanted me to lead the interview and ask them questions!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

the hiring process took a very long time and was very bureacratic, it felt like there was lack of communication in the human resources department. my start date was delayed twice.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a kitchen appliance, what would you be?   View Answer
    i did not try to negotiate as it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2012.

Very rigorous. They had case studies and scenarios that had to played out.

Interview Questions

The pay wasn't up to snuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

The recruiter came to my school for a one on one interview. He was a friendly guy but very professional. He asked me mostly about my background in financial services. How my previous jobs would help me succeed at Fidelity? Also, why i felt that Fidelity was a good fit for me, and why I was a good fit for Fidelity. Finally, the interviewer wanted to know what set Fidelity apart from other financial companies.

Interview Questions
    • How have your previous experiences prepared you for working at Fidelity?   Answer Question