Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Director Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application through an internal referral. Within 24 hrs had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later, on site interviews for 1/2 day with 4 staff at various levels. General interview about background, past projects etc. Very comfortable and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Provided me with a scenario, asked how I would address the situation.   Answer Question

Great interview experience and I was really interested in the role, but could not agree to financial terms.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

OCR interview then they invite you to their office. First interview was 30min, fairly conversational. Second interview was at their office and it consisted of two thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral, why you want to apply for the position, etc.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two-round interview process. One on-campus, one at Fidelity site. On-campus interview is dependent on the college or university. Some interns did not receive an on-campus interview. Instead, had two rounds at the Fidelity site. The first round is more resume-based. The second round is dependent on who you interview with. It may be resume, skill, or interest based. Overall very growing experience. Allows the interviewee to sharpen their presentation of themselves.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and an HR representative then I went back to meet with several people on the team. It was a very informative process and I enjoyed meeting that many of the people who would potentially be colleagues.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my experience and how my former employer might differ culturally from Fidelity.   Answer Question

Equity Research AssociateInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1-on-1 phone interview with an analyst. Talks about background experience, technical questions (walk me through a DCF). It was a Quick 30 minutes. Followed up with final round interviews in Boston office. Case studies, very out-of-the-box questions, technical stuff, fit questions.. fast paced, quick thinking. Very hard to prepare for.. best advice is to read up investing books, blogs, and newspapers. You really have to go in with a good understanding of what makes a great company and be able to demonstrate your interest in the markets.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a price on the Mona Lisa what would it be?   Answer Question

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Formal initially though the interview and tone relaxed as the interview went progressed. No real gotta questions, more questions on the resume - more details on what I had done in the past, the job position, reason for it being posted, reason I applied and so forth. Most people I met were personable and friendly. HR people were busy but that was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you needed to handle a difficult situation or employee   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was brought in for an in-person interview after one phone screen, and it went well - they were going to offer me the job, but the in-house people, Veritude, interfered, and said that some manager had said something negative about me, so I wasn't hired. Fidelity is political, and I mean national politics also - and I was told if you are Jewish on your profile they don't like it. Ned Johnson sets the tone for the company...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a road block in your testing process and it was going to put you behind schedule?   1 Answer
    • Asked what types of tests I would automate and which ones I would not automate.   1 Answer

Because of the way Veritude was treating me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening first, then on site 1:1 interview with 3+ people. Some detail technical questions, But more is about past experiences, such as what was most challenging issue you have ever faced, how did you work on it, what did you like most in your past job, etc

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Fidelity made things fairly easy. I had an up-front call with a recruiter, a screener/get-to-know-you call with a UX manager, and then one round of interviews for a long-term contract position. I met with about 6 people over 3 hours, did a quick portfolio review, nothing too tough. People were friendly, passionate about their work, and all in all a lot more personable and interesting than, frankly, I expected from a very technical team inside a big financial institution.

Interview Questions

• How are you with information visualization and big data? Unexpected because there was no mention of it in the job posting.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was long, but also very quick. First a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, then shortly afterwards a flight up to Boston to interview with 5 more people. They weren't direct flights, with short connectors which caused some undue stress on the way up, but when I landed there was a car to take me to the office for the interviews. First hour over lunch with hiring manager and her manager, 2nd with a VP of the group, 3rd with the Sr. VP of the group (which was cut very short), and last was with another VP in the group. After that they drove me back to the airport and I got back on the plane home. Offer was in my email a few days later, and I started a month or so after that. There were a lot of people, but at the time that is how Fidelity was structured - VERY top heavy. It has since been reduced a bit, but every interview gave a chance to look further into the organization which was EXTREMELY beneficial if you know how to ask the right questions.

Interview Questions

• I have a mess on my hands, why do you think you can fix it since no one else has been able to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and very fair.