Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.9

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Phone screening first, then on site 1:1 interview with 3+ people. Some detail technical questions, But more is about past experiences, such as what was most challenging issue you have ever faced, how did you work on it, what did you like most in your past job, etc

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

Fidelity made things fairly easy. I had an up-front call with a recruiter, a screener/get-to-know-you call with a UX manager, and then one round of interviews for a long-term contract position. I met with about 6 people over 3 hours, did a quick portfolio review, nothing too tough. People were friendly, passionate about their work, and all in all a lot more personable and interesting than, frankly, I expected from a very technical team inside a big financial institution.

Interview Questions
    • How are you with information visualization and big data? Unexpected because there was no mention of it in the job posting.   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process was long, but also very quick. First a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, then shortly afterwards a flight up to Boston to interview with 5 more people. They weren't direct flights, with short connectors which caused some undue stress on the way up, but when I landed there was a car to take me to the office for the interviews. First hour over lunch with hiring manager and her manager, 2nd with a VP of the group, 3rd with the Sr. VP of the group (which was cut very short), and last was with another VP in the group. After that they drove me back to the airport and I got back on the plane home. Offer was in my email a few days later, and I started a month or so after that. There were a lot of people, but at the time that is how Fidelity was structured - VERY top heavy. It has since been reduced a bit, but every interview gave a chance to look further into the organization which was EXTREMELY beneficial if you know how to ask the right questions.

Interview Questions
    • I have a mess on my hands, why do you think you can fix it since no one else has been able to.   View Answer
    Quick and very fair.

Communications Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

This was for a contract job. I was initially contacted by Veritude where I had a phone screen, followed by a phone interview, and then met with 4 people at an on-site interview. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly. While I came close in the selection process, I didn't get an offer. The Veritude reps were also very responsive in following up.

Interview Questions
    • While all conversations were pretty thorough, there were no very difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

First you will receive an e-mail followed by a phone interview. Depends on the team, you may have one or two interview.

Interview Questions
    • You get asked questions on how you will set up working on a project and how some database questions. As long as you know the idea of how things work, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

I spoke to a recruiter who forwarded my resume on to the hiring manager. I had 2 rounds of interviews, first with the hiring manager and then about 2 weeks later with the heads of the groups that role supports (i.e. internal clients) and team members. All questions were behavioral, but pointed. Process in all took about 1 month. Hiring manager did request a portfolio of work.

Quantitative Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

On campus recruiting followed by in office Superday. Mostly fit questions at Fidelity Investments. Very pleasant hiring process. Knowing why you're interested in investment management is important. Met with various associates and managers during the Superday.

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Applied via school career site, followed by a phone interview, and a super day in Boston. The super day consisted of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. I wasn't asked too technical of questions - the employer just wants to see your thought process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine the PV of the Mona Lisa?
      Pitch a stock.
        Answer Question

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

First interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral, and conducted on campus. Received a call a few days later for on site interviews. Second round was two separate interviews conducted in a room with 12 others applying for the same internship. Never received any communication after that.

Interview Questions
    • No questions throughout the process were non behavioral, so no question was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Benefits Consulting Actuarial Internahip Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied through campus website and physically handed in resume. First round on-campus interview about 2 weeks after application submission. Heard back within 2 weeks and was invited for an on-site interview. Heard back within 24 hours.