Fidelity Investments

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Applied online and within two weeks received an email wanting to setup a phone interview. This was rather general in nature. Questions were why are you leaving and why do you want to work here, what do you do at work, and other generic questions. Also, I was given details about the company and how its structured, A day or two later I received another email that now I would need to do another phone interview, this time with the hiring manager and another individual who I think may have been a department lead/director. This interview was technical in nature discussing technologies that i have experience with. Projects and specific accomplishments. we also talk about what their goals were and spoke technically about how I could fit into help them accomplish that. I think the interview went well and Im sure the interviewers would agree. However, based on some of the discussions that we had, think we it became obvious that this position was probably not the right position for me at this time. A day or two after the interview I got a call back from the recruiter with feed back from the interviewers. The process was very pleasant and I admire the communication throughout the whole thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2012.

I submitted a resume via Career Builder and a few hours later a representative from Veritude called and gave me an overview of the job and set me up for an interview. I went to the interview today. First 12 people went in a conference room got a detailed overview. Then everyone had 1:1 interview. It was Very brief. No difficult questions. She just asked was I ok with the hours? Asked about some constructive criticism I recieved? And how I dealt with an upset customer? And also work history? It took about 5-10mins. Now I'm jus waiting on all the background checks and everything to come back to get an interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2009.

We had a mass hiring because Fidelity was opening a new call center in Cary, NC.

I asked for a higher salary. Fidelity offered $1,000 / year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2008.

First a large group of interviewees were brought into a conference room and given a presentation. Then everyone broke out and had a 1:1 interview with a manager. There were no tricky questions. I received a tour of the facilities. Received a phone call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you know about defined contribution plans.   View Answer
    No negotiation phase.