Fidelity Investments

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Initial Phone Screening, Hour-long Phone Interview, Two-hour In-Person Interview. For the In-person interview you have a presentation about the company and position, q&a, a brief look at where the position is located in the building, followed by an hour-long interview with two of your prospective managers.

Interview Questions
    • Was there anything you wanted to tell us about yourself that you didn't have the opportunity to tell us so far in the interview?   Answer Question

Transaction Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I applied through indeed.com and got a call Veritude stating that they hiring people immediately. After a few e-mails of "prove it' assessments I finally got an interview set up. The day of the interview I had trouble finding the building. Out of the five or so people I was in contact with that day, I was really surprised how kind and helpful everyone was. Even the woman from Veritude who set up the interview was so nice and almost over-helpful. For my interview I recall thinking "this is my best interview yet" because of how comfortable I was and I was able to be myself. The man interviewing me exuded professionalism and no-nonsense, but at the same time was friendly. The interview questions were basic -greatest strength/weakness, -are you flexible with your schedule. Really no difficult questions if you come prepared and know what they're all about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

2 telephone interviews with HR and recruiter. One on one in person interview with 2 department managers. The 3rd interview begins with an overview of the company, the site and the position you are applying for. After the overview is the actual interview, with 2 hiring managers

Interview Questions
    Know the culture of the site and the company. Be prepared. This is an entry level position with many opportunities for growth. You are receiving paid training, and this is a phone job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Was contacted by recruiter, who I then had a phone interview with. I then went to a group interview where we took a tour and sat through and informational session. We then split of into individual interviews and then took a critical think test. I was contacted within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was contacted by a recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview first. She asked basic questions about my back ground and education. I then had an on site interview with 2 managers - one from the retail side and one from the 401k side (I interviewed for both positions at one time.) They asked me standard interview situational questions ("tell me about a time when...") I received an offer from them about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They did ask me about my study habits and how I knew I would be successful on the Series 7.   Answer Question

Defined Contribution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

I went through 2 phone interviews and one in-person interview because I was out of state. On the last interview I interviewed with two hiring managers. Last part of the interview they called from a different phone and you had to display your customer service skills to them. Later called offer position.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview is when the hirig manager leaves the room and call you on the office phone and you have to present your customer service skills to them.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

They begin with a phone interview, which is followed by a panel interview at their location.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell them on anything that comes to mind.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Found the job on my career center website. Applied on Fidelity website. Was contacted about a month later to see if I was still interested in the job. They talked about what the job entails. They then set you up with a phone interview. I wouldn't stress about this that much. They give you feed back as you go on how to improve your answers. They will automatically send you to the next round. From here you go visit the Fidelity campus. You have an hour presentation, followed by a tour of where you would be working. Then you go off with two hiring managers, and have a 2:1 interview. Mainly behavioral questions. After the interview you go take a logic test. Do well on this since they use this to determine on how successful you will be with the series 7 exam. Its a long process. They get back to you within 4-5 days of a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you gave exceptional customer service?

What is world class customer service?

How will you be successful with the series 7?

Tell us about your resume

Answer Question
    pay is awful, get your licenses and move out of the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2011.

Sent my resume out for the position on the website and got a phone call back within a couple hours which was exciting but a little off-putting. We chatted for a few minutes and set up a time the following week for a phone interview which took about an hour. It was mostly behavioral based and your typical resume-walk through. You have to do pretty poorly not to get a second-round as these recruiters are paid based on qualified candidates sent in. If you have any credit issues you are instantly out. At the end of the interview we set up a time for the group second-round. Also got some feedback on my responses which was helpful. Interviewer obviously wants you to do well and he told me how I can improve my answers. Following week went for the campus tour (which was beautiful btw). Boring presentations at first. Got to chat with someone that works there now which was really helpful. Nobody besides the interviewers at the end have any input on the hiring process so don't feel like you need to suck up the entire time and make everyone else in the room hate you. After the tour is the one-on-two interview which is really more just a test for handling stress and being a good speaker. Be prepared. They are looking for people who do well on the phone which means your answers should always be ready to go. Practice to pull the 'uhs' and 'ums' out of normal talking pattern. The actual interview is very typical. More of a conversation. I feel like I bonded well with my interviewers. Seemed as though we had very similar work/educational backgrounds which was absolutely helpful. Be prepared to answer follow-up questions. Be concise but always elaborate. They want specific examples and your typical interview key-words. Next day the HR guy called and told me I had the job. The day after another HR person called and made the official offer. Gotta e-sign some paperwork and do the drug test within 3 days. Next week you go back into the office for fingerprinting and will have a start date set in stone.
    HR though is a pain, per usual. Seems as though they read directly off of a script. Got a phone call to call back so I did. Couldn't get through to anyone. Next day I got a message telling me to call someone else. Just seemed as though it was a little more difficult than necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you accomplished something in a group   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same level

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2011.

I emailed my resume. I was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. Fidelity was the last place I worked before having a child. I happen to be the last person hired and the first they laid off. I have a laundry list of various securities licenses. The phone interview started off with "Where have you worked in the last 10 years?". I was laid off from Fidelity and I started a family. I think that did me in right there a stay at home mom…(of which technically I was overqualified for the position anyway).
     "Do you use Outlook, Excel and Power Point…." I said yes I have used them, currently I am using MAC. The interviewer started hammering me with specific computer questions and turned the interview into a Microsoft interview. She told me to get some current job experience and apply in 6 months. Well it's been 6 months and I've applied for 10 jobs at Fidelity and I have not heard a peep.

Interview Questions
    • Are you currently using Outlook?   View Answer
    • Are you currently using Excel or Power Point?   View Answer