Fidelity Investments

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Covington, KY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruiter, who I then had a phone interview with. I then went to a group interview where we took a tour and sat through and informational session. We then split of into individual interviews and then took a critical think test. I was contacted within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview first. She asked basic questions about my back ground and education. I then had an on site interview with 2 managers - one from the retail side and one from the 401k side (I interviewed for both positions at one time.) They asked me standard interview situational questions ("tell me about a time when...") I received an offer from them about a week later.

Interview Question – I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They did ask me about my study habits and how I knew I would be successful on the Series 7.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Covington, KY

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – They begin with a phone interview, which is followed by a panel interview at their location.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell them on anything that comes to mind.   View Answer

Financial Representative
Covington, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Found the job on my career center website. Applied on Fidelity website. Was contacted about a month later to see if I was still interested in the job. They talked about what the job entails. They then set you up with a phone interview. I wouldn't stress about this that much. They give you feed back as you go on how to improve your answers. They will automatically send you to the next round. From here you go visit the Fidelity campus. You have an hour presentation, followed by a tour of where you would be working. Then you go off with two hiring managers, and have a 2:1 interview. Mainly behavioral questions. After the interview you go take a logic test. Do well on this since they use this to determine on how successful you will be with the series 7 exam. Its a long process. They get back to you within 4-5 days of a decision.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you gave exceptional customer service?

What is world class customer service?

How will you be successful with the series 7?

Tell us about your resume
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay is awful, get your licenses and move out of the position

Covington, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

Interview Details – Once you apply you get a call from the recruiter. You go through typical interview questions. If you pass the first step, then you get a call from a manager to come in and interview. Once at the site you take a tour and talk to existing representatives. After that you go in and interview with 2 hiring managers. Again, typical interview questions. Managers like to hear good examples of how your previous job skills will relate to the new job you applied for. Once you go through that you wait a week and get another call from another manager that asks you a couple more questions. After that you get an offer.

Interview Question – If you were a tree, which tree would you be?   View Answer

Covington, KY

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2011.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume. I was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. Fidelity was the last place I worked before having a child. I happen to be the last person hired and the first they laid off. I have a laundry list of various securities licenses. The phone interview started off with "Where have you worked in the last 10 years?". I was laid off from Fidelity and I started a family. I think that did me in right there a stay at home mom…(of which technically I was overqualified for the position anyway).
 "Do you use Outlook, Excel and Power Point…." I said yes I have used them, currently I am using MAC. The interviewer started hammering me with specific computer questions and turned the interview into a Microsoft interview. She told me to get some current job experience and apply in 6 months. Well it's been 6 months and I've applied for 10 jobs at Fidelity and I have not heard a peep.

Interview Questions

Financial Representative
Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2011.

Interview Details – Sent my resume out for the position on the website and got a phone call back within a couple hours which was exciting but a little off-putting. We chatted for a few minutes and set up a time the following week for a phone interview which took about an hour. It was mostly behavioral based and your typical resume-walk through. You have to do pretty poorly not to get a second-round as these recruiters are paid based on qualified candidates sent in. If you have any credit issues you are instantly out. At the end of the interview we set up a time for the group second-round. Also got some feedback on my responses which was helpful. Interviewer obviously wants you to do well and he told me how I can improve my answers. Following week went for the campus tour (which was beautiful btw). Boring presentations at first. Got to chat with someone that works there now which was really helpful. Nobody besides the interviewers at the end have any input on the hiring process so don't feel like you need to suck up the entire time and make everyone else in the room hate you. After the tour is the one-on-two interview which is really more just a test for handling stress and being a good speaker. Be prepared. They are looking for people who do well on the phone which means your answers should always be ready to go. Practice to pull the 'uhs' and 'ums' out of normal talking pattern. The actual interview is very typical. More of a conversation. I feel like I bonded well with my interviewers. Seemed as though we had very similar work/educational backgrounds which was absolutely helpful. Be prepared to answer follow-up questions. Be concise but always elaborate. They want specific examples and your typical interview key-words. Next day the HR guy called and told me I had the job. The day after another HR person called and made the official offer. Gotta e-sign some paperwork and do the drug test within 3 days. Next week you go back into the office for fingerprinting and will have a start date set in stone.
HR though is a pain, per usual. Seems as though they read directly off of a script. Got a phone call to call back so I did. Couldn't get through to anyone. Next day I got a message telling me to call someone else. Just seemed as though it was a little more difficult than necessary.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you accomplished something in a group   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same level

Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first phase consisted of a phone interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. Then proceeded to an interview on premises which consisted of a group presentation about the company, an interview with 2 managers, and then the watson-glazer test. Most of the interview questions were behavioral. Be prepared to give examples.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was schedule via phone, and a week later the man called on time. Said the interview would take about an hour, but only lasted 40 minutes or so. He asked questions based on my resume, and questions about my interest in stocks. I was told I would be called back within a week, and didn't hear back from him for two weeks. I was told that the number of applicants was very large, and the though I may have been a good fit a few months ago, there were people more qualified than me.

Interview Question – How in past jobs have you dealt with upset customers?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Covington, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2008.

Interview Details – My experience is that the way to get an interview at Fidelity is to know someone that works there, usually be recommended by a manager. The interview process seemed lengthy and time consuming, but during most of my 1:1 interviews, some managers didn't even ask me any questions and others asked irrelevant questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have had a conflict with another emplyee or management and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments interview questions and advice in Covington, KY. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.