Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Fidelity Investments Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – You are first contacted by a recruiter from Veritude. They are very personable. They prepare you for the 2 hour interview process. Fidelity presents you with a Powerpoint demo about the company in a board room with about 6-10 other candidates. You are then taken one by one into a smaller room with 2 members of management for a 45 minute interview.

Reason for Declining – The offered schedule was 12pm to 830pm EST

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Initial phone interview that lasted about an hour then an in person interview which also lasted about an hour with 2 managers. The entire process was complete in about a month.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific time that you failed and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details – It is a long process for an entry level position - be patient! I received a voice mail indicating that HR would like to perform a phone screening about a week, 10 days after applying for the position. I called back the next day and scheduled a phone screening for the day after. It last about 20 minutes. One thing I appreciated was right up front I was told the salary range, the fact that some evening hours would be required though the scheduled wasn't decided definitely yet and would I be interested in being considered as a candidate. I was also told that a credit check, criminal background check and drug screening were mandatory and asked if I had an issue with these. I answered some basic questions regarding my customer service philosophy, the types of customer service I had performed in the past, why I left my last position and what I was looking for in a new position. I was told at the end of the call I was going to be passed along to HR for a phone interview. I was advise to learn more about Fidelity (I had done that when I knew I was going to have a phone screening), and to know why I want to work there, be able to explain how I handled customer service challenges in the past and to know something about the financial services industry.
     Two days later I had a 45 minute phone interview. I was asked typical questions, asked thoughtful questions regarding what I would be doing in the position. I did know about the different areas of the company, the mission statement, values, etc. I was told that I was going to be asked to come in for an in-person interview and to be sure I knew why I wanted to work for Fidelity, and to know something about the industry.
     I arrived at the office and had an overview of the position and a Q&A session with a woman who performs the job and five other candidates. We had a tour of the facility before the interview. I met with two managers. There was a bit of "good cop-bad cop". I think they were trying to see if they could rattle me a bit since obviously dealing with customers there are going to be stressful situations and the managers need to see if you can maintain a professional demeanor.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions per se, but they kept asking over and over "so what else do you want to know?" and I was asked "what did you think we would ask you that we didn't?" Then I started to discuss a customer service example and one of the managers said "Oh, I have heard enough about your CS experience, tell me something else". Just be able to know the industry a bit, the difference between tax deferred, tax exempt, etc., whatever will pertain to the area in which you are working.

The background check takes a long time! It took a month for me. If you know there are "no skeletons in your closet", do not be nervous.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – It was very easy they had a packet where she asked me questions and I provided my most honest and professional answers.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly simple. Do your research on what position your interviewing for. Know something about the area you are looking to go into. I was told I was interviewing for a "DC" role (I had no idea what that meant). DC= 401k, DB= Pensions. Just be confident.

Interview Question – How nervous are you right now?   Answer Question

Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by someone from Vertitude, their in house staffing firm. Was asked a series of screening questions and then sent paperwork for a background/credit check, and a typing/data entry test. In person interview was scheduled about a week later. Initially there were 4 other people present and we were given an overview of the position/company and a brief tour. Then we broke off and were each interviewed by two people from the company. Recieved favorable feedback during and after the interview from the 2 that interviewed me and the person from Vertitude, but alas no offer was made, which was kind of a disapointment. I'd rather have been told 'no' from the begining, but allowed myself to get excited based on their feedback and it came back to bite me in the rear. I really feel dooped by them and they led me on to think that I was a preffered canidate only to get shafted in the end.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult. Standard questions that you would expect.   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

Interview Details – It took 2 weeks from the online application to get a call from a recruiter who scheduled a screening phone interview. Phone interview was a 30 min interview with another hour long phone interview with another recruiter.
1 week later there was an other interview in person at the fidelity facilities. The entire process took 2 hours, included tour and presentation followed by an in person interview.

It takes 7-10 days for an offer to be extended.

The interview is not really difficult. The format of the interview was unexpected. I was expecting a 1:1 interview but ended up with two managers interviewing me. (on a sidenote, they may try to good cop bad cop you. Do NOT let that get to you).

Interview Question – How have you dealt with underperformers on your team as a team lead?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – standard package, no negotiation.

Cary, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2009.

Interview Details – We had a mass hiring because Fidelity was opening a new call center in Cary, NC.

Interview Question – How do you deal with hostel customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a higher salary. Fidelity offered $1,000 / year

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I was a part of an interview class with 10 other people. The actuall interview went pretty smoothly.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very personable and professional. Invited to the main building, escorted to small conference room and had my conducted in a timely and efficient manner. The hiring manager was precise in questioning and honest with his feedback.

Interview Question – There were no surprises, typical interview questions regarding any customer service postion.   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!