Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Initial phone interview that lasted about an hour then an in person interview which also lasted about an hour with 2 managers. The entire process was complete in about a month.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a specific time that you failed and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Customer Service Representative Interview

It was very easy they had a packet where she asked me questions and I provided my most honest and professional answers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

It is a long process for an entry level position - be patient! I received a voice mail indicating that HR would like to perform a phone screening about a week, 10 days after applying for the position. I called back the next day and scheduled a phone screening for the day after. It last about 20 minutes. One thing I appreciated was right up front I was told the salary range, the fact that some evening hours would be required though the scheduled wasn't decided definitely yet and would I be interested in being considered as a candidate. I was also told that a credit check, criminal background check and drug screening were mandatory and asked if I had an issue with these. I answered some basic questions regarding my customer service philosophy, the types of customer service I had performed in the past, why I left my last position and what I was looking for in a new position. I was told at the end of the call I was going to be passed along to HR for a phone interview. I was advise to learn more about Fidelity (I had done that when I knew I was going to have a phone screening), and to know why I want to work there, be able to explain how I handled customer service challenges in the past and to know something about the financial services industry.
         Two days later I had a 45 minute phone interview. I was asked typical questions, asked thoughtful questions regarding what I would be doing in the position. I did know about the different areas of the company, the mission statement, values, etc. I was told that I was going to be asked to come in for an in-person interview and to be sure I knew why I wanted to work for Fidelity, and to know something about the industry.
         I arrived at the office and had an overview of the position and a Q&A session with a woman who performs the job and five other candidates. We had a tour of the facility before the interview. I met with two managers. There was a bit of "good cop-bad cop". I think they were trying to see if they could rattle me a bit since obviously dealing with customers there are going to be stressful situations and the managers need to see if you can maintain a professional demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions per se, but they kept asking over and over "so what else do you want to know?" and I was asked "what did you think we would ask you that we didn't?" Then I started to discuss a customer service example and one of the managers said "Oh, I have heard enough about your CS experience, tell me something else". Just be able to know the industry a bit, the difference between tax deferred, tax exempt, etc., whatever will pertain to the area in which you are working.

The background check takes a long time! It took a month for me. If you know there are "no skeletons in your closet", do not be nervous.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview was fairly simple. Do your research on what position your interviewing for. Know something about the area you are looking to go into. I was told I was interviewing for a "DC" role (I had no idea what that meant). DC= 401k, DB= Pensions. Just be confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

You are first contacted by a recruiter from Veritude. They are very personable. They prepare you for the 2 hour interview process. Fidelity presents you with a Powerpoint demo about the company in a board room with about 6-10 other candidates. You are then taken one by one into a smaller room with 2 members of management for a 45 minute interview.

The offered schedule was 12pm to 830pm EST

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Applied online. Was contacted by someone from Vertitude, their in house staffing firm. Was asked a series of screening questions and then sent paperwork for a background/credit check, and a typing/data entry test. In person interview was scheduled about a week later. Initially there were 4 other people present and we were given an overview of the position/company and a brief tour. Then we broke off and were each interviewed by two people from the company. Recieved favorable feedback during and after the interview from the 2 that interviewed me and the person from Vertitude, but alas no offer was made, which was kind of a disapointment. I'd rather have been told 'no' from the begining, but allowed myself to get excited based on their feedback and it came back to bite me in the rear. I really feel dooped by them and they led me on to think that I was a preffered canidate only to get shafted in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Standard questions that you would expect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

It took 2 weeks from the online application to get a call from a recruiter who scheduled a screening phone interview. Phone interview was a 30 min interview with another hour long phone interview with another recruiter.
    1 week later there was an other interview in person at the fidelity facilities. The entire process took 2 hours, included tour and presentation followed by an in person interview.

It takes 7-10 days for an offer to be extended.

The interview is not really difficult. The format of the interview was unexpected. I was expecting a 1:1 interview but ended up with two managers interviewing me. (on a sidenote, they may try to good cop bad cop you. Do NOT let that get to you).

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with underperformers on your team as a team lead?   View Answer
    standard package, no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was a part of an interview class with 10 other people. The actuall interview went pretty smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2012.

I submitted a resume via Career Builder and a few hours later a representative from Veritude called and gave me an overview of the job and set me up for an interview. I went to the interview today. First 12 people went in a conference room got a detailed overview. Then everyone had 1:1 interview. It was Very brief. No difficult questions. She just asked was I ok with the hours? Asked about some constructive criticism I recieved? And how I dealt with an upset customer? And also work history? It took about 5-10mins. Now I'm jus waiting on all the background checks and everything to come back to get an interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2010.

Very personable and professional. Invited to the main building, escorted to small conference room and had my conducted in a timely and efficient manner. The hiring manager was precise in questioning and honest with his feedback.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprises, typical interview questions regarding any customer service postion.   Answer Question