Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.9

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

I applied via a career networking website from school and got an interview about two months later. The interview took place at their Westlake branch. The interview consisted of two 30 minutes session, interviewed by two different team leaders. They were both nice, but I never got a call back.

Retirement Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

You go through a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both are behavioral. The phone interview takes about 45 minutes in total. The human resources department will get back to you shortly after to notify you if you have made it to the next round of in-person interviews. The in-person interview takes about 2.5 hours in total. You take a tour of the facility and go through a PowerPoint presentation about Fidelity. After this you go into an interview with two managers from the department you're applying for. Once again this is a behavioral interview. After the interview human resources will let you know if you have been offered the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Your boss needs your help on an important matter, you are currently on the phone with a customer, and you are supposed to call another customer back in 15 minutes. All three matters are important, how do you satisfy all three situations?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

I became a technical intern through the college recruiters for the program the summer of 2012. Applied for the LEAP program once I was a technical intern. The process was laid back and they are usually more partial to interns getting into the program than outside students.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Very Easy, Open dialog. Met the hiring manager outside of business hours to accommodate both schedules. Just asked me the standard questions about my background and why Fidelity Investments. We were both from the East Coast so we hit it off instantly. The corporate recruiter was awesome as well. She really kept me updated throughout the entire interview process.

No negotation

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through a mini-interview at the career fair in Feb. They contacted me 2 weeks after and set up a behavioral phone interview. There was a 2 month gap in communication until they contacted me for a phone interview with one of the managers. The manager found me a good fit for the company but not for his specific position so he referred me to another manager. I went through a technical/getting-to-know-you interview with him and I got the internship around the end of April.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions were very routine. The technical questions were more geared towards getting to know about my background and previous experiences rather than an over the phone exam.   Answer Question
    The offer was non-negotiable but the pay was really good. No relocation provided.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

First you get a phone call stating basic job description and pay then you get another phone call where they do a screening on you. if you pass that you get a phone interview for about an hour where they ask alot of behavioral based questions. if you pass this then they invite you for a face to face interview. this interview consists of a 30 minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the career opportunities within it, then you get a tour of the facility with 2 of the current financial representatives. they then call your name out and you go with 2 managers where they interview you. the questions asked in this were pretty much exactly the same as the ones asked in phone interview. the key to do well here is answer with detailed specific examples and explain thoroughly without answering around the question. after this interview you have to take a critical thinking test for about 30 mins- an hour (you get as much time as you need). I got a call 3 days later with a job offer. the overall process was great, my recruiter was more my advocate and answered all my questions thoroughly and guided me through the process.

no negotiation.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two interviews. The first was with HR. Must submit a credit screening. The second was with managers on the floor where you will be working. Standard interview questions "give me an example of..."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just know how to standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    none

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

You will be contacted by HR after you submitted resume in a week. First is a simple phone interview for about 10 mins. Secondly, if you are selected, you will be scheduled an interview with 2 interviewers, each for 30 mins. Most questions are behavior. But if you got a tough interviewer, be prepared to answer some financial questions.

Time conflict with class

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation for this position.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!