Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called regarding my online application we talked about my background and the job duties, then they scheduled me for an interview for the following week. I interviewed with 3 different managers each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews, they only hire certain periodds of times so you could have up to a couple months off between when you accept and when you start the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received great service and what made it special   Answer Question

Financial and Retirement Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

After an on campus mock interview, someone else called asking if I would interested in the position and then set up a longer phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter, an in person interview at the Westlake campus was set up the following week. At the campus, we were given an overview of the campus, the company and some benefits before an interview with two managers. After the interview, we had to take a skills and reasoning test to gauge success in passing Series 7 and 66 licensing. I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, but the recruiter called me the day after interviewing offering me the position and outlining the details of the position.

Throughout the interview process, the questions were very standard behavioural based questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). They also asked about my knowledge of the Series 7 and 66 exams, my motivation to earn them and my plan to study for them. The process was very straightforward with very friendly and helpful people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for these positions.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Three-tiered interview process, all with standard interview questions. Not too many curveballs. The first is a telephone interview with a recent hire who has one year's experience in the position applied for from the local office (and has transferred to HR). Second is with a senior HR manager and may be from another office located somewhere else in the US. If you pass both interviews, you'll get to tour the facility with a group of candidates. Get there 5-10 minutes early so you don't leave the group waiting. There will be a brief presentation about the company by a senior manager, followed by the tour and finally, an interview with two hiring managers.

It was a great experience, that I unfortunately blew, as it was my first serious interview in a long time. I've applied numerous times since and will continue to apply until I get it, or something better. This had the feel of a great place to start a career.

They were incredibly kind, helpful, and understanding. If you don't have a lot of experience in customer service, you probably won't get the job, though. If you're fresh out of college without a background as a CSR, work for a while in retail or another customer relations-job first.

They are incredibly candid and helpful in letting you know precisely why they pass you over; and you'll have tons of time to prepare for the interview. Use it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a career in finance? There really isn't a good answer for this question. I've talked to people who "were always interested in finance" or who "took a class in school and found it interesting" who had strong backgrounds in the field who were passed over because they failed to articulate that question effectively. Just do your due-diligence, but don't sweat it. They're really looking for people who are interested in provided the strongest customer service possible. Articulate that, and you should be golden.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Irving, TX).

Interview

I went through a mini-interview at the career fair in Feb. They contacted me 2 weeks after and set up a behavioral phone interview. There was a 2 month gap in communication until they contacted me for a phone interview with one of the managers. The manager found me a good fit for the company but not for his specific position so he referred me to another manager. I went through a technical/getting-to-know-you interview with him and I got the internship around the end of April.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions were very routine. The technical questions were more geared towards getting to know about my background and previous experiences rather than an over the phone exam.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable but the pay was really good. No relocation provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

First you get a phone call stating basic job description and pay then you get another phone call where they do a screening on you. if you pass that you get a phone interview for about an hour where they ask alot of behavioral based questions. if you pass this then they invite you for a face to face interview. this interview consists of a 30 minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the career opportunities within it, then you get a tour of the facility with 2 of the current financial representatives. they then call your name out and you go with 2 managers where they interview you. the questions asked in this were pretty much exactly the same as the ones asked in phone interview. the key to do well here is answer with detailed specific examples and explain thoroughly without answering around the question. after this interview you have to take a critical thinking test for about 30 mins- an hour (you get as much time as you need). I got a call 3 days later with a job offer. the overall process was great, my recruiter was more my advocate and answered all my questions thoroughly and guided me through the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Two interviews. The first was with HR. Must submit a credit screening. The second was with managers on the floor where you will be working. Standard interview questions "give me an example of..."

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just know how to standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation for this position.