Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments
- Financial Representative (140)
- Financial Services Representative (57)
- Customer Service Representative (33)
- Software Engineer/Developer (22)
- Analyst (21)
- Intern (16)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Systems Analyst (11)
- Equity Research Associate (11)
- Financial Analyst (10)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (10)
- Associate Software Engineer Developer (9)
- LEAP Program (9)
- Technical Intern (8)
- Software Engineer (8)
- Associate (7)
- Financial Advisor (7)
- Fund Accounting Analyst (7)
- Graduate Trainee Engineer (6)
- Account Executive (6)
- Research Analyst (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Financial Associate (5)
- Vice President (5)
- Manager (5)
- Software Developer (4)
- IT Project Manager (4)
- Investments Representative (4)
- Customer Service Associate I (4)
- Director (4)
Defined Contributions Representative II Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).
Two interviews. The first was with HR. Must submit a credit screening. The second was with managers on the floor where you will be working. Standard interview questions "give me an example of..."
- Nothing difficult, just know how to standard interview questions. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments
Defined Contribution Representative II InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in January 2014.
I went through 2 phone interviews and one in-person interview because I was out of state. On the last interview I interviewed with two hiring managers. Last part of the interview they called from a different phone and you had to display your customer service skills to them. Later called offer position.
- Most difficult part of the interview is when the hirig manager leaves the room and call you on the office phone and you have to present your customer service skills to them. 1 Answer
Defined Contributions Representative II InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2013.
I was contacted by a recruiter who found my profile on LinkedIn. I replied back and we set up the initial interview on the phone for the next day. I told her I was working and asked if she could set up the interview around my work schedule. She was able to set up a phone interview with a hiring manager for 2 days later. I did a phone interview. The next day the recruiter called to say they wanted to hire me and that I needed to clarify some things on my application. She told me she would be setting up an appointment for my telephone offer. The whole process was easy for me.
- Tell us about how you have handled a difficult client. Answer Question
Defined Contributions Representative II InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2013.
Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.
- There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions 1 Answer
there was not a negotiation phase