Fidelity Investments

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2012.

Interview Details – HR is the first line of review. Next comes the group that does the hiring. The process was very quick for me, a total of 2 weeks.

Interview Question – All of the questions were reasonable and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got an offer. I gave a counter offer and it was accepted.

Director
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had only one interview with the HR. After few weeks they informed that the positions was cancelled.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or very difficult.   Answer Question

Director
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Long! Over two months from initial phone screen to end of negotiations. It was very well organized so there were no surprises with each phase, but the wait time towards the end rounds was long.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but there was an hour-long test to show day-to-day ability to solve relevant business problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the title as it was flexible based on experience. Although I didn't ask for it, the higher title naturally brought a bump in salary as well as bonus potential which I assumed would happen (and therefore didn't ask for, so long as the title was given). I felt they really weighed my case and I appreciated the process (though it took about two weeks).

I was mostly annoyed at the lack of transparency around the title / role and how they were going to scale the offer based on your background, until the offer actually came in (and surprised me at the lower end).

I would have beendisappointed if I didn't get the offer, so can only imagine the other final candidate was turned off from the process.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – - Recruited me off of LinkedIn
- Submitted resume and received callback within 7 days
- one 30-min phone interview with staffer
- four 30-min phone interviews with varying levels of management
- one 60-min face-to-face interview
- one 3hr face-to-face interview with job offer at end of interview
- Approximately a 60 days process start to finish

Interview Question – - How do you intend to immerse yourself in the Fidelity culture since it differs from where you are currently or have been employed.
- What do you know about Fidelity.

I was prepared for both but you need to do your homework so you understand the culture in advance as everything is readily available on their website if you do a little digging.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was completely satisfied with the offer and did not feel the need to negotiate the terms based upon the total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits, work life balance, and numerous other incentives that made it an exception initial offer based upon my work experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Director interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.