Fidelity Investments Director Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

3.2

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Standard process beginning with a phone screening, moving to a phone interview, and finally an on-site half-day interview with 4 team members. After my on-site interviews, I was asked to do one follow-up phone call with the hiring manager. The offer letter came a few days after that. In all phases of the process, the interview questions were primarily behavioral and resume-focused. I enjoyed the process overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting priorities in a working environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Long! Over two months from initial phone screen to end of negotiations. It was very well organized so there were no surprises with each phase, but the wait time towards the end rounds was long.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but there was an hour-long test to show day-to-day ability to solve relevant business problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the title as it was flexible based on experience. Although I didn't ask for it, the higher title naturally brought a bump in salary as well as bonus potential which I assumed would happen (and therefore didn't ask for, so long as the title was given). I felt they really weighed my case and I appreciated the process (though it took about two weeks). I was mostly annoyed at the lack of transparency around the title / role and how they were going to scale the offer based on your background, until the offer actually came in (and surprised me at the lower end). I would have beendisappointed if I didn't get the offer, so can only imagine the other final candidate was turned off from the process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

HR is the first line of review. Next comes the group that does the hiring. The process was very quick for me, a total of 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got an offer. I gave a counter offer and it was accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in June 2011.

Interview

Hr screen followed by phone screen followed by 1 on1 in person interview. Note hr is very slow and delay the overall hiring and I boarding process. The hr tends to be very repetitious

Interview Questions

• There were no out of the ordinary standard interview questions   1 Answer