Fidelity Investments

2.7

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

LEAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Technical very easy more emphasis on behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • All were easy
      One among them is
      What is the difference between jdk1.5 and jdk 5.5
        View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview lasted 1 hour and it consisted two parts. The interviewers are extremely easy to talk to and they said they would get back to me in one week. The interview consisted almost to none hard questions, mostly just how I could fit in their company culture. The only thing they asked me that was on qualifications is how proficient I was in Excel.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions   View Answer
    there was not a negotiation phase

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

First: A 15 minute phone screen with HR. She asked technical questions that she did not understand but I matched the answers she had in front of her so I was asked to come in for in-person interview.

Second: Three one-on-one half-hour interviews with various software team members. Interviewers were nice but incompetent. Two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. The technical interview was with someone who spoke English as a secondary language, and he simply went down a list of programming languages and terms and asked if I had heard of them. When I tried to define terms he would interrupt--he literally just wanted yes or no answers as to whether I was familiar with things. My honesty probably hurt me because I could have told him I knew everything he was asking instead of telling him I had not worked with Oracle, triggers, etc.

A few days after the interview HR called and said they had no openings for QA. It would have hurt less if they had been honest and said I failed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between String and Stringbuilder in Java. (Phone screen question)   View Answer
    • Can a Java class implement multiple interfaces? (Phone screen question)   View Answers (2)
    • Difference between int and Integer in Java. (Phone screen question)   View Answer
    • Have you ever worked with (fill in random programming language or term)? (In-person question)   View Answer

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through the company's website, then got an email through company's recruiter, a onsite interview was arranged, got the offer right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions as soon as you studied the online interview questions. You need to understand what is the Singleton/Facotry Pattern, difference between doGet() and doPost() etc.   Answer Question

Investor Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

- promptly reached out to me
    - friendly process
    - very accessible

Interview Questions
    • - what is a case in the past in customer service when you encountered a challenge with a coworker and how did you solve it   Answer Question
    Smooth