Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Technology Risk Analyst Interview

Principal Technology Risk Analyst
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent process on HR's end of things. They had relevant details, described the business and the job role in sufficient detail. Their follow through on call-backs and updates is by far the best I've ever experienced.

Interview Question – Why was I looking to return to a corporate position after having my own business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiations were with the start date. Otherwise the offer was solid and the benefits spot on and so I accepted.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Defined Contributions Representative II
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Interview Question – There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation phase

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were almost no technical skill questions asked.. The process mostly glossed over my resume and asked about previous work experience.
They appeared to be more interested in how you would fit into the company culture and less concerned about what you could do for them.

Interview Question – I was presented with an odd question about firing all of the desktop support staff and replacing them with contractors.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Software Engineer/Developer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

LEAP Interview

LEAP
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Technical very easy more emphasis on behavioral questions

Interview Question – All were easy
One among them is
What is the difference between jdk1.5 and jdk 5.5
  View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview process was concentrating more on the technical front dealing with Routing Protocols and High Availability.

Interview Question – Troubleshooting of MPLS and BGP.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was straight forward and mot much complications.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Question – The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The interview lasted 1 hour and it consisted two parts. The interviewers are extremely easy to talk to and they said they would get back to me in one week. The interview consisted almost to none hard questions, mostly just how I could fit in their company culture. The only thing they asked me that was on qualifications is how proficient I was in Excel.

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – First: A 15 minute phone screen with HR. She asked technical questions that she did not understand but I matched the answers she had in front of her so I was asked to come in for in-person interview.

Second: Three one-on-one half-hour interviews with various software team members. Interviewers were nice but incompetent. Two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. The technical interview was with someone who spoke English as a secondary language, and he simply went down a list of programming languages and terms and asked if I had heard of them. When I tried to define terms he would interrupt--he literally just wanted yes or no answers as to whether I was familiar with things. My honesty probably hurt me because I could have told him I knew everything he was asking instead of telling him I had not worked with Oracle, triggers, etc.

A few days after the interview HR called and said they had no openings for QA. It would have hurt less if they had been honest and said I failed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between String and Stringbuilder in Java. (Phone screen question)   Answer Question
  • Can a Java class implement multiple interfaces? (Phone screen question)   View Answer
  • Difference between int and Integer in Java. (Phone screen question)   Answer Question
  • Have you ever worked with (fill in random programming language or term)? (In-person question)   View Answer

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Software Engineer/Developer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I applied through the company's website, then got an email through company's recruiter, a onsite interview was arranged, got the offer right after the interview.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions as soon as you studied the online interview questions. You need to understand what is the Singleton/Facotry Pattern, difference between doGet() and doPost() etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments interview questions and advice in Durham, NC. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.