Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Durham, NC

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.7

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

Prompt response to my application, which was nice. Initial interview was over the phone for 45 minutes. Nicely done with relevant questions about my current and past work, what I like about the Fidelity position and company; only a few challenging questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer was clear that the position was entry level and had expectations of completing Series 7 and 66 exams. She said the salary would be $35K with possible bonuses, and this was non-negotiable. She said she wanted to offer me another interview - this one to be on-site with the organization. She prepared me with their possible questions and offered helpful feedback for how to answer thos questions. Due to this, I felt at ease going into the second interview. The second interview: I was in a group of 8 who were ushered into a conference room and introduced to the company by two men who shared their positions and career paths to date. We watched a power point presentation about Fidelity and then were taken as individuals to be interviewed. I was interviewed by two other men who put me at ease and tag-teamed their questions. That part lasted about 35 minutes. They wanted to know what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for Fidelity. They also asked if I knew about the Series 7 and 66 exams. They answered my questions and led me to think the interview went well and their next step was to meet with the other interviewers and "fight for me" as a new hire. I havent heard yet whether I will be extended an offer. They said it would be up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to receiving feedback about your work and making immediate adjustments?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me. The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Financial Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview with 2 managers. Phone call from phone interviewer the following day offering position. Interview was in September, start date for training was in November.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

LEAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

Technical very easy more emphasis on behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• All were easy One among them is What is the difference between jdk1.5 and jdk 5.5   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview lasted 1 hour and it consisted two parts. The interviewers are extremely easy to talk to and they said they would get back to me in one week. The interview consisted almost to none hard questions, mostly just how I could fit in their company culture. The only thing they asked me that was on qualifications is how proficient I was in Excel.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was not a negotiation phase

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Decent difficulty of questions, made sure I knew the product and knew how to do the job. Also the main thing they looked for is if I would gel with the team. Overall the interview process was not too taxing/hard, yet they did look for the most qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and what do you do to cope with it.   Answer Question