Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Had a 1:1 interview with an analyst. Asked several detailed questions about my opinion on the markets and a few stocks.

Boston, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly just chatting. They wanted to make sure I paid attention to what was going on in the world, and that I would fit in at Fidelity. Asked what sectors I would be in right now, and was asked once out of 4 interviews for a stock reccomendation

Interview Question – Pick a sector to be in right now   View Answer

Equity Research Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through my school's career services website. Was selected for a first round interview. The interview was going fairly smoothly, mostly soft stuff about my background, until I referenced my personal investment experience. At that point, the interviewer seemed to perk up and started asking me some fairly difficult and technical questions about the stock purchases I had made, and my "investment thesis" for each. Extremely competitive for second round interviews and I was not one of the lucky few

Interview Questions

• What was your investment thesis for this particular stock?   Answer Question
  • If you were asked to choose between two stocks, what would you want to know?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was given a case study and a few questions mainly about why Fidelity and why fit.

Interview Question – Why would you choose Fidelity   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked questions about the background motivation and some technical questions related to CAPM. Also asked about factors that might be indicative of the industrial trends.

Interview Question – What might affect the number of houses built in the US per month?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview Details – on boston forum for the position in Asia-pacific excluding Japan
went through the resume (all internships)
behavior questions , what did you learn from activities
valuation questions
pitch a stock

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2009.

Interview Details – I failed to make it to the next round, so I don't know much about it. As far as I know, the interview process should be very selective. That's all I can offer you.

Interview Question – What prompts your application for the job?   View Answer

Equity Research Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview in the first round followed by 5 additional interviews in the office. The PM's asked very specific questions and your investment thesis on a few different stocks. Fit interview with HR at second round. After the first round, candidates have to prepare for a stock pitch for the second round interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your investment thesis on Company X   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!