Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

Interview Details – Another name for this position is "Financial Advisor"

I applied online a month prior to getting a call from a recruiter. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview, which took place within a week. The phone interview took about an hour. The questions were mostly behavioral, but she also asked some details about my previous work experience. She gave me an overview of the position, the compensation and benefits and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. She was very friendly and helpful. Before my face to face interview I had to fill out a profile on their website, which included exact dates of my last positions, my prior salaries, and the contact info for my references. This task had a deadline, and the recruiter told me that mine was completed properly.

The face to face interview was scheduled about a week later, but had to be rescheduled on their end, so it was 2 weeks later. The entire process took 3 hours, but began with a presentation about the company, about our location, past present and future, and the core values. I was there with a group of about 8 people. Next we had a tour of the facility and some took a short break. Then, the hiring managers came to greet us, and each candidate went with two hiring managers to a small interview room. I think this took about an hour. They had about 20 behavioral questions. Finally there was a very short role play session where I answered the phone and pretend to help someone who is calling with a problem.

From the entire process, I learned that they are looking for friendly candidates with enthusiasm, professionalism, communicative, the strong desire to help people and a good knowledge of modern technology (software, web, computers, mobile) and also the ability to self train. They are also looking for people who have experience or would do well working on a team.

I also learned that they make an effort to train you well for this job position so I was at ease with not having prior customer service experience.

When it was over, I was told I would be contacted within 10 days regardless of the decision. The next day I got a call from the recruiter and was offered the job. On Monday I will have a call with someone who will arrange for me to sign the offer and arrange for a drug test. I won't be able to start the job for another two months. They have set start dates.

Overall, I was very impressed by the entire process, and the professionalism of everyone I met at Fidelity. The entire process from application to interview took a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were told to improve on your job performance and what did you do to make the improvements.   View Answer
  • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how did you deal with it.   View Answer
  • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a policy and what did you do.   View Answer
  • What is the most difficult software you have used.   View Answer
  • Describe something that was really hard for you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no discussion about benefits or salary during the face to face interview, but this is discussed with the recruiter, and there is no negotiation. They will offer you a salary based on your prior experience and prior salary.

American Fork, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. got a call from the hr rep in texas. was given a basic description of the job and set up a time for a phone interview. the phone interview was unreal. All behavioral based questions. I would answer them and she said she felt like I wasn't answering her question... ok? she told me to take a day and study behavioral based questions. she called back the next day asking the same questions and me answering the questions what i feel like were very similar to those i gave the day before. she liked them enough to set me up for a face to face interview. The face to face went great. two really great managers interviewed me for a little over an hr. behavioral based questions again. the interview ended with a test which took 30 min or so.

Interview Question – What is something we should know about you that we dont know?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer elsewhere

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Branch manager in person. After that an interview with the recruiter and three other managers. Total of five interviews. Great people and all made the interviews very comfortable. The process took about two weeks. I accepted the offer and will start 3 weeks from now depending on how long the background process will take.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is very reasonable compared to other companies.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.