Fidelity Investments Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then met with someone from the hiring department, then your third process is meeting with two hiring managers. When you meet with the person from the hiring department, it is generally pretty easy, it did not last very long at all, she asked me about my resume and what I knew about Fidelity. My third interview with the two hiring managers was another story. One of the hiring managers seemed to be new or training to be a manager (he was the one asking the questions), and there was another hiring manager (a little older, and he was basically studying me the whole time). That individual interview only lasted a few minutes (they only have a maximum of 10 minutes with you anyways). Always being two copies of a resume and stress customer service if you are interviewing for the same position as a financial advisor (customer service).

Interview Questions

• Why Fidelity?   1 Answer
  • What would your friends say are your top 5 attributes   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met two local branch managers at a college career fair, talked with them, and gave them my resume. Three weeks later I was asked to come for an in-person interview at one of the branches. I interviewed directly with the branch manager of that location who asked me questions about why I was interested in financial services, and quite a few questions of the "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset co-worker or customer and how you handled the situation?" variety. We also roleplayed an interaction with an upset customer where I had to demonstrate professionalism and identify and address the core issue the "customer" was having. We also briefly discussed my familiarity with investing and they talked in depth about the certification process.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions about handling conflict Why I was interested in financial services   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Okay Interview. The interviw was an okay interview. The interview process involved several rounds of interview with different department managers. Questions asked were at par with level of position applied for.

Interview Questions

• Questions were at par with what was expected of postion   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2013.

Interview

Another name for this position is "Financial Advisor" I applied online a month prior to getting a call from a recruiter. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview, which took place within a week. The phone interview took about an hour. The questions were mostly behavioral, but she also asked some details about my previous work experience. She gave me an overview of the position, the compensation and benefits and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. She was very friendly and helpful. Before my face to face interview I had to fill out a profile on their website, which included exact dates of my last positions, my prior salaries, and the contact info for my references. This task had a deadline, and the recruiter told me that mine was completed properly. The face to face interview was scheduled about a week later, but had to be rescheduled on their end, so it was 2 weeks later. The entire process took 3 hours, but began with a presentation about the company, about our location, past present and future, and the core values. I was there with a group of about 8 people. Next we had a tour of the facility and some took a short break. Then, the hiring managers came to greet us, and each candidate went with two hiring managers to a small interview room. I think this took about an hour. They had about 20 behavioral questions. Finally there was a very short role play session where I answered the phone and pretend to help someone who is calling with a problem. From the entire process, I learned that they are looking for friendly candidates with enthusiasm, professionalism, communicative, the strong desire to help people and a good knowledge of modern technology (software, web, computers, mobile) and also the ability to self train. They are also looking for people who have experience or would do well working on a team. I also learned that they make an effort to train you well for this job position so I was at ease with not having prior customer service experience. When it was over, I was told I would be contacted within 10 days regardless of the decision. The next day I got a call from the recruiter and was offered the job. On Monday I will have a call with someone who will arrange for me to sign the offer and arrange for a drug test. I won't be able to start the job for another two months. They have set start dates. Overall, I was very impressed by the entire process, and the professionalism of everyone I met at Fidelity. The entire process from application to interview took a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were told to improve on your job performance and what did you do to make the improvements.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a policy and what did you do.   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult software you have used.   1 Answer
    • Describe something that was really hard for you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no discussion about benefits or salary during the face to face interview, but this is discussed with the recruiter, and there is no negotiation. They will offer you a salary based on your prior experience and prior salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward. Had to do an online aptitude test. Everyone was very kind, and HR made it simple. Went on 3 rounds of in person interviews. Seemed like there was a lot of upward mobility and in house learning opportunities. Senior staff seemed very kind and willing to help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (American Fork, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online. got a call from the hr rep in texas. was given a basic description of the job and set up a time for a phone interview. the phone interview was unreal. All behavioral based questions. I would answer them and she said she felt like I wasn't answering her question... ok? she told me to take a day and study behavioral based questions. she called back the next day asking the same questions and me answering the questions what i feel like were very similar to those i gave the day before. she liked them enough to set me up for a face to face interview. The face to face went great. two really great managers interviewed me for a little over an hr. behavioral based questions again. the interview ended with a test which took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions

• What is something we should know about you that we dont know?   Answer Question

better offer elsewhere

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the Branch manager in person. After that an interview with the recruiter and three other managers. Total of five interviews. Great people and all made the interviews very comfortable. The process took about two weeks. I accepted the offer and will start 3 weeks from now depending on how long the background process will take.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is very reasonable compared to other companies.