Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview with HR representative for screening. 2nd phone interview with team members and hiring director. 3rd 1:1 interview with hiring director and VP.

Interview Question – none- more conversational and getting to know one another and how well you would interact with group. It's very easy process if you are an internal candidate   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was a referral. My friend had an internship there the previous summer and put me in touch with the recruiter, who put me in touch with another recruiter in my department. Since they didn't recruit at my school, which is in a city about 3 hours away from the actual job I had a short phone interview. It was nothing special, more of just getting to know me. I then flew to the city to have a 1 on 1 behavioral interview. This is somewhat unorthodox because I know they have recruitment programs with campus tours, etc... The interview was very basic, and almost enjoyable to learn about the job and see the incredible campus. I received an offer and am weighing it against other things.

Interview Question – Nothing. I got asked 3 of the most basic behavioral interview questions (strength, weakness, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was brought in for three rounds of interviews after a phone screening. During each round of interviews , i spoke with two to three different managers or analysts. Most of the questions were based off my work experience and not my GPA or course load. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes long and were not difficult in terms of questioning.

Interview Question – What is your definition of a leader and then a manager?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Screening by HR and online reference check (skills, software capabilities). Invited to One on One interview with hiring manager, which consisted of a general work experience overview and query on technical skills/experience. HR contacted me the next day with the offer. Accepted.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2008.

Interview Details – The company called up for a phone interview after I submit my resume through someone I knew. Networking is really important to be able to get an interview. And then they called in for one to one interview and asked all regular questions. The people seemed very friendly and the office looked really nice.

Interview Question – What are the worst qualities that you have?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer at another company.

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2007.

Interview Details – I was already employed at the firm and was interviewing for an internal psition. The interview was very informal. We grabbed a coffee and "talked shop." Interviewer wanted to know my skill set and what I wanted to get out of this job. Overall the interview was very pleasant and laidback. I recieved an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – How many pingpong balls could fill a 747?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Financial Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was set up for the interview through a mutual friend. I went to the office to meet with the head of the department. The interview was very quick, about 20 mins, and was pretty basic. He asked things like, what type of leadership experience you have; how well do you work in groups etc. I ended up being declined because it was obvious my interest wasn't in the finance industry. He gave me this feedback because of our mutual friend.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.