Fidelity Investments

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Representative Interview

This really depends who the branch manager is. My was definitely challenging because I knew relatively nothing about Investments, I just had an interest. At the end of the day, they want to make sure you're a hard worker, team oriented, friendly, care about helping clients, and learning about the industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

There was an initial phone screening with a recruiter in which they went over my resume and then some situational questions. I passed that and was invited to another interview at the regional center (where you would be working) along with around 10 other candidates. We were all lead into a presentation room where they go over the company, benefits, etc., as well as introduce other people that play integral roles in the facility. They make it clear that this is a PHONE BASED JOB. We got a quick facility tour and then after the presentation we broke off individually to interview with two managers. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions go (situational, much like the phone interview), but it was a really relaxed environment and the two people I interviewed with were really nice.

Some tips (which you will probably see in many of these interview reviews):
    - Be enthusiastic; ask questions
    - Be yourself; be honest
    - KNOW that this will be a phone based job; you have to be okay with that
    - The salary is NON-NEGOTIABLE for entry-level, non-registered representatives (they will train you)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received coaching from a manager; how did you take it?   View Answer

I got a better offer with a different company; different industry as well.
    This company was a VERY strong contender.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two phone interviews. The first is pretty informal, they make sure you are aware that the position is a call center position, and provide you with additional information about the job. There is a few basic questions about your previous experience.

Second phone interview is more formal. Many "Tell me about a situation when you encountered ---, and how did you handle it. " Most of these are teamwork or customer service oriented.

A face to face interview may be given after this second phone interview

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online. I had someone call me for a phone screening with basic questions for about 15 minutes. Scheduled a phone interview a week later that lasted a hour. They were mostly customer service related questions and things from past experiences. Interviewer said she would call back in a few weeks to schedule a onsite tour and interview with managers. A group of 10-12 people toured the facility and took some type of personality test and then met with a manager and a supervisor for individual interviews. Same questions were asked on the phone interview. I thought it was a standard process. Hired next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

First stage is a screen interview to make sure you understand what the job entails and to see if you are a good fit for the position. The 2nd stage is an hour long behavioral phone interview, make sure you practice STAR questions. Finally, if you get passed the 2nd phone interview you will be invited for in person interview where you will be interviewed by 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they have hundreds of applicants. You either accept what they offer or you keep walking.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter to set up initial phone interview. They were very fast to get this set up and move forward in the process. The interview is expected to be about one hour long and is fairly in-depth.

Interview Questions
    • They have a very strong emphasis on behavioral interview questions and are looking for very specific answers. Tell me about a time when... Prepare for the questions because it will be a deal breaker if you do not answer them properly.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

First got a call from a national recruiter who simply went over my resume with me and talked about my experience, asked a few "easy" questions and set expectations about the job. Set up a second call with another HR person (this time local) who asked a lot of situational questions. They're looking for a lot of examples of how you provided excellent customer service. This job after-all is a glorified call center rep! Your dream job...

After that I got called in for an interview. Probably about 8 other applicants. Took us into a room and talked about the company in a power point presentation! (waste of time). They pause during it and ask you dumb questions during the power point such as "What do get from that?" mostly wanting to hear you say some B.S. about how awesome the company sounds.

Then each of us were paired off with 2 managers.(A poor method of interviewing) They again ask situational questions, nothing too difficult. Just have customer service examples. After that, they take you to take a test. (another waste of time.)

After that, they will call you within 3 days telling you if you got the job. If you didn't get the job they will give you some poor excuse as to why. Out of 50 that they interviewed that day, they hired 3...

Make sure that you have a degree that they want. I went in with a business degree but they gave the excuse that I did not have financial experience. This is a disconnect in HR. If HR does not think I will be a good candidate, then they should not have put me through to the interviewing process in the first place.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online I was contacted by local HR to do a screening interview. It consisted of standard questions like "what do you know about financial services?" and "are you currently following the stock market?". Overall, relatively basic info to pass to the next phone interview. This one was more detailed, and they go over your resume fairly thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your customer service went above and beyond the normal level of expectations.   View Answer

They can only tell you that you may work a shift between 7:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday. No guarantee of standard hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Submitted resume online for FR position at multiple branches and received a call from the recruiter within 2 weeks. Basic phone screening regarding background and interest in the position. Passed the screening and the recruiter set me up on a interview with the branch manager for the following day. I interviewed with the branch manager and other FR's, lasted about 2 hours total. Unfortunately I did not get that position, but the branch manager was impressed and recommended for another branch. Met with the Service Manger, lasted about 45minutes, basic questions on background and why I wanted to work in the industry and for fidelity. I received a call a week later to meet with the Branch Manager. The interview was pretty simple, as long has you are passionate about customer service. They really put a huge emphasis on the customer experience and we spend a great deal of time talking about my past as it relates to providing excellent customer service. The branch manager also had me roll play as if I had the position and she was a walk in. Caught me off guard, but I guess I did well!

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 things/characteristics that your past manager(s) would say about you?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Two phone, one in person. The first two calls are to make sure you can speak coherently over the phone, since all client interactions are done over the phone. If you pass, you then have an in person interview on a super day with two managers. Two on one.