Fidelity Investments

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2007.

Phone interview first designed to weed out weakest applicants. Then you'll be called in to a mass interview with all remaining apps. Interview with 2 managers. U should have basic knowledge of financial markets and ur answers should be customer oriented.

Good luck

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2010.

Interview process was very thorough. Phon interview took about an hour. The recruiter was very nice and conversational. I have a lot of respect for Fidelity from the way they thoroughly screen their candidates. After the phone interview is a 3 hour in person interview consisting of a group interview, 1 on 1 interview, presentation, and assessment test.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you see your self at Fidelity?   View Answer

The hours and pay were not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

45 min phone interview, followed by a 3-4hr day at the campus, where you have a group interview/presentation, followed by a 1:1 interview with 2 hiring managers. One clearly is the good cop while the other is the bad cop. They want you to be specific as possible with examples of your past school/ work experience to back up what you say. The questions are all basic and based on your past experience and behavioral based. Once this is complete you go take an IQ exam to make sure you are intelligent enough to pass your Series 7 and 63 the first time and not waste their money since they sponsor you and pay for it all. If you do well on all of it you should get an offer. Just have specifics, and be prepared. Helps if you are already licensed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where a customer was upset with you and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Why Fidelity? Why would you be good at this job?   Answer Question
    • How will your experience from your last job help you transition into this one smoothly? And why do you think you will be sucessful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2010.

had one on one phone interview which lasted about an hour. Afterwards they set up a 3 hour in person interview which includes interview with 2 or 3 managers, an on site tour and an informational video. My in person interview is set up but I have not had it yet.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult situation at your last job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2010.

I met a Fidelity recruiter at a networking event and gave them my resume. I also had a friend that worked at Fidelity which is always a plus. The interview is intense and challenging, especially if you are not familiar with common interview questions. The phone interview asked behavioral questions and know about the products/services that Fidelity provides.

The in-person interview day started with an introduction PPT presentation. You are with the other candidates for the first hour. Everyone was really eager to stand out, so do your best to pipe up and ask some questions, even if it is about general information. Know common terms such as stocks, preferred stock, stock symbol, etc. We then took a tour around the building and met a couple of employees.

Then two hiring managers took candidate by candidate into a separate conference room for an 1 hour + interview. The day you go in for your interview, know the current unemployment rate, what is going on with the Federal Reserve, the current stock indexes quotes such as the Dow Jones and S&P 500. Know exactly why you want to work at Fidelity and not another investment company - very important.

Overall, have great answers to common interview behavioral questions and you'll do great.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Fidelity?   View Answer
    • Studying and passing the Series 7 exam is very difficult. How do you plan to dedicate your time to studying for this exam?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that you have worked in a team and what was your role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what the Series 7 exam is.   Answer Question
    • This role has a very structured schedule and you will be at your desk most of the time. Tell me what the challenges would be for you given that information and have you worked in an environment like this before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2010.

The recruiter called me the next day to schedule for a phone interview. In the phone interview is where we discussed details of my resume and he asked several behavioral questions. I had not been on interview in some time so the questions were somewhat difficult for me. Alot of the questions, once I answered them, the recruiter had a quick come back question that I was not prepared for. Needless to say I was not asked to continue in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you took on a leadership role?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to explain something difficult to a customer? and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2010.

Set up a phone interview for November 9. It was basic behavioral questions asking about specific experiences. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager scheduled an in-person interview for December 1. This interview lasted 3 hours: a presentation about the company, a phone call analysis with the group, then split out into 1:2 interviews. Then after the interviews, they had us take an intelligence-type test that measures the way you think. Received a call the next day in the evening with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you received constructive criticism from your boss   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

Applied online via fidelity's career site. I was contacted with a 'screening call' with a few weeks. From there we scheduled the next phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very helpful and nice. Make sure you have many 'behavioral question' answers prepared for the phone interview that specifically show your experience working in traditional customer service roles, ie interacting and solving a customers problem who is buying a product from you. Fidelity was a little unable to think outside the box when hearing my answers for those questions so make sure your answers are very traditional. After that, because I lived across the country, I had a phone interview with 2 hiring managers, who asked more leadership and knowledge questions. Typically I guess this interview takes place at their facility, as I was invited to Merrimack for a group presentation, time to meet a current employee in that position, 2 on 1 hiring manager interview and finally a aptitude (watson-glazer) test.

Be sure to be professional and ask good questions during the presentation. I read you needed to know economy figures like unemployment and the S&P, but I was not asked anything about those. It was helpful that I was able to explain things like options during the interview at the facility. During the interviews be, of course, personable and professional. Also be sure that you do not talk to much but answer their questions with precise and quick answers (they are looking for good efficient workers for over the phone)

I was called 2 days after interviewing in person with the good news that I would be getting an official offer the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2011.

I was referred by a Senior Vice President in the Merrimack branch and contacted directly from HR. I then had about a half hour phone interview with a couple behavioral type questions as well as personality questions. After the phone interview they tell you whether or not they wanted you to go to their campus for about a 3 hour interview. The big interview consisted of a presentation on the company and specific job you are applying for. They then give you a tour of the building and let you speak with a current financial representative. They let you ask any questions pertaining to any experiences etc. Then you have an interview with 2 managers of financial representatives. They play the good-cop bad cop routine and one is clearly the bad cop. This interview is all behavioral based. Make sure to look online for typical behavioral interview questions. Make sure to stress customer service importance and look at the company from the opposite point of view in a way how you could help the company and not how the company can help you. They want the best people possible and you must research the company as they ask you what you know about the financial markets and about fidelity. Research the series 7 and 63 license requirements. They ask about these as well. Be confident and precise in your answers. Give specific examples to the interview questions. The office space is very spacious. The people seemed nice. Its a very structured work environment but it was a business casual dress code.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your resume   View Answer
    • Tell us of a time where you performed outstanding customer service   Answer Question
    • What do you feel is outstanding customer service and tell of a time you received outstanding customer service.   View Answer
    • How can you be successful in passing the series 7 exam   Answer Question
    • what sets you apart from other candidates?   View Answer
    Fidelity is a corporate company that is very structured. They made it a point to tell me that they tell you when to take breaks, lunches, and the schedule is quite vast. They are open from 5am until 11pm and you could be scheduled at any point in that time period for a variety of shifts. Make yourself available for any shift. Make sure you can commit to the company as they invest their time and money into their employees. If your looking for an in between job or to use this as leverage and to leave in a year it's probably not the best for you. Fidelity hires 99% of jobs from within so there is room for growth.

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

I applied at a job fair, and afterwards I received a phone call requesting an interview over the phone. The first phone call discussed the position and pay, which was $35k plus benefits, and a $2k raise after getting series 7 and 63 licenses. I told him I would "think about it" (I wasn't really interested). I talked with HR again and said yes, and he described what would have to be done to join Fidelity, such as transferring my investments. He explained that shifts could not be moved, and you were stuck with what you were assigned.

The next interview was about a week later and was a personality test. It was supposed to be an hour long, but it lasted 70 minutes. The questions included "What kind of Sales experience do you have? Give an example," "What kind of leadership have you shown? Give an example," and "Talk about a team position and how you contributed." They wanted specific details about each example, but not "too specific." The HR interviewer was not very clear about this, but I can guess they want enough detail to see how you helped, but not too much detail to bog them down (my interviewer wasn't very smart - she didn't know much about finance, amongst other subjects). I also had no sales experience, and I could tell from the beginning she wasn't favorably disposed to me, but I also did ask about transferring into other positions after a while (research). If you want this job, don't ask about transferring. You better really want to be an Investment monkey in a call center.

Interview Questions
    • "What kind of Sales experience do you have? Give an example,"   Answer Question
    • "What kind of leadership have you shown? Give an example,"   Answer Question
    • "Talk about a team position and how you contributed."   Answer Question