Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview with manager and was given an offer a week later.

Interview Question – None, mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one face to face.

Interview Question – Description of a specific time questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was not enough.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone inerviews and one on site.

Interview Question – It was an entry level role, nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy process. Two phone interviews one in November and one in December. Submitted a four page application. Onsite interview with approximately 20 other candidates in January. During the on-site interview there is a powerpoint presentation, tour, two-people interview and exam. I received a call back the next morning and was told an offer would be sent via e-mail. Drug test, fingerprinting/background check and credit check. Date of hire in March.

Interview Question – How have you in the past encouraged a co-worker that was not putting in the effort required to help the team be successful?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiation.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Phone interview.
In person interview(typically with two managers)

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Financial Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview, followed by behavioral test and face-to-face. Basic behavioral questions/scenarios

Interview Question – How do you deal with personal set backs or when you have to re-set goals & expectations   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nn negotiation. They interview 25-30 people for 15 spots.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview; whole process took about a month. It wasn't a difficult process and It seemed easy to get hired as long as you prepare for the interviews and try to think of good examples of customer service you've given that you can talk about.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two initial phone interviews: the second much more detailed than the first. Both are extremely doable if you can use specific examples and stress the importance of customer service and communication ability. Interviewers are extremely friendly and interested in past experiences. Don't be shy, and use concise answers that answer the question without dragging on and on.

Interview Question – Consider a time when a customer was unhappy. Explain how you handled the situation and the result of how you handled it.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The interview process is typical. Starts out with a phone interview and then moves to an in-person interview. Job offers are formally issued in written form. Once hired, the firm has a robust training curriculum to train inexperienced reps how to pass the licensing exams (which are hard but passable due to the effective training program the new-hires go through). Exam fees are employer-paid. You spend the first 2 months in training before interacting with customers. I felt the hiring process was swift and professional.

Interview Question – I do not recall being asked a particularly difficult question. I think that they basically want to meet you in-person and ensure you would be a good fit for the firm. They do not try and grill you to make you stumble. The interviewers want to know if you know how to work, if you would get along with fellow colleagues, and that you are capable of passing the licensing exams where they invest a lot of money in you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Having little experience in finance, the hiring range was not negotiable.

Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter and had a pre-screen phone interview then scheduled and had a phone interview. After phone interview, I had an in-person interview with two managers and took a test.

Interview Question – Question's are all scenario/behavioral based   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments