Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

88 interviews

2.9

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

phone interview helps prepare you for the face to face. very helpful. You'll meet with two managers and they will ask basic scenario questions and about your customer service experience as well as your knowledge of the financial services industry

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time you went above and beyond expectations for a customer   Answer Question
They don't negotiate. they only offer 35k for all starting financial reps (at least that's what they told me)

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2013.

Phone Interview - Approximately 30 minutes

No room for negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

two rounds of interviews with the managers, constant ongoing discussions and contact back and forth. overall the process was standard, yet expedited as they seemed they were looking for someone to fill their position quickly without compromising on quality.

Interview Questions
    • behavioral interview questions, pretty standard. asked about relevant experience.   Answer Question
    A couple of back and forths, HR reps were very warm and understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I was called with information on possible opportunities. An interview was scheduled for the next month. I met with 2 managers at the company and the questions were pretty simple and mostly behavioral questions such as: name a time when...etc. .

The next week after the interview I was contacted and informed I had the job. The start date kept getting pushed back though so from when I was contacted by the recruiter to when I started was probably about 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you received excellent service. I wasn't expecting to provide an irrelevant example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Talked on the phone with a recruiter, who was the nicest woman ever (just like every woman at fidelity), got the in person interview, and got the job

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question
    they had me do a drug test and sent me the offer letter, best phone call of my life when I got the job

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

3 interviews. First is an initial contact phone interview where they describe the position and see if you are interested in the position. Second is a behavioral phone interview where you are given feedback on how to answer questions. Third is an in person interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • How will you respond to a customer you simply cannot make satisfied?   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation as this is a pre-set salary

Financial Representative Interview

Two Phone interviews and then an on-site interview. Was pretty straightforward. Behavioral questions mostly; it was all very scripted and there was little real interaction. After the interviews and presentations, they gave us a test. Mostly inference and logical questions. No idea how I did. Heard back after the interview in two days, so pretty quick overall.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Contact via e-mail. Phone interview even though they were not hiring currently. E-mail a week later to schedule visit.

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Not impressed by the interview process in the least. Branch manager talked down to me because I did not have experience with the company. I was interviewed by two managers who asked very basic questions about why I would be the best choice for this position. The other manager was very kind and tried to be very positive throughout the whole interview to balance out the other manager's attitude.

Anonymous Employee  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I saw them at a career fair and gave them my resume, and I applied online. I got a call from them to talk about the position. They they told me to research the company and we set up another phone interview to go over behavioral HR questions like tell me a time when you...Once I went through that, I was invited to go on site. There was five other candidates and we sat through a presentation, had a tour, interviews with hiring managers and then took an assessment. I asked the hiring managers what the most rewarding thing was about the job and the laughed and couldn't come up with an answer. I also asked what a highlighted feature of their brokerage account was and the response is that they compete in a commoditized market.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you received world class customer service?   Answer Question