Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

2 telephone interviews with HR and recruiter. One on one in person interview with 2 department managers. The 3rd interview begins with an overview of the company, the site and the position you are applying for. After the overview is the actual interview, with 2 hiring managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know the culture of the site and the company. Be prepared. This is an entry level position with many opportunities for growth. You are receiving paid training, and this is a phone job.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with some coaching at the end for in-person interview. In person interview involves a tour before the interview and an a cognitive assessment at the end. Lots of questions over study habits- they want to make sure you are able to pass the licensing exams. Customer service is a focus as well.

Interview Questions

• What was a class that you struggled with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. Some behavioral, some knowledge-based. The phone interview was very quick, they asked standard questions (strengths and weaknesses, etc.. The in-person interview took a few hours. They give a presentation and show you the site, then sit down to interview you. The questions trended towards customer service themes more than finance.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I took part in a Fidelity Networking Event. We sat for a presentation, then met many of the firm's current employees. We had the chance to speak with each of them for a few minutes. Overall, it was an interesting and informative process. It was kind of like speed dating.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a chance for them to meet you and decide whether to proceed with you as an applicant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, who I then had a phone interview with. I then went to a group interview where we took a tour and sat through and informational session. We then split of into individual interviews and then took a critical think test. I was contacted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

First you get a phone call stating basic job description and pay then you get another phone call where they do a screening on you. if you pass that you get a phone interview for about an hour where they ask alot of behavioral based questions. if you pass this then they invite you for a face to face interview. this interview consists of a 30 minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the career opportunities within it, then you get a tour of the facility with 2 of the current financial representatives. they then call your name out and you go with 2 managers where they interview you. the questions asked in this were pretty much exactly the same as the ones asked in phone interview. the key to do well here is answer with detailed specific examples and explain thoroughly without answering around the question. after this interview you have to take a critical thinking test for about 30 mins- an hour (you get as much time as you need). I got a call 3 days later with a job offer. the overall process was great, my recruiter was more my advocate and answered all my questions thoroughly and guided me through the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in March 2014.

Interview

You go through 2 phone interviews with 2 separate recruiters. The first is just a simple phone screening, and the second is more of a behavioral interview. After this, you get moved on to where you go to the office you are applying at and you go through a 4 hour session consisting of a presentations on Fidelity, tour of the facility, a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers, and a critical thinking assessment. Keep in mind this 4 hour interview is a group of 10-15 candidates so do everything you can to stick out, ask questions, and be outgoing!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions. The tougher questions are in the face-to-face interview. Nothing specific was tough just know a lot about the company, how you'll succeed in job, your leadership skills, team working skills, etc. Basic interview knowledge to be prepared with.   Answer Question

I declined because I had an offer from another firm that fit my personal goals and current situation better. Would work for this company any other time. Excellent company, excellent benefits, and excellent opportunity available to anyone that succeeds!

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

asked a bunch of behavioral questions. 2 phone interviews and a final in-person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in March 2014.

Interview

You are greeted by two people in HR that take you on a tour of the campus. Bring your resume because they take two copies to give to the managers that will be interviewing you. You learn about the company and then get taken to another room to do your interview with two managers. After that you are taken to another room to take a critical thinking test. Got a call later that day to inform me how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked if I would recommend he go to Harvard or Yale. He was looking to see how well I could ask questions to identify which one would better fit his situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was happy with the offer.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

they really want to see if you can hold a conversation and if you can pass the series 7 test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation