Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions

2.9

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Found the job on my career center website. Applied on Fidelity website. Was contacted about a month later to see if I was still interested in the job. They talked about what the job entails. They then set you up with a phone interview. I wouldn't stress about this that much. They give you feed back as you go on how to improve your answers. They will automatically send you to the next round. From here you go visit the Fidelity campus. You have an hour presentation, followed by a tour of where you would be working. Then you go off with two hiring managers, and have a 2:1 interview. Mainly behavioral questions. After the interview you go take a logic test. Do well on this since they use this to determine on how successful you will be with the series 7 exam. Its a long process. They get back to you within 4-5 days of a decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you gave exceptional customer service?

What is world class customer service?

How will you be successful with the series 7?

Tell us about your resume
      Answer Question
pay is awful, get your licenses and move out of the position

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

I had one interview with manager and was given an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Talked on the phone with a recruiter, who was the nicest woman ever (just like every woman at fidelity), got the in person interview, and got the job

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question
    they had me do a drug test and sent me the offer letter, best phone call of my life when I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

I had 3 interviews before getting hired. The first was a basic phone interview where they got to know me and why I was interested in the financial industry. The second phone interview was a behavioral based interview and they gave me feedback afterwards and how to provide more specific examples and so on. The third interview at Fidelity's actual building where they showed me around and then I met with 2 managers. The interviews weren't bad at all and the people were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been the recipient of excellent customer service?   Answer Question

I got another job offer from a different company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

I applied through Glassdoor and received a phone interview a few days later. After interviewing on the phone, I was told how to prepare for an in-person behavioral interview a month or two later. Since I was applying for a position across the country, I flew myself out to interview on my own dime. There, I was interviewed by two managers, one of which was my future manager. I took a test after the interview and received a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle living far away from your family and friends? Will this cause personal problems for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Lengthy process. Two phone interviews one in November and one in December. Submitted a four page application. Onsite interview with approximately 20 other candidates in January. During the on-site interview there is a powerpoint presentation, tour, two-people interview and exam. I received a call back the next morning and was told an offer would be sent via e-mail. Drug test, fingerprinting/background check and credit check. Date of hire in March.

Interview Questions
    • How have you in the past encouraged a co-worker that was not putting in the effort required to help the team be successful?   View Answer
    I did not negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

I had two phone inerviews and one on site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2012.

The process for me was similar to most of the other post: 2 telephone interviews. 1 face to face interview. 3 hrs at the Westlake campus. 1hr Pwrpt presentation from a director. 1hr tour of the facility with peer lvl staff members. 40 min interview with 2 department managers (behavioral interview questions) - 1hr Meyers Briggs Exam

Interview Questions
    • Try to research the Meyers Briggs, this should help and prepare for several behavioral interview questions focusing on customer service experiences.
      Make sure you prepare... Good luck!
        View Answers (3)
    No negotiation, salary was set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2012.

Phone interview, in person interview; whole process took about a month. It wasn't a difficult process and It seemed easy to get hired as long as you prepare for the interviews and try to think of good examples of customer service you've given that you can talk about.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2012.

Got a call from recruiter and had a pre-screen phone interview then scheduled and had a phone interview. After phone interview, I had an in-person interview with two managers and took a test.