Fidelity Investments

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.9

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I saw them at a career fair and gave them my resume, and I applied online. I got a call from them to talk about the position. They they told me to research the company and we set up another phone interview to go over behavioral HR questions like tell me a time when you...Once I went through that, I was invited to go on site. There was five other candidates and we sat through a presentation, had a tour, interviews with hiring managers and then took an assessment. I asked the hiring managers what the most rewarding thing was about the job and the laughed and couldn't come up with an answer. I also asked what a highlighted feature of their brokerage account was and the response is that they compete in a commoditized market.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you received world class customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process was like most others have described. First is an over the phone, informal getting to know you and the position "interview". Then is an over the phone interview where they give you tips of your answers. It's mostly behavioral based questions. I was unable to attend the group interview, so I got a one-on-one interview...well, one-on-two. I met with two of the managers and they walked me around the facility. We then did the interview section, very similar to the phone interview but they asked for different answers. I was asked what I knew about the current market/current events affecting the market. Then took the test. I got a call about 3 days later saying I would get an official offer once they knew my start date. About 2 days later I got a call saying they were ready to set up the official offer call, and then I got the official offer call.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They pay a set salary and I was happy with it and the benefits offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

First is phone interview which they recommend that you research behavior based interview questions so your prepared, which I would recommend. I passed the phone section, but did not pass the in- person section. You are interviewed in person by two people. After preparing for the phone interview, you should do the same for the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Handling change in the work place, specifics in assisting someone in a customer service/call center environment   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Not impressed by the interview process in the least. Branch manager talked down to me because I did not have experience with the company. I was interviewed by two managers who asked very basic questions about why I would be the best choice for this position. The other manager was very kind and tried to be very positive throughout the whole interview to balance out the other manager's attitude.

Financial Representative Interview

Had and interview and then it was 3 months before I heard from the company and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you've worked with difficult clients and how did you handle that.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate to match prior experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Found the job on my career center website. Applied on Fidelity website. Was contacted about a month later to see if I was still interested in the job. They talked about what the job entails. They then set you up with a phone interview. I wouldn't stress about this that much. They give you feed back as you go on how to improve your answers. They will automatically send you to the next round. From here you go visit the Fidelity campus. You have an hour presentation, followed by a tour of where you would be working. Then you go off with two hiring managers, and have a 2:1 interview. Mainly behavioral questions. After the interview you go take a logic test. Do well on this since they use this to determine on how successful you will be with the series 7 exam. Its a long process. They get back to you within 4-5 days of a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you gave exceptional customer service?

What is world class customer service?

How will you be successful with the series 7?

Tell us about your resume

Answer Question
    pay is awful, get your licenses and move out of the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

I had one interview with manager and was given an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Talked on the phone with a recruiter, who was the nicest woman ever (just like every woman at fidelity), got the in person interview, and got the job

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question
    they had me do a drug test and sent me the offer letter, best phone call of my life when I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

I had 3 interviews before getting hired. The first was a basic phone interview where they got to know me and why I was interested in the financial industry. The second phone interview was a behavioral based interview and they gave me feedback afterwards and how to provide more specific examples and so on. The third interview at Fidelity's actual building where they showed me around and then I met with 2 managers. The interviews weren't bad at all and the people were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been the recipient of excellent customer service?   Answer Question

I got another job offer from a different company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

I applied through Glassdoor and received a phone interview a few days later. After interviewing on the phone, I was told how to prepare for an in-person behavioral interview a month or two later. Since I was applying for a position across the country, I flew myself out to interview on my own dime. There, I was interviewed by two managers, one of which was my future manager. I took a test after the interview and received a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle living far away from your family and friends? Will this cause personal problems for you?   Answer Question