Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

What are your qualifications?

Connect your close fit between the job’s requirements and your qualifications.

Ask what specific projects or problems you may be expected to deal with and which have the highest priority.

Identify the projects you’ve accomplished in the past that qualify you to work successfully on the projects the interviewer mentioned.

How did you resolve a tense situation with a coworker? Have you ever had to fire someone?

Give a specific example of a difficulty that you’ve dealt with (conflict resolution or discipline), focusing on how you used your analytical skills to effectively solve the problem.

Illustrate how you go about collecting information, stating the steps you took to help the fired person improve and save his or her job before making a termination decision.

Emphasize that you follow company policy and that you’re fair and tactful in dealing with employee problems.

Based on your experience, what problems do team-focused companies face?

Document, with storytelling, that your experience includes being a successful leader or member of teams.

Discuss teams as an overall positive factor in the work world of the 21st century.

Discuss a minor negative aspect of teams and show how that negative aspect can be overcome.

Describe a time that you had to work without direct supervision. Have you ever had to make department decisions when your supervisor was not available?

Discuss your decision-making process. You don’t rattle easily.

Show that you’re self-directed and self-motivated, but still willing to follow others’ directions or to ask for assistance when needed.

Storytell: Discuss a specific example of a time you had to make a decision without supervision. Preferably, discuss a time that you anticipated company needs and finished a project ahead of time or made a beneficial decision.

Have you ever misjudged something? How could you have prevented the mistake?

Briefly discuss a specific — but minor — example.

Briefly discuss what the mistake taught you and how it led you to improve your system for making decisions or solving problems.

After talking about your example and what you learned from it, refocus the discussion on your accomplishments.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2015.

Interview

Long, but a great and fun experience. They were incredibly nice and quick to keep me posted and get back to me whenever I sent out an email. Liked being able to network with such amazing people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in-person group interview and 1-on-1 interview with 2 managers. We met with 3 different employees in group environments and toured the facility as well as watching a video.

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected. Why Fidelity? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told there was no negotiation on salary

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for these positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied thru the fidelity site. The day after I received a call, she was pretty straightforward about the position, the salary, the benefits, etc; she went over everything very thoroughly. I mentioned that I know somebody in the West Coast offices so she asked me to get the name. A day after I called her and gave her the name. During the interview i was asked the typical questions, if I follow the stock, why the company, etc. Now I'm waiting for the second interview, which is going to be a behavioral interview, so i have to do my homework about the company, series 7 and 63.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm waiting for the behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions

• This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Englewood, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Questions

• What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question