Fidelity Investments
3.4 of 5 1,693 reviews
www.fidelity.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

Interview Details – First interview on phone was pretty easy. Then they take a group of 15-20 interviewees together and give them a tour of the office and a presentation on the company, then each candidate is called one by one to have a private interview with two HR employees of the company. After the interview, the candidates are taken to the same room to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Question – I hadn't had much sales or customer service experience, so when they asked about some examples for those I was kinda screwed. Other than those, I probably would've done better and been in the running for a position.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted about having a phone interview, then after that I went on site for a interview. We met in a group for the first hour and they told us about the company and then we split off and were interviewed.

Westlake, TX

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details – First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Question – Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Initial phone interview asks about your background experience etc.

Then face to face interview continues to ask about your background and why you fit this role.

Usually get a call back within a few days asking for a follow up interview, which in most cases means you are being offered the position.

Interview Question – what would you recommend a client who is 65 and needs help servicing their IRA account   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation for this position.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2012.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions....name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? name a time you took control and exemplified leadership? name a time you had a conflict with a co worker and how you resolved it.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, base is stated to be 35k with incentives to pass 7 and 63 stated at $2500.

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Lots of behavior-based questions and you should always be prepared with several specific examples that tie to the basic behaviors/values that are identified in the job posting. Fidelity hires for potential, not necessarily for what you have right now. If you don't have at least a Bachelor's degree, it will be very hard to move anywhere within the company.

Interview Question – nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Give and example of a time when you gave an exceptional customer service experience?
Tell us about a time when you worked in a group/team?
How have you handled a bad customer experience and what was the out come

Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview first. She asked basic questions about my back ground and education. I then had an on site interview with 2 managers - one from the retail side and one from the 401k side (I interviewed for both positions at one time.) They asked me standard interview situational questions ("tell me about a time when...") I received an offer from them about a week later.

Interview Question – I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They did ask me about my study habits and how I knew I would be successful on the Series 7.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and an in person interview.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.