Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.1

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in-person group interview and 1-on-1 interview with 2 managers. We met with 3 different employees in group environments and toured the facility as well as watching a video.

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected. Why Fidelity? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told there was no negotiation on salary

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied thru the fidelity site. The day after I received a call, she was pretty straightforward about the position, the salary, the benefits, etc; she went over everything very thoroughly. I mentioned that I know somebody in the West Coast offices so she asked me to get the name. A day after I called her and gave her the name. During the interview i was asked the typical questions, if I follow the stock, why the company, etc. Now I'm waiting for the second interview, which is going to be a behavioral interview, so i have to do my homework about the company, series 7 and 63.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm waiting for the behavioral interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for these positions.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions

• This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.

Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Englewood, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Questions

• What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview asks about your background experience etc.

Then face to face interview continues to ask about your background and why you fit this role.

Usually get a call back within a few days asking for a follow up interview, which in most cases means you are being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• what would you recommend a client who is 65 and needs help servicing their IRA account   Answer Question