Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview first. She asked basic questions about my back ground and education. I then had an on site interview with 2 managers - one from the retail side and one from the 401k side (I interviewed for both positions at one time.) They asked me standard interview situational questions ("tell me about a time when...") I received an offer from them about a week later.

Interview Question – I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They did ask me about my study habits and how I knew I would be successful on the Series 7.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and an in person interview.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to Fidelity at my universities job fair. A week later I was contacted for my first interview

Interview Question – How do you plan on dealing with your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online via the Fidelity website. The online portion was simple enough. Next, I was given a pre-phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes, followed a week later with the real phone interview that lasted a little under an hour. At the conclusion of the phone interview the interviewer told me I was not going to be called in for an in-person interview with the managers.

Interview Question – When they ask you about why you want to join Fidelity, they just want to hear everything that is on their website. So just go onto their website and start reading.   Answer Question

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter was easy. Just making sure you know what you are getting into. In person interview was at the call center. Started as large group interview where they gave a general overview of the firm. Following was two on one interview with managers. They are going to ask you questions to get to know you and then jump right in to the behavioral and situational questions. All you have to do is focus on doing whatever is best for the client and give answers that highlight your great customer service skills.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to resolve an issue and how you handled it? Just answer in this format: Situation, what you did to resolve it, and outcome. you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $35500 take it or leave it

Financial Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Long and meaningless, they just try to prod the cattles through;

Negotiation Details – none, they said that they didn't negotiate but they did offer more to all the reps hired in later weeks;

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process was a little slow it took 3 rounds of interviews because I was at the time located in another State I did have to visit the location and take an "way you think" assessment before an offer was made, the best thing is to do your homework on the company if not. it will show to the managers but the overall process wasn't bad.

Interview Question – Why Fidelity/Finance? how do you handle constructive criticism? What are your study habits?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they were pretty firm

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening, followed by phone interview followed by in person interview. All questions are straight forward behavioral interview questions. ****Be sure to have TWO good answers for each question. They will ask a couple of the same questions in the phone and in person and expect to hear different responses. Also, be sure to have 4 or 5 good questions to ask them at the end both interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem? (They will ask this twice)   Answer Question
  • What is one question that you were expecting us to ask you, but we did not?
    (Be prepared to give a good response to this. It should be your best response considering you brought it up).
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – One screening phone call, followed by two follow up interviews. One in person interview and a tour of the campus. They get back to you very fast and are professional. The in person interview is with two hiring managers at once each asking you questions. Use the STAR method to answer them. Once you get a job offered you must past a drug test and a background check.

Interview Question – If you could change something about yourself what would it be and why?
Name a time you provided excellent customer service and why?
If a customer named three things for you to do, what would you do first?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – First interview was conducted by phone which lasted between 30-40 minutes. Basic questioning i.e. why would you be a good fit? A few days later was called back to come in for an in-person interview. Went through a formal Q+A session and then was interviewed by two managers at once. Much more of the same questioning as the first time around i.e how can you add value to the team?

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to act as a leader   Answer Question