Fidelity Investments

Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.1

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question
No room for negotiation for this position.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Services Representative Interview

Lots of behavior-based questions and you should always be prepared with several specific examples that tie to the basic behaviors/values that are identified in the job posting. Fidelity hires for potential, not necessarily for what you have right now. If you don't have at least a Bachelor's degree, it will be very hard to move anywhere within the company.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Give and example of a time when you gave an exceptional customer service experience?
    Tell us about a time when you worked in a group/team?
    How have you handled a bad customer experience and what was the out come

Financial Services Representative Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was contacted by a recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview first. She asked basic questions about my back ground and education. I then had an on site interview with 2 managers - one from the retail side and one from the 401k side (I interviewed for both positions at one time.) They asked me standard interview situational questions ("tell me about a time when...") I received an offer from them about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They did ask me about my study habits and how I knew I would be successful on the Series 7.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

Talked to Fidelity at my universities job fair. A week later I was contacted for my first interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Long and meaningless, they just try to prod the cattles through;

none, they said that they didn't negotiate but they did offer more to all the reps hired in later weeks;

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

I applied online via the Fidelity website. The online portion was simple enough. Next, I was given a pre-phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes, followed a week later with the real phone interview that lasted a little under an hour. At the conclusion of the phone interview the interviewer told me I was not going to be called in for an in-person interview with the managers.

Interview Questions
    • When they ask you about why you want to join Fidelity, they just want to hear everything that is on their website. So just go onto their website and start reading.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Phone screening, followed by phone interview followed by in person interview. All questions are straight forward behavioral interview questions. ****Be sure to have TWO good answers for each question. They will ask a couple of the same questions in the phone and in person and expect to hear different responses. Also, be sure to have 4 or 5 good questions to ask them at the end both interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you solved a problem? (They will ask this twice)   Answer Question
    • What is one question that you were expecting us to ask you, but we did not?
      (Be prepared to give a good response to this. It should be your best response considering you brought it up).

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

First interview was conducted by phone which lasted between 30-40 minutes. Basic questioning i.e. why would you be a good fit? A few days later was called back to come in for an in-person interview. Went through a formal Q+A session and then was interviewed by two managers at once. Much more of the same questioning as the first time around i.e how can you add value to the team?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to act as a leader   Answer Question