Fidelity Investments
3.4 of 5 1,564 reviews
www.fidelity.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2014

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process was a little slow it took 3 rounds of interviews because I was at the time located in another State I did have to visit the location and take an "way you think" assessment before an offer was made, the best thing is to do your homework on the company if not. it will show to the managers but the overall process wasn't bad.

Interview Question – Why Fidelity/Finance? how do you handle constructive criticism? What are your study habits?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, they were pretty firm

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening, followed by phone interview followed by in person interview. All questions are straight forward behavioral interview questions. ****Be sure to have TWO good answers for each question. They will ask a couple of the same questions in the phone and in person and expect to hear different responses. Also, be sure to have 4 or 5 good questions to ask them at the end both interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem? (They will ask this twice)   Answer Question
  • What is one question that you were expecting us to ask you, but we did not?
    (Be prepared to give a good response to this. It should be your best response considering you brought it up).
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – One screening phone call, followed by two follow up interviews. One in person interview and a tour of the campus. They get back to you very fast and are professional. The in person interview is with two hiring managers at once each asking you questions. Use the STAR method to answer them. Once you get a job offered you must past a drug test and a background check.

Interview Question – If you could change something about yourself what would it be and why?
Name a time you provided excellent customer service and why?
If a customer named three things for you to do, what would you do first?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – First interview was conducted by phone which lasted between 30-40 minutes. Basic questioning i.e. why would you be a good fit? A few days later was called back to come in for an in-person interview. Went through a formal Q+A session and then was interviewed by two managers at once. Much more of the same questioning as the first time around i.e how can you add value to the team?

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from HR about a week later. After 30 minutes of getting to know me and going through my background/resume we set up an interview for the following week with a recruiter. This consisted of mostly behavioral and situation type questions (tell me about a time when...) From here we set up an onsite interview, in which I was given a tour of the complex and brief presentation/meeting with current Sales Reps. Lastly, was the 2:1 interview in which similar behavioral types of questions were asked. Really probing your customer service experiences.

Interview Question – Name a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call from recruiter saying this is what the job is, this is what licenses we will pay to help you attain, this is a flat pay we give you - regardless of experience. After passing that interview you go onsite with a group of interviewees to take a tour of the site and have a panel interview with 2-3 current managers. The questions are typical of what you consider great customer service, examples you've done. How do you handle customer complaints and resolve them. Selling experience to someone who didn't want a product and how you got them to want it. After panel interview you take a test (which is indicative to how you will perform on the Series 7 and Series 63 exam). Called with an offer of what date to start (not being able to know which shift you will work). Once you go in for your first day of work they let you know which schedule you're working (which is typically a night schedule anywhere around 2-3pm-1-2am).

Interview Question – None, all typical financial questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay. I had experience in the financial industry, even if they pay more, you make the same as everyone that on boards at their flat rate.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2010.

Interview Details – My process was unusual in that it took 5 months from application to my first day. In Nov 2010 I applied online by way of employee referral (my friend who worked there submitted my email address internally and I received a special email message to apply with - as a side note if you are hired these employees usually get a $500 referral bonus). I first had 2 phone interviews with an HR person from the east coast, then approximately a 3-4 hour on-site interview. The first hour or so was a presentation about the company history and what they do, they played a customer phone call so we could hear what we would be doing on a daily basis, and then took everyone to individual 2:1 interviews with 2 managers. The interview process was relatively straight forward with questions about why fidelity, experience working with customers or phone jobs, why finance, etc. After the interview they gave all the candidates a written personality test to complete which took about an hour. After this experience I was called a few weeks later in December with an offer, but because I had a pre-arranged 10 day trip out of town in February they would not allow me to start until March 2011 (the financial license training program is intense and they don't like to give new employees time off in the first few months). The offer was also pending successful completion of a drug test and an extensive background check (previous 10 years employment, full details of compensation in all previous jobs, etc).

Interview Question – Describe in detail a situation when you went above and beyond in helping a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is allowed if you don't already have your financial licenses, they said $35,000 was take it or leave it, most representatives new to the industry will start at this level in SLC.

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on their website and they called me the next day. It was just a 10-15 minute call to make sure that I knew what the position entailed and when I would be able to start if I was hired. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day which lasted about 45 minutes. It was all standard questions relating mostly to past customer service interactions. They called back about a week later to tell me they were interested and offered criticisms/advice about how my interview went which I found helpful. They're basically just looking for concise answers that show your thought process while working with a customer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – First applied to Fideilty after I met them at my University career fair. Set up interview for jan phone interview. Went through 3 phone interviews and then I flew up to Merrimack from Florida to conduct an in person interview. There were about 10 other candidates interviewing with me. Sat through a presentation about the job and benefits. Took a tour of the massive campus that they have. Then 2 managers came in to get each of us. I interviewed with one lady and one gentleman. From the start, I could tell the lady was playing the bad cop role. She asked me many questions and then proceeded to criticize my resume. I replied with a witty comment and it was over from there. I had them hooked. They want to see how you handle criticism and irrate people. After I left the interview, I had to take a skills/critical thinking test that was 70 questions long. Apparently I did pretty well because they called me the next day saying that I have been informally offered the position and that I would get the official offer the next week. I accepted and I start in summer 2012.

Merrimack, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

Interview Details – I caught them in between hiring classes. That is why it took me two months in order for me to accept there offer. The interviews were behavioral interviews and the in person interview was conducted by two managers. The process was long for me, going weeks on a time without hearing from the recruiter. However at every turn they contacted me and always had my trust that they would follow through when they said they would.

Interview Question – When have you received negative feedback and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments