Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in. After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions. Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging. We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation. I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions

• This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for... Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas? How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity? Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Englewood, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Questions

• What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview asks about your background experience etc. Then face to face interview continues to ask about your background and why you fit this role. Usually get a call back within a few days asking for a follow up interview, which in most cases means you are being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• what would you recommend a client who is 65 and needs help servicing their IRA account   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to know about the company. My first interview was over the phone and asked me basic question (tell me about yourself) Then I was invited to go to their Merrimack location. My interview took about an hour which felt forever. There were two interviewee. They must've asked at least 25 questions. There was a self-assessment test at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation for this position.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Lots of behavior-based questions and you should always be prepared with several specific examples that tie to the basic behaviors/values that are identified in the job posting. Fidelity hires for potential, not necessarily for what you have right now. If you don't have at least a Bachelor's degree, it will be very hard to move anywhere within the company.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Give and example of a time when you gave an exceptional customer service experience? Tell us about a time when you worked in a group/team? How have you handled a bad customer experience and what was the out come

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview first. She asked basic questions about my back ground and education. I then had an on site interview with 2 managers - one from the retail side and one from the 401k side (I interviewed for both positions at one time.) They asked me standard interview situational questions ("tell me about a time when...") I received an offer from them about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected. They did ask me about my study habits and how I knew I would be successful on the Series 7.   Answer Question