Fidelity Investments

Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.1

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

One screening phone call, followed by two follow up interviews. One in person interview and a tour of the campus. They get back to you very fast and are professional. The in person interview is with two hiring managers at once each asking you questions. Use the STAR method to answer them. Once you get a job offered you must past a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions
  • If you could change something about yourself what would it be and why?
    Name a time you provided excellent customer service and why?
    If a customer named three things for you to do, what would you do first?

View Answer
No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

the interview process was a little slow it took 3 rounds of interviews because I was at the time located in another State I did have to visit the location and take an "way you think" assessment before an offer was made, the best thing is to do your homework on the company if not. it will show to the managers but the overall process wasn't bad.

Interview Questions
    • Why Fidelity/Finance? how do you handle constructive criticism? What are your study habits?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, they were pretty firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Phone interview with recruiter was easy. Just making sure you know what you are getting into. In person interview was at the call center. Started as large group interview where they gave a general overview of the firm. Following was two on one interview with managers. They are going to ask you questions to get to know you and then jump right in to the behavioral and situational questions. All you have to do is focus on doing whatever is best for the client and give answers that highlight your great customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to resolve an issue and how you handled it? Just answer in this format: Situation, what you did to resolve it, and outcome. you'll do fine.   Answer Question
    $35500 take it or leave it

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2012.

Typical interview questions....name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? name a time you took control and exemplified leadership? name a time you had a conflict with a co worker and how you resolved it.

no negotiation, base is stated to be 35k with incentives to pass 7 and 63 stated at $2500.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

First interview on phone was pretty easy. Then they take a group of 15-20 interviewees together and give them a tour of the office and a presentation on the company, then each candidate is called one by one to have a private interview with two HR employees of the company. After the interview, the candidates are taken to the same room to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • I hadn't had much sales or customer service experience, so when they asked about some examples for those I was kinda screwed. Other than those, I probably would've done better and been in the running for a position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2012.

Applied online and received a call from HR about a week later. After 30 minutes of getting to know me and going through my background/resume we set up an interview for the following week with a recruiter. This consisted of mostly behavioral and situation type questions (tell me about a time when...) From here we set up an onsite interview, in which I was given a tour of the complex and brief presentation/meeting with current Sales Reps. Lastly, was the 2:1 interview in which similar behavioral types of questions were asked. Really probing your customer service experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

First applied to Fideilty after I met them at my University career fair. Set up interview for jan phone interview. Went through 3 phone interviews and then I flew up to Merrimack from Florida to conduct an in person interview. There were about 10 other candidates interviewing with me. Sat through a presentation about the job and benefits. Took a tour of the massive campus that they have. Then 2 managers came in to get each of us. I interviewed with one lady and one gentleman. From the start, I could tell the lady was playing the bad cop role. She asked me many questions and then proceeded to criticize my resume. I replied with a witty comment and it was over from there. I had them hooked. They want to see how you handle criticism and irrate people. After I left the interview, I had to take a skills/critical thinking test that was 70 questions long. Apparently I did pretty well because they called me the next day saying that I have been informally offered the position and that I would get the official offer the next week. I accepted and I start in summer 2012.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a peer that was not pulling their own weight?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you shows leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

I applied on their website and they called me the next day. It was just a 10-15 minute call to make sure that I knew what the position entailed and when I would be able to start if I was hired. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day which lasted about 45 minutes. It was all standard questions relating mostly to past customer service interactions. They called back about a week later to tell me they were interested and offered criticisms/advice about how my interview went which I found helpful. They're basically just looking for concise answers that show your thought process while working with a customer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

I caught them in between hiring classes. That is why it took me two months in order for me to accept there offer. The interviews were behavioral interviews and the in person interview was conducted by two managers. The process was long for me, going weeks on a time without hearing from the recruiter. However at every turn they contacted me and always had my trust that they would follow through when they said they would.

Interview Questions
    • When have you received negative feedback and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

First off, knowing someone who works at Fidelity is almost a must. That is the reason that I got an interview, at least that's what I think. I attended an information session, hosted by Fidelity, at the University which also was supposed to give my application priority in the screening process. 1 week or so after attending the information session and submitting my application I got an email from staffing wanting to schedule a phone interview. This phone interview was done in 2 sessions. The first session went over the details about the job and compensation. I then scheduled another phone interview for a couple days later. During the 2nd interview I was asked questions like, "Tell me about a time when...." and "What does excellent customer service mean to you?" After this interview I then scheduled to go in for a face to face interview that same week. This interview starts off in a group setting. There were around 8 of us interviewing. They ask you to wear a suit. The first hour you watch a video with someone in upper management and go over some slides about the company lifestyle. You also listen to a phone call to see what it is like to be on the phones. A rep then comes in and answers questions about the job. Managers then came in groups of 2 for the interview. This interview took about an 40 minutes or so. The same type of questions were asked that were in the 2nd phone interview. I was then taken on a short tour of the different departments. The final hour was used to take an intelligence test. The questions consisted of deductive reasoning and logic testing. Not too difficult.

I was then called 2 days later from staffing informing me that they were going to extend me an offer for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question