Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I was called by a Fidelity recruiting staff member a few weeks after sending in my resume and was asked if I was still interested in the job along with salary requirements. He also gave me basic information about the job and said I would be sent an email for an interview soon. The interview itself was not bad at all. 2 interviews. About 30 minutes each. One with a manager in the department and then the manager of the fund accounting department. Was asked to talk about team projects in school and work. Also was asked about my past employment and the details of my previous experiences in work related projects and about work in general. Overall the interview process was one of the easier interviews I've experienced.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project in school that required teamwork and analytical thinking.   View Answer

Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to the job online, was emailed an invitation to have a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a face to face with three managers of 30 minutes each. Overall the interviews were pretty laid back, the managers were easy to talk to, not intimidating and didnt ask any off the wall questions. Most questions were job related, however, one of the manager's interviews were mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary was set, and stated before the phone interview took place. As for the face to face interviews, its all just a matter of preparation and showing a real desire for the job itself and knowledge about the company, you should definately know the values of Fidelity. Be sure and have detailed explanations of time management, organization skills and team work.

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview Details – i attended the career fair and talked to some people who work in fidelity. and i received an email that informed me that i got a telephone interview. the interviewer is a lady. she asked me to introduced myself first . after that, the first question is i am looking for an internship or full time job. after i told her the position, fund accounting analyst, that i applied, she said she is taking charge for recruiting interns so she doesn't want to waste my time. i told her that i also interested in internship but i cannot find any information about internship on their website. then she said because the project of recruiting interns is still not mature, they haven't post it yet.

Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2011.

Interview Details – First, I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and it was with an HR representative. I assumed the phone interview would be mostly her telling me about the position and seeing if I was a fit, but she asked me what I thought the job was and what I thought I would be doing. She wanted to make sure I knew the position, especially because I was referred by an employee. After the phone interview, I was emailed a date/time to meet at their office to interview with three managers, each 30 minutes. These were relatively laid back and I was not asked any off the wall/crazy questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The first question I was asked during the phone interview was if I was ok with the salary and when I asked if it was negotiatible, she said no.

West Valley City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got a email from HR requesting a phone interview. Talked with the HR representative for about 30 minutes. She then emailed me back to come interview with the managers. I interviewed with 3 managers 30 min each. It wasn't too bad. All managers were friendly and not so intimidating. Talked a little about my self and they asked me questions like why they should hire me. A few technical questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Most of the interview they were talking about the job itself.

Interview Question – Tell me why you should be hired?   View Answer

Fund Accounting Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2011.

Interview Details – The have a very organized process. A phone interview first and then 1:1 interview with three different managers in the workplace. You should genuinely have an interest in Fidelity and know the position for which you are applying. Know their values and ask questions.

The hiring process is mainly electronic except for fingerprints and drug screen, so it's very convenient if you're making a transition.

Interview Question – How do you calculate NAV   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was stated before continuing through with the phone interview.

Fund Accounting Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

Interview Details – Internal job posting for position with company but different business unit in diff. part of country.

Interview Question – Ok with pay cut?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay cut by $12k

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Fund Accounting Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.