Fidelity Investments IT Project Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Applied for a SDLC IT PM position. Job description stated they needed someone who had moved up from the software development ranks, had both Agile and Waterfall experience, experience managing remote and offshore teams, and Project Management experience over multi-million dollary projects with greater than 50 resources. During the actual in person interview, both of the development managers got into an argument in front of me over what my role/responsibilities would really be. One thought I would be a combination PM/software architect, the other thought I would be her BA/PM. Then the hiring manager, who was also the VP that both development manager reported to, interviewed me. He was seeking someone with a network engineering background to manage his network engineering team, and he had no intention of letting this person support his two Development managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your network engineering experience, and how many years you worked as a network engineering before moving into full time Project Management?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2008.

3 or 4 people interview for over 3 hours. Mostly questions about management situtations and how to approach them. Some technical questions to get some sense of your technical background. Looking for initiative, problem solving, communication and independant thinking.

Interview Questions
    • Situational question on project situation and how to handle them   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2009.

The hiring process can be long since it is a large corporation. Once the ball gets rolling it seems to move along rather fast.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you worked on that did not have the expected outcome.   Answer Question

Not interested in the role that was being changed.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!