Fidelity Investments Institutional Services

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services (Covington, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied sometime in Nov. on the website. I then went through the two phone interiews (the first gave a background of the position and the second was the same but inquired about your skills and knowledge). I then attended the in person interview this month with two managers.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone for 45 minutes and then was told that I have no good customer service skills

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services (Cumberland, RI) in November 2010.

Interview

I joined as contract position so I had 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• How to tune the Oracle SQL statement?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience working in team?   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I recieved an offer to be a candidate for a Finance internship at Fidelity. The interview was from 9 am until 1 pm. It consisted of a welcome breakfast, 4 one-on-one interviews with employees, and a lunch to meet with employees relatively new in the field. Interviews were relatively casual.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I worked with an external recruiter to get this interview. I was interviewed by 3 of this IT team's members, including the manager that the position would report to and two developers. I was asked quite a few questions about my IT work experience as well as my technical aptitude for the softwares that are used by FIS. These questions were all fair and challenging. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I felt pretty good about how I performed once it was over. I found out from the recruiter about 3 days later that they really liked me and thought I was a good communicator but that they didn't think my experience met their requirement for a lead developer (i.e. someone who can lead other developers on the team). I took objection to this because my experience as a lead developer wasn't even addressed in their questions to me. I also did not see the emphasis on "Lead developer" in the job description that the external recruiter provided me. Thus, I never had the chance to answer how my experience applied to a lead development role.
      It's probably for the best, as the company is undergoing a merger and layoffs and this department is the only department that's generating positive revenue for the company at this time.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions about a specific software being used by this team.   1 Answer