Fidelity Investments Institutional Services

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Representative Interview

Covington, KY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied sometime in Nov. on the website. I then went through the two phone interiews (the first gave a background of the position and the second was the same but inquired about your skills and knowledge). I then attended the in person interview this month with two managers.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone for 45 minutes and then was told that I have no good customer service skills

Interview Question – what would you do if a customer yelled at you   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Cumberland, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – I joined as contract position so I had 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

Finance Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – I recieved an offer to be a candidate for a Finance internship at Fidelity. The interview was from 9 am until 1 pm. It consisted of a welcome breakfast, 4 one-on-one interviews with employees, and a lunch to meet with employees relatively new in the field. Interviews were relatively casual.

Interview Question – Tell me about _________ (something from resume).   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services in March 2010.

Interview Details – I worked with an external recruiter to get this interview. I was interviewed by 3 of this IT team's members, including the manager that the position would report to and two developers. I was asked quite a few questions about my IT work experience as well as my technical aptitude for the softwares that are used by FIS. These questions were all fair and challenging. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I felt pretty good about how I performed once it was over. I found out from the recruiter about 3 days later that they really liked me and thought I was a good communicator but that they didn't think my experience met their requirement for a lead developer (i.e. someone who can lead other developers on the team). I took objection to this because my experience as a lead developer wasn't even addressed in their questions to me. I also did not see the emphasis on "Lead developer" in the job description that the external recruiter provided me. Thus, I never had the chance to answer how my experience applied to a lead development role.
  It's probably for the best, as the company is undergoing a merger and layoffs and this department is the only department that's generating positive revenue for the company at this time.

Interview Question – Lots of technical questions about a specific software being used by this team.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fidelity Investments Institutional Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Institutional Services interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments Institutional Services employees and interview candidates.