Fidelity Investments Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Met at Career fair and talked with recruiters and was then invited to an on campus interview which then led to an on site interview. They were incredibly thoughtful and reimbursed me for gas and paid for the hotel room and a $50 card to use at the hotel for dinner.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were typical behavioral question with one pertaining to my course load that could be relevant for the department.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The phone interview took 30 minutes, and the questions were very generic/predictable questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview by the recruiter just gave them an idea of your personality and which types of internships they could refer you to (based on your experiences, etc). Following this interview, I was reached out to by a certain 'department' for another phone interview with not the recruiter, but the main people who 'worked' for that department. The phone interview was also 30-40 minutes and they mainly explained to me what the responsibilities of the internship were. I had to try to understand a lot of unknown terms to be prepared to ask questions about the responsibilities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

met gentleman at a coffee shop and talked for a while, gave him my resume and got called for an interview a few weeks later. interview happened about two weeks after that. interview questions were not extremely hard, mostly behavioral. i felt i did well but I did not receive an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Initial interview was on campus. Final round interview was in office. Final round was a series of interviews with associates and portfolio managers. Each interviewer had a different style of interviewing, but it was a mixture of fit and ethnical questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

Relatively simple first interview, very relaxed. Asked typical questions, like why do you want to work for our company? Where specifically would you like to work? What are your career goals? How do you think this internship would help you reach those goals? The woman I spoke to was very cordial and seemed to really want to help me see where I might fit in rather than grill me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Very general at first. It involved me talking about what I've been studying in school and how that knowledge helps me in areas relateable and non relateable to the internship. Then the interview gets technical to the point to where, if you paid attention in your programming and other related classes, and you understood the conceptual things, then you would be fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to make working as an intern?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview

Straight forward behavioral interview. Discussed financial knowledge and job description and my past experience and how it related. The interview was rather quick and was not technical whatsoever. I believed the interview was to get a sense of my financial background and past internship experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring was competitive but interview was more of a conversation. Not too difficult. A lot of people apply and you have to emphasize your skills and explicitly state why you would be good at Fidelity. The interview and hiring process was very quick overall, I interviewed and got a call the next day. Then they did a background check and a urine drug test and I signed my contract within two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO).

Interview

This was a very simple and well laid out process. They ask you very generic questions and base your answers not towards whether you would be a good investor but rather if you fir into Fidelity's culture.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Passed phone interview and had a face to face interview. The interview was a panel of two employees and asked mostly personality and work practice questions.

Interview Questions

• When have I made someone do something they didn't want to do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an internship and the compensation was better than usual.