Fidelity Investments Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
11 interviews

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Straight forward behavioral interview. Discussed financial knowledge and job description and my past experience and how it related. The interview was rather quick and was not technical whatsoever. I believed the interview was to get a sense of my financial background and past internship experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Initial interview was on campus. Final round interview was in office. Final round was a series of interviews with associates and portfolio managers. Each interviewer had a different style of interviewing, but it was a mixture of fit and ethnical questions.

Intern Interview

Relatively simple first interview, very relaxed. Asked typical questions, like why do you want to work for our company? Where specifically would you like to work? What are your career goals? How do you think this internship would help you reach those goals?
    The woman I spoke to was very cordial and seemed to really want to help me see where I might fit in rather than grill me.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Very general at first. It involved me talking about what I've been studying in school and how that knowledge helps me in areas relateable and non relateable to the internship. Then the interview gets technical to the point to where, if you paid attention in your programming and other related classes, and you understood the conceptual things, then you would be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to make working as an intern?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

This was a very simple and well laid out process. They ask you very generic questions and base your answers not towards whether you would be a good investor but rather if you fir into Fidelity's culture.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Passed phone interview and had a face to face interview. The interview was a panel of two employees and asked mostly personality and work practice questions.

Interview Questions
    • When have I made someone do something they didn't want to do.   View Answer
    It was an internship and the compensation was better than usual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

I was called on a Saturday morning by one of the hiring managers stating she had obtained my resume from my college's career site and that she was interested in bringing me in for an interview. She told me the days and times they had available and I selected my best fit. The day of my interview I went to the office where they had a brunch set up for all of the candidates in that section. Then two employees from the company came and spoke to us "informally and off the record" about any questions we may have. The rest of the day consisted of 3 one on one interviews with 3 different people. One was from college relations/HR and two were managers in the finance departments. Overall it was mostly a behavioral interview and we went through my resume each time. There were no skills based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What are the three most important components of teamwork and provide an example of a time you've demonstrated each of them   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2007.

They hired me on the spot due to my knowledge of the company. I was lucky because at the time they were desperate, but Fidelity prides on people who know their business model and their culture. Therefore, don't expect to make a splash in your interview unless you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    Intern pay was non-negotiable. Based on what year in school you are.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

got a call from project manager and talk for a few minutes.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Resume submission, then phone interview, then in-person interview. Found out hours later I had the position.
    Your personality and ability to engage others while seeming professional and friendly are key. Also, knowledge about Fidelity as a company and also some finance/market related info definitely helps. Be relatable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating possible, other than starting date.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!