Fidelity Investments

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The phone interview took 30 minutes, and the questions were very generic/predictable questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview by the recruiter just gave them an idea of your personality and which types of internships they could refer you to (based on your experiences, etc). Following this interview, I was reached out to by a certain 'department' for another phone interview with not the recruiter, but the main people who 'worked' for that department. The phone interview was also 30-40 minutes and they mainly explained to me what the responsibilities of the internship were. I had to try to understand a lot of unknown terms to be prepared to ask questions about the responsibilities.

Financial Representative Interview

Called after a couple weeks to explain the position and get a feel for who you are. Second interview was behavioral questions. Took three months after the second to have final interview. Two managers interview you. Interview process can feel like you are being patronized.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult just need to be clear and concise.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

It took them a long time to respond after I originally applied, but you do eventually hear from them. First you have a phone interview, then they bring you in for a manager interview. Two managers will be in there, and it seems like they play a good cop bad cop, I think that is to see how you respond to a potentially negative customer on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • As far as interview questions are concerned, they had standard interview questions like "time you faced a difficult situation at a job" "proudest moment" etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

met gentleman at a coffee shop and talked for a while, gave him my resume and got called for an interview a few weeks later. interview happened about two weeks after that. interview questions were not extremely hard, mostly behavioral. i felt i did well but I did not receive an offer.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process was pretty straight forward and consisted of two interviews, each a panel interview with 3 QA Managers. The questions that were asked the most were the normal interview questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question involved stating a query to return results impromptu.   Answer Question

IT Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Hiring might be for one site then that site moves to another. I worked in three NE locations. My seat was then relocated to North Carolina. Told I could go to RI and ended up in NH while working in MA

Usually pretty smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone screen a few days later. Educated me about the company and what the position is all about. Be ready to be on the phone 90-100 percent of the time during your employment..... I was not up to this type of work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?

Give me an example when you went above and beyond in customer service.

Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through the internal job search engine as I am a current employee. First recieved a call for screening my resume which is a pre HR screening but as I was also recommended I skipped the actual HR interview and was given the direct phone interview with on of the key team member.

Took about 2 weeks to bring me in for a face-to-face interview with 4 interviewers. The interview went excellent! I was extended the offer next morning.

I negotiated and was offered a substential pay bump as this was a team lead role also they were aware I have other offer of the table.

Interview Questions
    • Design a entire library system for a university and how will you go about analysing it.   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I asked a pay raise based on my skill set. They immediately came back with a much better offer.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The people seemed to really enjoy working for the company. They were very knowledgable on the training process as well as the advancement and promotion process. they made me excited about the company and made their training program seem awesome

Interview Questions
    • Slight Role play scenario, asking what I would do in situation with disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    They did not seem to be open to negotiations

Information Security Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2015.

I applied for the position in September and got a request for an interview in December, so that process took awhile, but once I scheduled the phone interview -- things moved much more quickly. At first, I spoke with a staffing consultant (Tiffany) and all we talked about was what I needed from the internship and what I would like to do. She told me that it may take a couple weeks to find a hiring manager who thinks they can fit my needs, but I ended up being chosen by the Information Security team to be interviewed within an hour. I scheduled a second interview with the IS guy that Monday, nailed it, and was offered the job 10 minutes about the second interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, but I guess the hardest would've been what I wanted to get out of the internship. Not because it was a hard question, but because there were dozens of things I wanted out of it.   Answer Question