Fidelity Investments

Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Prompt response to my application, which was nice. Initial interview was over the phone for 45 minutes. Nicely done with relevant questions about my current and past work, what I like about the Fidelity position and company; only a few challenging questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer was clear that the position was entry level and had expectations of completing Series 7 and 66 exams. She said the salary would be $35K with possible bonuses, and this was non-negotiable. She said she wanted to offer me another interview - this one to be on-site with the organization. She prepared me with their possible questions and offered helpful feedback for how to answer thos questions. Due to this, I felt at ease going into the second interview. The second interview: I was in a group of 8 who were ushered into a conference room and introduced to the company by two men who shared their positions and career paths to date. We watched a power point presentation about Fidelity and then were taken as individuals to be interviewed. I was interviewed by two other men who put me at ease and tag-teamed their questions. That part lasted about 35 minutes. They wanted to know what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for Fidelity. They also asked if I knew about the Series 7 and 66 exams. They answered my questions and led me to think the interview went well and their next step was to meet with the other interviewers and "fight for me" as a new hire. I havent heard yet whether I will be extended an offer. They said it would be up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you open to receiving feedback about your work and making immediate adjustments?   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

This really depends who the branch manager is. My was definitely challenging because I knew relatively nothing about Investments, I just had an interest. At the end of the day, they want to make sure you're a hard worker, team oriented, friendly, care about helping clients, and learning about the industry.

LEAP Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Pretty easy and simple process overall. I was contacted on a Wednesday from a recruiter I had met at a career fair, had three onsite interviews that Friday, and had an offer in hand the next week. Great office, friendly people, pretty normal interview process.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, they gave a really fair offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Gave my resume to a representative at a career fair. Was contacted several weeks later for a phone interview. Very friendly. Simple screening process. No technical questions. No positions were available in my location. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just simple questions about relevant projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

LEAP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

There were two rounds and I was not asked a question that was too technical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spoke with each member of the team and they all asked similar questions.

No Negotiation

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was brought in for an in-person interview after one phone screen, and it went well - they were going to offer me the job, but the in-house people, Veritude, interfered, and said that some manager had said something negative about me, so I wasn't hired. Fidelity is political, and I mean national politics also - and I was told if you are Jewish on your profile they don't like it. Ned Johnson sets the tone for the company...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was a road block in your testing process and it was going to put you behind schedule?   View Answer
    • Asked what types of tests I would automate and which ones I would not automate.   View Answer

Because of the way Veritude was treating me.

Customer Service Representative/Brokerage Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Situation based questions - How did you face an upset customer.
    If a transition is happening, how will you manage the change.
    Are you a team player.
    What are your achievements.
    Has there been any conflict with co workers and how did you handle.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you bring from previous job that maybe useful in current position   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

No negotiation