Fidelity Investments

583 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I submitted three different applications and had one phone interview. Interviewer liked me and promised to call if moving forward or not. I am still waiting for a call to say sorry but we have decided to move on. Applying online is useless. I am turned off from Fidelity.

Interview Question – The questions seemed basic and no level of difficulty. Perhaps it was a ploy to appear professional.   Answer Question

Defined Contribution Representative Interview

Defined Contribution Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via phone to complete a phone interview, which went pretty well. The recruiter I worked with felt that I had potential and gave me immediate feedback at the end of my phone interview before extending an offer for a face to face interview. Once I completed my face to face interview I was thanked for my time and contacted maybe a week or two later with an emailed offer letter. In the offer letter I also had to schedule a drug test and submit information for a background check and the offer was contingent upon successful completion of both.

Interview Question – I had the advantage of knowing someone who had just undergone the same interview process with Fidelity who helped me prepare, so nothing unexpected occurred for me personally. They asked the basic behavioral-based questions. "Tell me about a time when..." "How did you handle a situation when..."   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online for FR position at multiple branches and received a call from the recruiter within 2 weeks. Basic phone screening regarding background and interest in the position. Passed the screening and the recruiter set me up on a interview with the branch manager for the following day. I interviewed with the branch manager and other FR's, lasted about 2 hours total. Unfortunately I did not get that position, but the branch manager was impressed and recommended for another branch. Met with the Service Manger, lasted about 45minutes, basic questions on background and why I wanted to work in the industry and for fidelity. I received a call a week later to meet with the Branch Manager. The interview was pretty simple, as long has you are passionate about customer service. They really put a huge emphasis on the customer experience and we spend a great deal of time talking about my past as it relates to providing excellent customer service. The branch manager also had me roll play as if I had the position and she was a walk in. Caught me off guard, but I guess I did well!

Interview Question – What are the top 5 things/characteristics that your past manager(s) would say about you?   Answer Question

SYSTEMS SERVICES and SUPPORT ANALYST Interview

SYSTEMS SERVICES and SUPPORT ANALYST

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewer was ok. Said there would be a next step either second phone interview or f2f. A few weeks went by and nothing. Finally called recruiter and was told job was offered to former employee.

Interview Question – General questions   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very standard. Interview basically asked questions regarding your resume. He went through the list one by one. Was not very difficult. The only difficult part was when he gives you a scenario and asks you what you would do in in that case.

Interview Question – What are your ways for reaching new clients?   Answer Question

Visual Design Developer Interview

Visual Design Developer
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details – A friend and current employee of Fidelity notified me of an open design position, so I jumped on it right away and sent her my resume and portfolio samples. Soon after, I got a call from someone in HR to set up an interview - he was very nice to work with through the process; very helpful and understanding, and answered all my questions and concerns along the way.

Coming from a creative background, Fidelity initially seemed like an unlikely place for me to work. But my friend who is also a designer at Fidelity said she would not have recommended the position if she didn't feel like it was a good fit. And she was right!

I met with 2 people in my first interview: my soon-to-be-manager, and another person who is a creative director of a different department. My manager and I hit it off pretty quickly, and I was pleasantly surprised that she was very focused on who I was as a person, as well as my professional background. I had prepared myself for a stiff interview environment, but that was not the case at all.

Interview Question – The hardest question I was asked was to choose 1 project to talk about in the interview. Having a portfolio that reflected 16 years of work, that was a challenging request to narrow this down.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was initially offered a slightly lower salary than I was hoping, so I communicated that, and they proposed a counter-offer which I was pleased with. The process was smooth and painless.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Question – What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Question – This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.
  Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Two phone, one in person. The first two calls are to make sure you can speak coherently over the phone, since all client interactions are done over the phone. If you pass, you then have an in person interview on a super day with two managers. Two on one.

Interview Question – Tell us about your worst boss.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Applied for the job from the Fidelity career's website. HR reached out to me in few days and had discussion regarding my resume for 30 minutes. Forwarded my resume to Hiring manager and I had 4 more rounds of interview after that. Entire process completed within a month.

Interview Question – Questions were related to Spring, hibernate, threading, database etc.
   - how does spring mvc work
   - spring security, aop (cglib vs dynamic proxy), transactions, different jdbc templates, template pattern, singleton bean vs singleton pattern, bean life cycle.
   - types of hibernate inheritance, joins

2 online/live coding and designing questions.

Questions were quite simple and easy for me.
  Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!