Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Know about the job and know what you're talking about give details..... lots of behavior work problem solving questions.... one phone one in person then a final one with managers....

Interview Questions

• Give me an example how.you handles an upset member..... what were you're steps in solving this etc...... how have you handles bad feedback from your boss... what did you do to improve..... what were your stats as far as.performance at your last job....... how well can you analyze..... what's the differmece between good.customer service and great.....   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

First they had a fit style call, then I was called in for an on campus interview. The on campus interview had 2 parts with 2 people. 1 fit, 1 analytial. The fit one was quite baisic however they seemed to be a bit too focused on my study abroad experiene which seems fairly irrelevent in my opinion

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter via email. The email had a sense of urgency that I needed to respond immediately and provide a time that I can be available to speak because they are hiring aggressively for position. I responded and we scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The recruiter called 10 minutes late and didn't have the decency to apologize as if I should feel privileged they are talking to me. So anyway, I thought our conversation went well. Good enough where the recruiter indicated that I am in for a follow up phone interview with a hiring manager from the branch. We scheduled it and we got off the phone. Later that evening, I sent a thank you email. About an hour later, I got a response stating that the phone interview was being cancelled because they are pursuing other candidates. I did the admirable thing and sent another thank you email. I asked if I can apply for other locations, but was told that every location is filled. This was not a pleasant experience. I normally don't post things like this on-line but I felt the need to. I just wish they would be more respectful of our time and more importantly, be a little bit more sensitive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First, Phone interview. 2nd, interview with multiple managers, including hiring manager. I would say the only frustrating things about the process was it felt very inefficient. I felt things could have been done in a panel setting rather than multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to deal with a difficult client - what happened and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied on the fidelity website and heard back within hours. They set up an initial call to tell me more about the position and make sure I was still interested. Then I had my first interview over the phone. It took about 40 minutes and the lady was very nice. She asked very basic behavioral interview questions. At the end of the call she asked me to set up an in person interview. It was set up for 2 weeks out. It consisted of a tour of the fidelity office and a meeting with two managers along with a presentation to learn more about fidelity. The last step was taking a simple critical thinking test. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received criticism from a manager and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for fidelity   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

They will first call and setup a phone interview. After the phone interview they will bring you on sight for the one on one. Two managers will interview you. They will do a brief history of the company and describe the product. After that you will have general background check and drug screen. It is a fast turn around.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I applied to Fidelity with a referral, so I got an interview with the hiring managers in a week. I got an email from an employee there who said she would bring me around for a tour before I would have the interview. When someone did come to get me from the waiting room, it wasn’t the woman who said she would meet with me. That was fine; it just seemed weird that she said she would be the one and then sent someone else to give the tour. I thought the interview went well. There were two people asking me questions from my resume and about the aspects of the job. It seemed great. They positively commented on my responses and seemed engaged in everything I had to say. I thought, with my experience and the mood of the interview, I had a good chance. When they brought walked me out, they said I’d hear from someone in HR the next week since these were the final interviews and they were making their decisions promptly. Next week, I didn’t hear anything. I’d sent e-mails to the people who interviewed me, but I didn’t get any response from them. The interview was four weeks before the hiring class started for the position. I didn’t get any calls, emails, carrier pigeons. Nothing. It was like I hadn’t even applied. A week after the hiring class started, I contacted the person from HR that emailed me about getting the interview. No response from that individual. I tried again the next week. I finally got a response – the first one in six weeks – and it was extremely curt and insensitive. Just that they made their decision and I could apply next time. I was told that if I didn’t get the job, I’d get an email explaining their decision and what I can do next time. Just things to help me for other interviews. I didn’t get anything of the sort. So I stressed for six weeks, thinking maybe I’d hear something, just to be told that I wasn’t good enough with no further explanation. I know Fidelity is a great company to work for. But their process of hiring and responses leave much to be desired. I don’t think I’ll apply for a while, and if I do, I’ll do it with a grain of salt. Just be wary that Fidelity takes a while to get back to you when it comes to hiring, and I wish they’d work on this so the people they don’t immediately accept become dejected.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your experience has prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I have moved through two phone interview. The first one was with human resource, which was quite easy without behavior questions and she asked about the VBA and SQL skill level. The second one was with the department manager, which included some technical questions but was around the project experience.

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First an on campus interview, then a longer interview day at the HQ in Boston. Everything was just fit questions nothing technical at all. In Boston met with multiple people in a "speed dating" style of interviewing with other candidates. Met with 3 people at once for one of the rounds

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

What are your qualifications? Connect your close fit between the job’s requirements and your qualifications. Ask what specific projects or problems you may be expected to deal with and which have the highest priority. Identify the projects you’ve accomplished in the past that qualify you to work successfully on the projects the interviewer mentioned. How did you resolve a tense situation with a coworker? Have you ever had to fire someone? Give a specific example of a difficulty that you’ve dealt with (conflict resolution or discipline), focusing on how you used your analytical skills to effectively solve the problem. Illustrate how you go about collecting information, stating the steps you took to help the fired person improve and save his or her job before making a termination decision. Emphasize that you follow company policy and that you’re fair and tactful in dealing with employee problems. Based on your experience, what problems do team-focused companies face? Document, with storytelling, that your experience includes being a successful leader or member of teams. Discuss teams as an overall positive factor in the work world of the 21st century. Discuss a minor negative aspect of teams and show how that negative aspect can be overcome. Describe a time that you had to work without direct supervision. Have you ever had to make department decisions when your supervisor was not available? Discuss your decision-making process. You don’t rattle easily. Show that you’re self-directed and self-motivated, but still willing to follow others’ directions or to ask for assistance when needed. Storytell: Discuss a specific example of a time you had to make a decision without supervision. Preferably, discuss a time that you anticipated company needs and finished a project ahead of time or made a beneficial decision. Have you ever misjudged something? How could you have prevented the mistake? Briefly discuss a specific — but minor — example. Briefly discuss what the mistake taught you and how it led you to improve your system for making decisions or solving problems. After talking about your example and what you learned from it, refocus the discussion on your accomplishments.