Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

You arrive with about 12 other people and watch a 45 minute presentation on the company values and goals. Then 2 managers come take you into a room for a 45 minute interview. The questions were all behavior based. "Tell me about a time when...." Then, after that interview, TWO DIFFERENT managers come in to interview you. This is where things got exhausting. It was the same questions pretty much. But the second two weren't as friendly or cordial. It was like good cop/bad cop mentality between the two separate interviews. I'm not sure if it was purposeful or not... maybe they are testing your tolerance for repetitive work and nasty customers or maybe they are trying to trip you up to see if you change your answers. Who knows...but here is what I do know. What started out as an exciting interview, ended with me feeling battered and bruised. I was surprised since they do sooooooooooo much to sell the company and its environment to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I applied on the fidelity website and heard back within hours. They set up an initial call to tell me more about the position and make sure I was still interested. Then I had my first interview over the phone. It took about 40 minutes and the lady was very nice. She asked very basic behavioral interview questions. At the end of the call she asked me to set up an in person interview. It was set up for 2 weeks out. It consisted of a tour of the fidelity office and a meeting with two managers along with a presentation to learn more about fidelity. The last step was taking a simple critical thinking test. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received criticism from a manager and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for fidelity   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

It took about three weeks. I applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview. Then I had an interview with hiring manager which was similar to the first interview.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

The interview process was quite disturbing. I did not feel comfortable at all. It was enough to make me turn down the position that I was interviewed for because the supervisor was a creep.

Financial Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online after networking with various people from the Merrimack Branch. Less than 24 hours later I received a phone call from HR asking a series of questions to make sure that I understood the job description and everything that it entailed. Then scheduled a phone interview with another HR staff member. The phone interview was 1 hour long and the questions asked were behavioral. At the end of the phone interview we scheduled an in person interview/campus tour.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate good customer service and world class customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Greenwood Village, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from an HR representative and she explained the role (call center) and the compensation package (hourly, quite good for the area). Then, she scheduled another phone interview with me that was a 30 minute behavioral interview with another HR person. This was fairly easy if you prepare (she recommended the STAR method which I used). Then, I got a call back giving me feedback on the interview and advice for an in-person interview which we scheduled.
    At the in-person interview, I arrived with 6 other people and we sat through about an hour and a half presentation on why it is good to work at Fidelity, what the culture is like, and what the job is like. We also go to hear a recorded call that we would probably receive ourselves on the job. Then, we split off in to interviews. Two managers interviewed me for about 45 minutes. This was also a behavioral interview. They managers were quite nice and they asked many questions. After, there was a short logic test (about a half hour) which is not something you can prepare for. It was pretty easy. Overall, it was not too bad.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were on a team and did not fully pull your weight?
      When was a time you were criticized and you did not agree?
      Tell me about a time you provided above and beyond customer service.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was very fortunate beginning the hiring process with Fidelity. I was linked by a top tier Financial Consultant who was able to push me past the first round of phone interviews. I was then brought in for a first round, in-person interview. It consisted of meeting with three different branch service managers and their assistants all in one location. After a successful first round, I received an email back one week later saying my interview was "favorable." When I was brought back, I went directly to the branch where the manager requested me for a second round. It's been exactly two weeks since I went in for the second round and still haven't heard any feedback after being guaranteed to hear back from them for a week.

Although I am frustrated and feeling anxious, the complete experience overall - I have been very grateful and appreciative of it. I have just graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. This position would be most optimal for and individual like me. I pray for some positive news soon.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario where you have been apart of a team and have had discrepancies within. What did you do to resolve these issues and overcome them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

Received phone call and email 2 months after filling out application online. Set up a phone interview for a Saturday morning, that lasted one hour. It was part behavioral and part job description. Then she asked if I could come for an in-house interview on that Friday. Showed up with about 6 other people. - I wish I could have accepted this position, however now knowing what shift you will work after training did not work for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond and gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter over the phone. Questions were all about why I was looking to leave and why Fidelity. Also no relocation package. More questions regarding project management than technology.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First round phone interview: talked about work I did in my previous internships. Second round: flew me into their HQ in Boston, met with 6 different people, 2 MDs, 2 PMs, 2 analysts. They were all very nice but it was quite tiring as it was one after the other, all with different questions and interview styles. Nothing too technical which was surprising, and didn't even grill me on stock pitches or market outlooks

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on thought process etc   1 Answer