Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

2.9

Transaction Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I applied through indeed.com and got a call Veritude stating that they hiring people immediately. After a few e-mails of "prove it' assessments I finally got an interview set up. The day of the interview I had trouble finding the building. Out of the five or so people I was in contact with that day, I was really surprised how kind and helpful everyone was. Even the woman from Veritude who set up the interview was so nice and almost over-helpful. For my interview I recall thinking "this is my best interview yet" because of how comfortable I was and I was able to be myself. The man interviewing me exuded professionalism and no-nonsense, but at the same time was friendly. The interview questions were basic -greatest strength/weakness, -are you flexible with your schedule. Really no difficult questions if you come prepared and know what they're all about.

Capital Markets SummerBoston, MA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Initial phone interview, 30 minutes, behavioral.
    Went to Boston for final interview. Was six 30-minute interviews with a bunch of people. Long day. Forgot what I said to which person, if I had told a story before or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that you with that you did differently in life.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

This review is to cover the initial 20 minute phone call with the recruiter. They are extremely transparent about what they can provide for you. He covered salary, benefits, and a very detailed schedule of the job. He expressed how hard the company worked for you to be successful. Training is 12 weeks from 8-5pm. One thing they don't put on the job posting is that you will be working in a call center, tied to a phone 90% of the day. You will also be given shifts that range between the hours of 7am-11pm Monday-Saturday. Night an weekend work required. This is a starting position and you can work your way up between 6-12 months. Most of the hiring is done internally. Everyone living with you (even if you are not dating/married) is required to move all of their investments over to Fidelity. If you have a live in-this may be a deal breaker for you.

Interview Questions
    • They really look people passionate about finance. I don't know much, but they didn't seemed bothered. Why do you want to leave your job now? What do you like most about your job (they asked 3 separate times, looking for 3 different answers)? Can you work nights an weekends? What can we do for you, what are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

I applied via a career networking website from school and got an interview about two months later. The interview took place at their Westlake branch. The interview consisted of two 30 minutes session, interviewed by two different team leaders. They were both nice, but I never got a call back.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online I was contacted by local HR to do a screening interview. It consisted of standard questions like "what do you know about financial services?" and "are you currently following the stock market?". Overall, relatively basic info to pass to the next phone interview. This one was more detailed, and they go over your resume fairly thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your customer service went above and beyond the normal level of expectations.   View Answer

They can only tell you that you may work a shift between 7:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday. No guarantee of standard hours.

Quantitative Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

On campus recruiting followed by in office Superday. Mostly fit questions at Fidelity Investments. Very pleasant hiring process. Knowing why you're interested in investment management is important. Met with various associates and managers during the Superday.

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

Long, Drawn out process of phone interviews, followed by group interviews. A couple of comparitive analysis tests. If you pass all of that, you get a final interview with your manager. Then a phone call with a offer

Interview Questions
    • Asked a variety of questions about series 7 testing knowledge   View Answer
    No negotiation was possible. A set rate

Management Consultant, Strategy Group Interview

Fidelity Business Consulting (aka FBC), the internal strategy group, follows a standard on campus recruiting timeline for MBA students.

WHAT THEY WANT: They are looking for MBA students who want to have financial services domain knowledge and an operating role in Fidelity as a mid-term career objective. Finance industry experience is a plus but it is not a requirement. Many successful candidates say that prior experience in people / project management has helped. What you must have is a consulting toolkit, business acumen, and problem solving orientation.

RESUME REVIEW: Make sure your resume shows problem solving/ analytical experience, strategy experience, financial services background (if you have one) or interest, and leadership/ personal Initiative.

INTERVIEWS: In the first round, they usually do two interviews (one with a Director or Management Consultant and one with a VP). Be prepared for case interviews, fit interviews, and the occasional brain teaser.

In behavioral interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Personal Impact, Communication, Cultural Fit, Leadership/ Initiative, and Financial Services Interest/ Expertise. In case interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Problem Structuring, Conceptual Thinking, and Quantitative Skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the VPs tend to throw you brain teasers to see how you react and reason. These can be difficult but it's no different than what the big consulting firms do.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question
    It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Sales & Trading Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

I applied online through campus recruiting and heard back about scheduling an interview maybe a week later, then the interview was a week after that. 2 people from the firm were there interviewing me, both relatively friendly and polite. There were no horror story occurrences like with other finance interviews I've heard about. They asked standard questions - why sales & trading, what would you contribute, what other roles are you looking at, what are some of your accomplishments. They were interested in what I was doing at school and outside of class to learn about finance, since my major is liberal arts.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!