Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Financial Consultant Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied to the Fidelity Financial Consultant Program in early January. A few days later, I received a call back from an HR representative about scheduling a phone interview, and we set up a date and time to have the phone interview. We had scheduled that the interviewer would call me at the time we specified. As time progressed past the time we set aside for the phone interview, I received no call from the HR representative. I called and emailed this representative asking if we needed to reschedule the phone interview and she never responded.

I was astonished by the lack of professionalism on the part of the HR representative, which reflected poorly on the company. For a job that required a great deal of organizational and communication skills, the supposed to be interview obviously had neither of the two.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The process involved a couple of phone interviews followed by in-person interviews with three people. Offer was not made for several months. Stayed in contact with recruiter until offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Included questions about background and experience along with other typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and was contacted from the national office by telephone. There were two phone interviews and one face to face interview. The telephone interviews were very precise and were focused on my skills and experience. The face to face interview was conducted by two people at the site. They focused on role play, a mock telephone call, and a chance to find out the exact nature of the job. This interview completely misrepresented the job description. I was told customer care and satisfaction was the focus of each call. If the call was long, we were expected to take control of the call, but still take care of the customer. They also said there was an opportunity to research problems and call customers back. This was false. Also, questions about metrics were brushed aside. Actually, metrics were the main focus of the position. If the face to face interview had not been so misleading, I would never have accepted the job. I only worked there a little less than four months.

Interview Questions
    • How do you respond to irate customers?   View Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

OCR interview then they invite you to their office. First interview was 30min, fairly conversational. Second interview was at their office and it consisted of two thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral, why you want to apply for the position, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Very Simple technical questions pertaining to DB, The recruiting team was at our university the entire interview process was for 1 day, nothing out of the box questions. Simple basic Java and DB questions. Get your basics right

Summer Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied through my school career center. 45 minute interview with a portfolio manager. Asked mostly questions about my resume and stocks that I follow. I pitched an airline stock, and he asked very in-depth questions about the industry and what I would do if I were to become the airline industry expert at Fidelity.

Data Entry Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

it was very detailed and long process. All online through email which I wasn't very comfortable with. Not sure if I was communicating with a real person or computer. Also had a sponser who sent me text messages throughout. At end is when they tell you about the money you have to spend upfront.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

3 Phone interviews, and one office interview.
    Tell about your experience in the last 5 years............................
    Gave brief summary about my previous job, my role and responsibility. The iT development environment and technology used.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about your experience in the last 5 years   View Answer
    Initial salary offer was much lower than what i needed. And was able to get much closer to what i asked for.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through their website. About a week later a screening phone call from them a week later giving a better explanation of the position and confirming my interest. I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was advised I would be brought in for a face to face interview with two managers. I came in with two other candidates. We all were given a presentation about the company and then broke out with two designated managers. After the interview with managers an aptitude test was given to all candidates. I was called about two weeks later and advised I would be extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of when you exhibited or received extraordinary customer service. Explain why you think it was extraordinary.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online, spoke to HR recruiter who set expectations on likely hood of getting an interview, then had 2 interviews 3 weeks apart, went through extensive background check. Talked about why fidelity, why i wanted this position. I was unsure i was qualified and normally, ive heard they dont hire external candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What gives you confidence you can do this job well? Past experience? Sales process? Client interactions? Very thorough but about an hour each.   View Answer