Fidelity Investments Equity Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2015

3.4

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First round phone interview: talked about work I did in my previous internships. Second round: flew me into their HQ in Boston, met with 6 different people, 2 MDs, 2 PMs, 2 analysts. They were all very nice but it was quite tiring as it was one after the other, all with different questions and interview styles. Nothing too technical which was surprising, and didn't even grill me on stock pitches or market outlooks

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on thought process etc   1 Answer

Summer Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied through my school career center. 45 minute interview with a portfolio manager. Asked mostly questions about my resume and stocks that I follow. I pitched an airline stock, and he asked very in-depth questions about the industry and what I would do if I were to become the airline industry expert at Fidelity.

Quantitative Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting followed by in office Superday. Mostly fit questions at Fidelity Investments. Very pleasant hiring process. Knowing why you're interested in investment management is important. Met with various associates and managers during the Superday.

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied via school career site, followed by a phone interview, and a super day in Boston. The super day consisted of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. I wasn't asked too technical of questions - the employer just wants to see your thought process.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the PV of the Mona Lisa? Pitch a stock.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Had a 1:1 interview with an analyst. Asked several detailed questions about my opinion on the markets and a few stocks.

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Interview

stated with a phone interview. was mostly behavioral / personal questions, but asked some questions about different kinds of companies i'd be interested in investing in right now. in-person superday with 6 30-minute interviews. some behavioral questions, some brain teasers, some psuedo-case studies -- a mix of everything. no stick pitches though.

Interview Questions

• We get thousands of applications for an incredibly small number of positions. Why should I care about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Mostly just chatting. They wanted to make sure I paid attention to what was going on in the world, and that I would fit in at Fidelity. Asked what sectors I would be in right now, and was asked once out of 4 interviews for a stock reccomendation

Interview Questions

• Pick a sector to be in right now   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career services website. Was selected for a first round interview. The interview was going fairly smoothly, mostly soft stuff about my background, until I referenced my personal investment experience. At that point, the interviewer seemed to perk up and started asking me some fairly difficult and technical questions about the stock purchases I had made, and my "investment thesis" for each. Extremely competitive for second round interviews and I was not one of the lucky few

Interview Questions

• What was your investment thesis for this particular stock?   Answer Question
    • If you were asked to choose between two stocks, what would you want to know?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.