Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Lone Tree, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online a recruiter contacted me via email setting up a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes, asking primarily experience and behavioral questions. At the conclusion of this interview I was invited to an on-site interview.

Once there, the 7 candidates met in a room and watched/listened to a presentation on Fidelity, what they're all about, and why it was a good idea to work for them. This process allows questions and comments so be sure to chime in if you have any reservations or curiosities.

Next, each person is taken on a tour of the floor you'll be working on and finally brought into a room with two managers to conduct the in person interview. The questions are very similar to those asked on the phone and very relaxed as well. After such interview, you are required to take a cognitive thinking assessment which requires no studying. It merely tests your ability to think and use logic.

Overall, the interview and presentation got me very excited about the potential of working at Fidelity. The staff all seemed happy, invested, and warm. I was offered a position via phone the following day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you received "world class" customer service and a time in which you delivered excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. Some behavioral, some knowledge-based. The phone interview was very quick, they asked standard questions (strengths and weaknesses, etc.. The in-person interview took a few hours. They give a presentation and show you the site, then sit down to interview you. The questions trended towards customer service themes more than finance.

Online Interview

Interview

it was in person and 1 on 1.Good people just talk and be yourself. Nothing major , just a regular interview. Just go and get the experience . I never really worked here. I'm just doing this to get some info from the site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in December 2013.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening to gauge your phone communication. At the end of the screening, we then set an appointment for a visit to the campus. You meet with an interviewing group at the campus, which includes a tour, talks from some of the current reps, and face to face with 2 floor managers, and a logic test to end the day. Afterwards, they followed up with me in a couple of days to make an offer for the job.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was a telephonic interview with couple of F2F. After the forst round of F2F the HR said they want to have 1 more round and dropped me a mail saying they would schedule it, But never happened

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. They asked basic questions about different items on my resume. They seemed like they wanted someone with economics and data experience. The questions revolved around working with teams and working through challenges. Asked if I had ever worked with metrics before.

Interview Questions

• What group projects have you been involved in lately? What were your favorite parts about working with a group and what are the challenges.   Answer Question

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a Veritude recruiter who saw my resume online. She left me a voicemail, which I returned, and she screened me over the phone. She indicated that I would be a match for the position and gave me the details for the interview, date and time, etc. She also sent me a link to their background and credit check service, which I filled out and didn't have any problems with.

I went in to the in-person interview and arrived fifteen minutes early, but was still 13th in line. (A total of 25 people eventually came in.) They cut off the time at which they would admit candidates at 12:05 for an interview scheduled at noon. We followed a recruiter to a conference room close to the call center (we didn't receive a formal tour), where we received information about the position as a group. We were told that they were hiring 42 people, so we weren't in competition with each other for only a few positions. Then we were taken to the second floor for one-on-one interviews with a recruiter. There were two recruiters and they each took one candidate at a time. When that recruiter finished, they gave you directions to leave; you didn't speak to the other recruiter.

The interviews went by quickly; I spent probably 20-30 minutes waiting for my turn and the interview only lasted 5 minutes at most. The recruiter only asked a couple of basic questions, nothing behavioral. I answered them and she said she thought I would be a good match for either position for which they were hiring and that she would recommend to the hiring managers that I be brought in for the next round of interviews with them, but that I wouldn't hear back until the end of the month. This interview was on April 8 and I received an email from her on the 13th notifying me that the hiring managers had decided to move forward with other candidates. I was disappointed and asked if she had any feedback, but was told that they (the recruiters) don't receive feedback on every candidate they submit to the managers. She also said "They do look for call center experience, job stability, and great customer service experience. Make sure to check out our website." This seems an odd piece of advice since it was their recruiter who contacted me in the first place after seeing my resume online and since both that recruiter and she indicated that I was qualified for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process starts when a recruiter calls you and just tells you general knowledge about the job and to make sure it is something you are still interested in. After that they will set up a phone interview with you that takes about 30 minutes. This more of a screener interview so as long as you have decent answers you will probably receive a second interview. They then bring you in for a 2nd in person interview. During this you will sit through a presentation and learn about the company and take a tour of the building. After this you have a 2 on 1 interview with the hiring managers. Most of the questions they ask in both interviews are behavioral and are even the same. After this you will take a critical thinking test. As long as you have common sense you should have no problem with that. A couple days after the interview the recruiter will call you and let you know if you have received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2015.

Interview

I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. I had a phone interview today and it was about 8 minutes long. She told me that the job pays $16.83/hr with a work shift between 7:30a-11:30p and you have to be extremely flexible because there's not a traditional work schedule for the job. I didn't have a problem with the pay, but she said this is definitely A CALL CENTER JOB. Do not mistake that. The pay is non negotiable. If you're okay with being on the phone 100% of the time talking to customers, this is the position for you.

Interview Questions

I needed a more challenging role.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Good and understanding. To the point and well organized. The interviews are very timely and dont waste time. They asked technical questions about Java and J2ee which i worked and applied positon for same skill

Interview Questions

• How to manage large projects   1 Answer