Fidelity Investments

2.9

Financial and Retirement Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

After an on campus mock interview, someone else called asking if I would interested in the position and then set up a longer phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter, an in person interview at the Westlake campus was set up the following week. At the campus, we were given an overview of the campus, the company and some benefits before an interview with two managers. After the interview, we had to take a skills and reasoning test to gauge success in passing Series 7 and 66 licensing. I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, but the recruiter called me the day after interviewing offering me the position and outlining the details of the position.

Throughout the interview process, the questions were very standard behavioural based questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). They also asked about my knowledge of the Series 7 and 66 exams, my motivation to earn them and my plan to study for them. The process was very straightforward with very friendly and helpful people.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

After a phone interview, several one-on-one interviews and a group interview with the Design team, I was notified by a recruiter that Fidelity was definitely preparing an offer of employment and that I should expect to receive it within a few days.

Several weeks passed with no contact from Fidelity. They have not followed up or provided any explanation.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

No negotiation

Equity Research Associate Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions
    • Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

Fidelity has a rather standard application process. The recruiter at the main office in Texas was the main point of contact. They were polite but pretty busy, and didn't have a lot of spare time. It sounds like they handle a good amount of volume in applicants. The people at the branch were very nice, almost like they were serving me. They really focus a lot on their overall brand image.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just the standard group of interview questions (tell us how you handle a difficult client, etc).   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2011.

One of the worst interview experiences ever.

They failed to call me on the scheduled time for the preliminary phone screen - and then called 2 days later out of the blue.

After the initial phone screen they called me for an in-person interview to Merrimack, NH. I was in NJ and on the phone they said they would reimburse me for travel and an overnight stay. Upon arriving to the office the hiring manager said this was a preliminary interview and they would NOT reimburse me. Nice!.

The interview was unorganized and unprofessional - the manager took a phone call in the middle of the interview (it was very obviously from his wife/girlfriend), then checked his email multiple times, and then finally opened several SQL scripts on his monitor and asked me what particular sections of the code did. I wasn't sure why I was being asked SQL questions because that is not a skill that I claim to have. Then the next interviewer (the hiring manager's manager) walks into the room and says that he has to leave early. This person was to interview me next. Then both of them disappear for about 20 minutes - and finally the manager's manager does interview me. By this time - I had decided that it had been an overall waste of time and money - and I told them that they probably needed somebody else for that position.

I had rolled-over a 401K to Fidelity a few years prior to this - and promptly transferred my money to another institution the next business day. Sure it is a drop in the bucket - but that was the least (and maximum in some senses) that I could do to given the highly unprofessional conduct of these people.

LEAP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

There were two rounds and I was not asked a question that was too technical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spoke with each member of the team and they all asked similar questions.

No Negotiation

Financial Representative - PreLicense Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

Very pleasant phone conversation with Human Resources representative who asked some specific problem solving questions as well as commitment level with regard to taking the licensing classes and tests. There were questions about availability for weekends, holidays, graveyard shift, swing shift, etc. By the end of the conversation I was informed about most of the benefits and salary offered with the position.

No salary negotiation.