Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retirement Solutions Representative Interview

Retirement Solutions Representative
Westlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details – You go through a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both are behavioral. The phone interview takes about 45 minutes in total. The human resources department will get back to you shortly after to notify you if you have made it to the next round of in-person interviews. The in-person interview takes about 2.5 hours in total. You take a tour of the facility and go through a PowerPoint presentation about Fidelity. After this you go into an interview with two managers from the department you're applying for. Once again this is a behavioral interview. After the interview human resources will let you know if you have been offered the job or not.

Interview Question – Your boss needs your help on an important matter, you are currently on the phone with a customer, and you are supposed to call another customer back in 15 minutes. All three matters are important, how do you satisfy all three situations?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Inern Interview

User Experience Design Inern

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – It was an all day interview (roughly starting at 9am to 4pm) and talked to a total of five people for about half an hour each. We also had lunch together with the rest of the team.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask questions, they mostly wanted to hear your thinking process.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

Interview Details – First interview on phone was pretty easy. Then they take a group of 15-20 interviewees together and give them a tour of the office and a presentation on the company, then each candidate is called one by one to have a private interview with two HR employees of the company. After the interview, the candidates are taken to the same room to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Question – I hadn't had much sales or customer service experience, so when they asked about some examples for those I was kinda screwed. Other than those, I probably would've done better and been in the running for a position.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retirement Solutions Representative Interview

Retirement Solutions Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details – Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Pretty general all based on behavior   Answer Question

Principal Technology Risk Analyst Interview

Principal Technology Risk Analyst
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent process on HR's end of things. They had relevant details, described the business and the job role in sufficient detail. Their follow through on call-backs and updates is by far the best I've ever experienced.

Interview Question – Why was I looking to return to a corporate position after having my own business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiations were with the start date. Otherwise the offer was solid and the benefits spot on and so I accepted.

Director of Finance Interview

Director of Finance
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process seems to take forever. I had three phone screen interviews (HR, Hiring Manager and Group VP) and then in-office interviews with six people (Hiring Manager, Group VP and 4 co-workers). The offer came in about a month after the interviews started but I had submitted the application 6 weeks prior to that. It felt like a long process.

Interview Question – N/A - interview questions were pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and benefits are pretty well locked down but you can negotiate some flexibility in vacation if you already had it planned.

Administrative Intern Interview

Administrative Intern
Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process could be different because I am an intern and I knew somebody within the company. I came in, had one interview and then following the interview a few days later received a call notifying me that I was accepted for the position pending I complete their required drug test and back ground test. Back ground test took about 4 days and then a few days later had the test.

Interview Question – Top three strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate, I am an intern and receive a base salary.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Customer Service Associate I
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

Interview Details – They do a background check, phone interview, and you physical interview allows for a site introduction and interview with three managers. They have security and you have to sign in with them and get a visitor badge. Oh and the facility is out in the middle of nowhere.

Interview Question – Ask what a typical day is like for a customer associate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Had one call from vendor of fidelity and then had one interview with fidelity project manager. Vendor call was asking details about my current project and past experience . Client interview was with manager and developers. Many behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Question – What kind of work culture do u like,
Do u like to be consultant or full time
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job is on contract. So no negotiations with client

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted about having a phone interview, then after that I went on site for a interview. We met in a group for the first hour and they told us about the company and then we split off and were interviewed.