Fidelity Investments

2.9

Financial and Retirement Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

After an on campus mock interview, someone else called asking if I would interested in the position and then set up a longer phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter, an in person interview at the Westlake campus was set up the following week. At the campus, we were given an overview of the campus, the company and some benefits before an interview with two managers. After the interview, we had to take a skills and reasoning test to gauge success in passing Series 7 and 66 licensing. I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, but the recruiter called me the day after interviewing offering me the position and outlining the details of the position.

Throughout the interview process, the questions were very standard behavioural based questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). They also asked about my knowledge of the Series 7 and 66 exams, my motivation to earn them and my plan to study for them. The process was very straightforward with very friendly and helpful people.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Good. Quick. The people are friendly and the staff was on top of things. The interview was to the point and they gave me all the answers to my questions.

Account Executive Interview

Varies considerably based on the manager interviewing you. Great performance helps but no guarantee. Sometimes they have their person but just need to post and interview for show. Typical of most big companies.

Interview Questions
    Sales position, set base, variable comp based on performance in comp plan.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online and got a phone call in a week.
    On campus interview scheduled 2 days after.
    Interviewers were all nice. 2/3 were basic behavorial questions.
    The rest are technical questions. Straight forward, no trick.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

3 rounds of interview. 1 technical and 2 HR round. Each of them went for 30 to 45 min of duration. After the interview process they usually take couple of days to let you know the results.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round was easy. Asked for basic concepts of JAVA, Database Systems Algorithms and your coursework.
      HR asked questions related to projects that I worked upon and some behavioral question based upon a given situation.

Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in-person group interview and 1-on-1 interview with 2 managers. We met with 3 different employees in group environments and toured the facility as well as watching a video.

Interview Questions
    • None were unexpected. Why Fidelity? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    Was told there was no negotiation on salary

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two phone interviews. The first is pretty informal, they make sure you are aware that the position is a call center position, and provide you with additional information about the job. There is a few basic questions about your previous experience.

Second phone interview is more formal. Many "Tell me about a situation when you encountered ---, and how did you handle it. " Most of these are teamwork or customer service oriented.

A face to face interview may be given after this second phone interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Purchasing/Sourcing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied on line. A few days later, I got a phone call and then had a one-on-one interview. Within two days, I got an email inviting me back for an evening "meet and greet" session, set for the next week, which consisted of many candidates and several interviewers all in a conference room at one time. Everyone could feel the discomfort in the atmosphere. It was awkward, to say the least. During the session, the interviewers assured us someone would get back in touch with each of us by the end of the week (either way) and they did not do so. I happened to know a couple people who were also there as candidates and they have told me they did not hear anything afterward, either. Honestly... I am not impressed by this style of "interviewing" and now I feel the company lacks integrity because they did not do what they said they would do.

Interview Questions
    • 1st interview = questions were standard behavioral questions.   View Answer

Actuarial Associate Interview

i had an interview for the actuarial associate with 2 interviewees. I do not think they are fully prepared. They just asked me some basic resume staff, and they were done, maybe because they are not interested in me. I think they expect you to talk about your exam preparation process and how you are preparing for the coming one.