Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Lone Tree, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online a recruiter contacted me via email setting up a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes, asking primarily experience and behavioral questions. At the conclusion of this interview I was invited to an on-site interview. Once there, the 7 candidates met in a room and watched/listened to a presentation on Fidelity, what they're all about, and why it was a good idea to work for them. This process allows questions and comments so be sure to chime in if you have any reservations or curiosities. Next, each person is taken on a tour of the floor you'll be working on and finally brought into a room with two managers to conduct the in person interview. The questions are very similar to those asked on the phone and very relaxed as well. After such interview, you are required to take a cognitive thinking assessment which requires no studying. It merely tests your ability to think and use logic. Overall, the interview and presentation got me very excited about the potential of working at Fidelity. The staff all seemed happy, invested, and warm. I was offered a position via phone the following day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you received "world class" customer service and a time in which you delivered excellent customer service.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and they called me within a few days for a phone interview. We set it up for April 3rd at 11:00 Am. I did research on the company and all things considered felt I was prepared. She called at 11:15 AM which did not set with me well. She told me about the salary and stressed that "did I have" debts, a criminal back round, had I ever been discharged from a job etc. and then moved on to the questions which were mediocre in difficultly until the last and final question.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you want to work for Fidelity and how did you find out about this position? We were on the phone about 45 minutes and then she asked about if I had metrics or goals at my job and i said yes and explained some general goals we had as employees but were not assigned individual goals as it is a retail setting. She then asked me to give specific details of a phone call I had received at my job where I had to uncover an unspoken need that a customer had. Sorry no specifics in my brain. Something that I don't deal with but once every few years and with that it was over and she said she would not be asking me to move on with the interview process based on that. She also said I should work on my behavioral answers and reapply so I thanked her and said I would although I absolutely won't reapply. I didn't like the undertone in her voice and she sounded as though she could become irritated very quickly-don't know and its not important but I can move on and hope this helps someone who is a better fit for the company.   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiters were at my school's career fair. Talked to them for a little bit. They told me to apply online. It seemed like they were trying to look for as many people as they can since it was almost the end of the school yea. After one week, I had one 30min phone screen. The talk was pleasant and planned for a final on-site series of interviews (2 30min behavioral, 1 30 min tech). Before the series of interview though, I was given a tour with a couple of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral were standard questions like strongest accomplishment, most creative, etc. The tech were related to Java. Seemed like they wanted to know the basics of Java such as garbage collection, keywords like static final etc, inheritance, object orientation, etc. Basically, stuff you should have learned from your first Java course.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2015.

Interview

I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. I had a phone interview today and it was about 8 minutes long. She told me that the job pays $16.83/hr with a work shift between 7:30a-11:30p and you have to be extremely flexible because there's not a traditional work schedule for the job. I didn't have a problem with the pay, but she said this is definitely A CALL CENTER JOB. Do not mistake that. The pay is non negotiable. If you're okay with being on the phone 100% of the time talking to customers, this is the position for you.

Interview Questions

I needed a more challenging role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard job interview. Know how to market yourself and skills you've honed in your previous experiences, apply them to the Financial Rep role and you'll be successful. I declined the position for a better offer closer to home, but everything about the interview process with Fidelity was professionally managed and they made me think really hard about accepting the offer, despite offering a much lower salary.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a common goal?   1 Answer

I was offered a job with a much higher salary in a more desirable location. Fidelity was unable to negotiate at all with how much they could offer, which forced my hand in declining the position.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a Veritude recruiter who saw my resume online. She left me a voicemail, which I returned, and she screened me over the phone. She indicated that I would be a match for the position and gave me the details for the interview, date and time, etc. She also sent me a link to their background and credit check service, which I filled out and didn't have any problems with. I went in to the in-person interview and arrived fifteen minutes early, but was still 13th in line. (A total of 25 people eventually came in.) They cut off the time at which they would admit candidates at 12:05 for an interview scheduled at noon. We followed a recruiter to a conference room close to the call center (we didn't receive a formal tour), where we received information about the position as a group. We were told that they were hiring 42 people, so we weren't in competition with each other for only a few positions. Then we were taken to the second floor for one-on-one interviews with a recruiter. There were two recruiters and they each took one candidate at a time. When that recruiter finished, they gave you directions to leave; you didn't speak to the other recruiter. The interviews went by quickly; I spent probably 20-30 minutes waiting for my turn and the interview only lasted 5 minutes at most. The recruiter only asked a couple of basic questions, nothing behavioral. I answered them and she said she thought I would be a good match for either position for which they were hiring and that she would recommend to the hiring managers that I be brought in for the next round of interviews with them, but that I wouldn't hear back until the end of the month. This interview was on April 8 and I received an email from her on the 13th notifying me that the hiring managers had decided to move forward with other candidates. I was disappointed and asked if she had any feedback, but was told that they (the recruiters) don't receive feedback on every candidate they submit to the managers. She also said "They do look for call center experience, job stability, and great customer service experience. Make sure to check out our website." This seems an odd piece of advice since it was their recruiter who contacted me in the first place after seeing my resume online and since both that recruiter and she indicated that I was qualified for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview that was entirely behavioral. Asked to interview in person immediately after and accepted. In-person interview was 2:1 with two managers who asked largely the same questions as the phone interview with a few additions. This interview process is not hard if you come off as sincere or hard-working since the point of the role is essentially to get your Series 7 then handle a lot of the baseline customer service for them which is largely a tedious and arduous process on all fronts.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a moment when you received incredible customer service." "Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your work and were recognized for it."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. A few days later, I was contacted by a recruiter & set up a phone interview. Having passed that (presumably), I was invited for a face to face interview w/ 2 managers a few days after the phone interview. Many of the same questions asked by the phone interviewer were asked in a similar fashion in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What would world-class customer service look like to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There are 2 phone interviews and an in person interview. A recruiter called to explain the position and ask if I was still interested. The next day I had another recruiter call to do a phone interview. It lasted an hour and she asked several behavioral questions. She stressed the difficulty of passing the Series 7 exam. At the end of the call she said that she would be scheduling my interview at the office. It would start a group tour and presentation of the company and end with just myself and two managers in a formal interview. The recruiter offered feedback about my answers to her questions and coached me a little on what to expect next. The recruiter calls to offer a position or explain why an offer is not being extended within a day or two.

Interview Questions

• Explain what world class customer service means to you. Give an example of excellent customer service that you have experienced.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough. The interview process is more intimidating than other companies. I believe that they want to make you feel uncomfortable by making the interview feel more like an interrogation. You WILL walk away from this interview with a feeling of discomfort unless you are incredibly prepared. This is completely intentional. They want to gauge your reaction when you are uncomfortable. Communication skills are key, as this job is all about client interaction. The phone interview will be the most important part of the process. Prepare well. The questions asked will refer more to your flaws than your strengths.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you have received criticism by a manager and how did you respond to that criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed. The salary recently increased. No negotiation.