Fidelity Investments

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two phone interviews. The first is pretty informal, they make sure you are aware that the position is a call center position, and provide you with additional information about the job. There is a few basic questions about your previous experience.

Second phone interview is more formal. Many "Tell me about a situation when you encountered ---, and how did you handle it. " Most of these are teamwork or customer service oriented.

A face to face interview may be given after this second phone interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Purchasing/Sourcing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied on line. A few days later, I got a phone call and then had a one-on-one interview. Within two days, I got an email inviting me back for an evening "meet and greet" session, set for the next week, which consisted of many candidates and several interviewers all in a conference room at one time. Everyone could feel the discomfort in the atmosphere. It was awkward, to say the least. During the session, the interviewers assured us someone would get back in touch with each of us by the end of the week (either way) and they did not do so. I happened to know a couple people who were also there as candidates and they have told me they did not hear anything afterward, either. Honestly... I am not impressed by this style of "interviewing" and now I feel the company lacks integrity because they did not do what they said they would do.

Interview Questions
    • 1st interview = questions were standard behavioral questions.   View Answer

Actuarial Associate Interview

i had an interview for the actuarial associate with 2 interviewees. I do not think they are fully prepared. They just asked me some basic resume staff, and they were done, maybe because they are not interested in me. I think they expect you to talk about your exam preparation process and how you are preparing for the coming one.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Phone screening first, then on site 1:1 interview with 3+ people. Some detail technical questions, But more is about past experiences, such as what was most challenging issue you have ever faced, how did you work on it, what did you like most in your past job, etc

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online. I had someone call me for a phone screening with basic questions for about 15 minutes. Scheduled a phone interview a week later that lasted a hour. They were mostly customer service related questions and things from past experiences. Interviewer said she would call back in a few weeks to schedule a onsite tour and interview with managers. A group of 10-12 people toured the facility and took some type of personality test and then met with a manager and a supervisor for individual interviews. Same questions were asked on the phone interview. I thought it was a standard process. Hired next day

Administrative Interview

2 stage process.

1) Phone interview with HR for behavioral

2) Face to face interview with additional behavioral questions

Followed by standard drug test.

Standard interview questions with few curveballs. Mostly interested on your personality and how your react to behavioral questions. Was given a few role play scenarios, customer was angry etc.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to get someone to do something they didn't want to?   Answer Question

Financial Associate II-Health & Welfare Interview

There will be a least two interviews and one of those will include two or more managers depending on the role. The interview will consist of one manager asking the questions while the other just observes and takes notes.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? Explain how you would handle a difficult interaction with a customer.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Applied and was referred by an employee. Applied to the LEAP program (software development track). Had one screener-type phone call about the program and then had 3 interviews: 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The 3 interviews were with 3 different technical people (Senior Software Engineers etc.). The technical questions were mainly focused on Java and OOP; there was no writing of code.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter to set up initial phone interview. They were very fast to get this set up and move forward in the process. The interview is expected to be about one hour long and is fairly in-depth.

Interview Questions
    • They have a very strong emphasis on behavioral interview questions and are looking for very specific answers. Tell me about a time when... Prepare for the questions because it will be a deal breaker if you do not answer them properly.   Answer Question