Fidelity Investments

2.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.

Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Submitted resume online for FR position at multiple branches and received a call from the recruiter within 2 weeks. Basic phone screening regarding background and interest in the position. Passed the screening and the recruiter set me up on a interview with the branch manager for the following day. I interviewed with the branch manager and other FR's, lasted about 2 hours total. Unfortunately I did not get that position, but the branch manager was impressed and recommended for another branch. Met with the Service Manger, lasted about 45minutes, basic questions on background and why I wanted to work in the industry and for fidelity. I received a call a week later to meet with the Branch Manager. The interview was pretty simple, as long has you are passionate about customer service. They really put a huge emphasis on the customer experience and we spend a great deal of time talking about my past as it relates to providing excellent customer service. The branch manager also had me roll play as if I had the position and she was a walk in. Caught me off guard, but I guess I did well!

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 things/characteristics that your past manager(s) would say about you?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I submitted three different applications and had one phone interview. Interviewer liked me and promised to call if moving forward or not. I am still waiting for a call to say sorry but we have decided to move on. Applying online is useless. I am turned off from Fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed basic and no level of difficulty. Perhaps it was a ploy to appear professional.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Two phone, one in person. The first two calls are to make sure you can speak coherently over the phone, since all client interactions are done over the phone. If you pass, you then have an in person interview on a super day with two managers. Two on one.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied for the job from the Fidelity career's website. HR reached out to me in few days and had discussion regarding my resume for 30 minutes. Forwarded my resume to Hiring manager and I had 4 more rounds of interview after that. Entire process completed within a month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to Spring, hibernate, threading, database etc.
         - how does spring mvc work
         - spring security, aop (cglib vs dynamic proxy), transactions, different jdbc templates, template pattern, singleton bean vs singleton pattern, bean life cycle.
         - types of hibernate inheritance, joins

2 online/live coding and designing questions.

Questions were quite simple and easy for me.

Answer Question

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Initial Phone Screening, Hour-long Phone Interview, Two-hour In-Person Interview. For the In-person interview you have a presentation about the company and position, q&a, a brief look at where the position is located in the building, followed by an hour-long interview with two of your prospective managers.

Interview Questions
    • Was there anything you wanted to tell us about yourself that you didn't have the opportunity to tell us so far in the interview?   Answer Question

Financial Representative - PreLicense Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

Very pleasant phone conversation with Human Resources representative who asked some specific problem solving questions as well as commitment level with regard to taking the licensing classes and tests. There were questions about availability for weekends, holidays, graveyard shift, swing shift, etc. By the end of the conversation I was informed about most of the benefits and salary offered with the position.

No salary negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Phone screen about my background and how I'd fit the position. It was then followed by an in-person interview. Met up with the hiring manager and went through standard interviewing questions. As expected, it is a financial company with very structured process. It will not fit well for people who like the flexibility or creativity in work.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward question. No brain teaser or any sort.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question
    It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Transaction Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I applied through indeed.com and got a call Veritude stating that they hiring people immediately. After a few e-mails of "prove it' assessments I finally got an interview set up. The day of the interview I had trouble finding the building. Out of the five or so people I was in contact with that day, I was really surprised how kind and helpful everyone was. Even the woman from Veritude who set up the interview was so nice and almost over-helpful. For my interview I recall thinking "this is my best interview yet" because of how comfortable I was and I was able to be myself. The man interviewing me exuded professionalism and no-nonsense, but at the same time was friendly. The interview questions were basic -greatest strength/weakness, -are you flexible with your schedule. Really no difficult questions if you come prepared and know what they're all about.