Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Retirement Solutions Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Principal Technology Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Excellent process on HR's end of things. They had relevant details, described the business and the job role in sufficient detail. Their follow through on call-backs and updates is by far the best I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I looking to return to a corporate position after having my own business?   Answer Question
    The only negotiations were with the start date. Otherwise the offer was solid and the benefits spot on and so I accepted.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2010.

The hiring process seems to take forever. I had three phone screen interviews (HR, Hiring Manager and Group VP) and then in-office interviews with six people (Hiring Manager, Group VP and 4 co-workers). The offer came in about a month after the interviews started but I had submitted the application 6 weeks prior to that. It felt like a long process.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - interview questions were pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Salary and benefits are pretty well locked down but you can negotiate some flexibility in vacation if you already had it planned.

Administrative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

The process could be different because I am an intern and I knew somebody within the company. I came in, had one interview and then following the interview a few days later received a call notifying me that I was accepted for the position pending I complete their required drug test and back ground test. Back ground test took about 4 days and then a few days later had the test.

Interview Questions
    Didn't have to negotiate, I am an intern and receive a base salary.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

They do a background check, phone interview, and you physical interview allows for a site introduction and interview with three managers. They have security and you have to sign in with them and get a visitor badge. Oh and the facility is out in the middle of nowhere.

Interview Questions
    • Ask what a typical day is like for a customer associate?   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Had one call from vendor of fidelity and then had one interview with fidelity project manager. Vendor call was asking details about my current project and past experience . Client interview was with manager and developers. Many behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of work culture do u like,
      Do u like to be consultant or full time
        Answer Question
    Job is on contract. So no negotiations with client

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

I was contacted about having a phone interview, then after that I went on site for a interview. We met in a group for the first hour and they told us about the company and then we split off and were interviewed.

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

First interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral, and conducted on campus. Received a call a few days later for on site interviews. Second round was two separate interviews conducted in a room with 12 others applying for the same internship. Never received any communication after that.

Interview Questions
    • No questions throughout the process were non behavioral, so no question was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Questions
    • There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions   View Answer
    there was not a negotiation phase

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process was long, but also very quick. First a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, then shortly afterwards a flight up to Boston to interview with 5 more people. They weren't direct flights, with short connectors which caused some undue stress on the way up, but when I landed there was a car to take me to the office for the interviews. First hour over lunch with hiring manager and her manager, 2nd with a VP of the group, 3rd with the Sr. VP of the group (which was cut very short), and last was with another VP in the group. After that they drove me back to the airport and I got back on the plane home. Offer was in my email a few days later, and I started a month or so after that. There were a lot of people, but at the time that is how Fidelity was structured - VERY top heavy. It has since been reduced a bit, but every interview gave a chance to look further into the organization which was EXTREMELY beneficial if you know how to ask the right questions.

Interview Questions
    • I have a mess on my hands, why do you think you can fix it since no one else has been able to.   View Answer
    Quick and very fair.