Fidelity Investments

511 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

LEAP Program Interview

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus career fair. Got called for an interview right away.

Interview Question – Had three interviews lasting 30 minutes each. Focussed only on behavioral questions and previous experiences.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview with HR representative for screening. 2nd phone interview with team members and hiring director. 3rd 1:1 interview with hiring director and VP.

Interview Question – none- more conversational and getting to know one another and how well you would interact with group. It's very easy process if you are an internal candidate   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Analyst Interview

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – I was called by a Fidelity recruiting staff member a few weeks after sending in my resume and was asked if I was still interested in the job along with salary requirements. He also gave me basic information about the job and said I would be sent an email for an interview soon. The interview itself was not bad at all. 2 interviews. About 30 minutes each. One with a manager in the department and then the manager of the fund accounting department. Was asked to talk about team projects in school and work. Also was asked about my past employment and the details of my previous experiences in work related projects and about work in general. Overall the interview process was one of the easier interviews I've experienced.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project in school that required teamwork and analytical thinking.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a series of 3 interviews for the Investment Representative Position.

Interview Question – Tell me about your own personal story about why you came to Fidelity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an internal interview. I already had 10 years working for the company at their call center in various sales positions.
I had worked as a Fidelity fixed income specialist for 2 years and was able to transition into the sales role available in a branch which was seeking for internal experience. Fixed Income experience was a valued commodity at the time and opened the door to move to the branch in California.

Success of a prior colleague who was hired out of the Fixed Income department encouraged other managers to hire as well. I was not directly referred by this colleague, but through his reputation and due to revamping of the fixed income business it created a great opportunity to advance my career.

I was able to secure a few phone interviews with various branch managers in California and then interviewed with them in person. I was also interviewed by three or four team members from a single branch, but ultimately was referred to another branch manager and was hired on site.

In total I was interviewed in person by four branch managers. I'm assuming that the final interview was really just an offer as a result of the prior three interviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details – It is a long process for an entry level position - be patient! I received a voice mail indicating that HR would like to perform a phone screening about a week, 10 days after applying for the position. I called back the next day and scheduled a phone screening for the day after. It last about 20 minutes. One thing I appreciated was right up front I was told the salary range, the fact that some evening hours would be required though the scheduled wasn't decided definitely yet and would I be interested in being considered as a candidate. I was also told that a credit check, criminal background check and drug screening were mandatory and asked if I had an issue with these. I answered some basic questions regarding my customer service philosophy, the types of customer service I had performed in the past, why I left my last position and what I was looking for in a new position. I was told at the end of the call I was going to be passed along to HR for a phone interview. I was advise to learn more about Fidelity (I had done that when I knew I was going to have a phone screening), and to know why I want to work there, be able to explain how I handled customer service challenges in the past and to know something about the financial services industry.
     Two days later I had a 45 minute phone interview. I was asked typical questions, asked thoughtful questions regarding what I would be doing in the position. I did know about the different areas of the company, the mission statement, values, etc. I was told that I was going to be asked to come in for an in-person interview and to be sure I knew why I wanted to work for Fidelity, and to know something about the industry.
     I arrived at the office and had an overview of the position and a Q&A session with a woman who performs the job and five other candidates. We had a tour of the facility before the interview. I met with two managers. There was a bit of "good cop-bad cop". I think they were trying to see if they could rattle me a bit since obviously dealing with customers there are going to be stressful situations and the managers need to see if you can maintain a professional demeanor.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions per se, but they kept asking over and over "so what else do you want to know?" and I was asked "what did you think we would ask you that we didn't?" Then I started to discuss a customer service example and one of the managers said "Oh, I have heard enough about your CS experience, tell me something else". Just be able to know the industry a bit, the difference between tax deferred, tax exempt, etc., whatever will pertain to the area in which you are working.

The background check takes a long time! It took a month for me. If you know there are "no skeletons in your closet", do not be nervous.
  Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Had a 1:1 interview with an analyst. Asked several detailed questions about my opinion on the markets and a few stocks.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details – Lots of behavior-based questions and you should always be prepared with several specific examples that tie to the basic behaviors/values that are identified in the job posting. Fidelity hires for potential, not necessarily for what you have right now. If you don't have at least a Bachelor's degree, it will be very hard to move anywhere within the company.

Interview Question – nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy process. Two phone interviews one in November and one in December. Submitted a four page application. Onsite interview with approximately 20 other candidates in January. During the on-site interview there is a powerpoint presentation, tour, two-people interview and exam. I received a call back the next morning and was told an offer would be sent via e-mail. Drug test, fingerprinting/background check and credit check. Date of hire in March.

Interview Question – How have you in the past encouraged a co-worker that was not putting in the effort required to help the team be successful?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiation.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview Details – Give and example of a time when you gave an exceptional customer service experience?
Tell us about a time when you worked in a group/team?
How have you handled a bad customer experience and what was the out come

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

Interview Details – Connected with a recruiter at an on-campus career fair and persistently followed-up and my resume was passed along to the correct HR manager. After that I was called and given a very brief interview where I just answered simple questions about myself and mainly resume clarification. I was then invited to interview in-office. I interviewed with one senior manager in a short, behavioral interview. I honestly believed I had not received the job because the interview was so brief, but I was notified 48 hours later that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, very basic behavioral questions... (Tell me about a time when..., Have you ever had a group member do..., etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns