Fidelity Investments Investment Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Fairly straight forward. Encouragement of advanced education and continued improvement within field of expertise.

Interview Questions
  • What was my favorite Excel formula, it came across as though there was no correct answer and when I replied, the manager explained that he hated that formula the most.   Answer Question
There is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2010.

They called me a month after I applied on the website, then brought me in for an interview. Interviews were pleasant, but getting follow-up feedback was pretty much impossible. I met with all the people I'd be working with, and for the most part they asked very reasonable questions. A few of the silly 'what is your greatest weakness' type questions. People seemed very happy there, and Fidelity seems like a good company. But they need to work on their HR process a bit in terms of initial length of time and follow-up behavior.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

This was the second round after a competency based phone interview 2 weeks earlier.

I had two interviews which were a mix of both competency and technical. I was asked questions about VaR and CAPM. The 2.5 hour case study was split into 4 parts:
     > 1. I was given 10 balance sheets and 10 companies and was supposed to match them (40min)
     > 2. I was supposed to give my opinion on a company's bond after reading through its financial report and present the findings to the team (1hr)
     > 3. Math/ Bond/ Brain teasers (40min)
     > 4. Write a code for N factorial in your favorite programming language (10min)

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Questions
    • How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!