Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly straight forward. Encouragement of advanced education and continued improvement within field of expertise.

Interview Question – What was my favorite Excel formula, it came across as though there was no correct answer and when I replied, the manager explained that he hated that formula the most.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2010.

Interview Details – They called me a month after I applied on the website, then brought me in for an interview. Interviews were pleasant, but getting follow-up feedback was pretty much impossible. I met with all the people I'd be working with, and for the most part they asked very reasonable questions. A few of the silly 'what is your greatest weakness' type questions. People seemed very happy there, and Fidelity seems like a good company. But they need to work on their HR process a bit in terms of initial length of time and follow-up behavior.

Interview Questions

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

Interview Details – This was the second round after a competency based phone interview 2 weeks earlier.

I had two interviews which were a mix of both competency and technical. I was asked questions about VaR and CAPM. The 2.5 hour case study was split into 4 parts:
 > 1. I was given 10 balance sheets and 10 companies and was supposed to match them (40min)
 > 2. I was supposed to give my opinion on a company's bond after reading through its financial report and present the findings to the team (1hr)
 > 3. Math/ Bond/ Brain teasers (40min)
 > 4. Write a code for N factorial in your favorite programming language (10min)

Interview Question – Explain the CAPM   Answer Question

Investments Analyst Interview

Investments Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Interview Details – Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Question – How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Investment Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.