Fidelity Investments Investment Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Encouragement of advanced education and continued improvement within field of expertise.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite Excel formula, it came across as though there was no correct answer and when I replied, the manager explained that he hated that formula the most.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

They called me a month after I applied on the website, then brought me in for an interview. Interviews were pleasant, but getting follow-up feedback was pretty much impossible. I met with all the people I'd be working with, and for the most part they asked very reasonable questions. A few of the silly 'what is your greatest weakness' type questions. People seemed very happy there, and Fidelity seems like a good company. But they need to work on their HR process a bit in terms of initial length of time and follow-up behavior.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2012.

Interview

This was the second round after a competency based phone interview 2 weeks earlier.

I had two interviews which were a mix of both competency and technical. I was asked questions about VaR and CAPM. The 2.5 hour case study was split into 4 parts:
     > 1. I was given 10 balance sheets and 10 companies and was supposed to match them (40min)
     > 2. I was supposed to give my opinion on a company's bond after reading through its financial report and present the findings to the team (1hr)
     > 3. Math/ Bond/ Brain teasers (40min)
     > 4. Write a code for N factorial in your favorite programming language (10min)

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Questions

• How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question