Fidelity Investments Investment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter via email. The email had a sense of urgency that I needed to respond immediately and provide a time that I can be available to speak because they are hiring aggressively for position. I responded and we scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The recruiter called 10 minutes late and didn't have the decency to apologize as if I should feel privileged they are talking to me. So anyway, I thought our conversation went well. Good enough where the recruiter indicated that I am in for a follow up phone interview with a hiring manager from the branch. We scheduled it and we got off the phone. Later that evening, I sent a thank you email. About an hour later, I got a response stating that the phone interview was being cancelled because they are pursuing other candidates. I did the admirable thing and sent another thank you email. I asked if I can apply for other locations, but was told that every location is filled. This was not a pleasant experience. I normally don't post things like this on-line but I felt the need to. I just wish they would be more respectful of our time and more importantly, be a little bit more sensitive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2007.

Interview

The first interview was a typical phone screen from HR rep. The second was with 2 managers wich asked a series of situational questions seeking answers of specific situations where certain skills were used and successful results were achieved. The 3rd was with the hiring manager which was a meet and greet and he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• what are your expectations for the market for the next year and what factors will contribute to that performance and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying online and passing the online numerical and verbal test, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and approachable. I was asked questions from my CV, my academic choices, work experiences. Why Fidelity? Why Investments?

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2011.

Interview

First had a phone interview that led to a group interview. Firm called back within a few days and extended an offer. Offer included a sign on bonus and first two months of increased compensation.