Fidelity Investments LEAP Program Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiters were at my school's career fair. Talked to them for a little bit. They told me to apply online. It seemed like they were trying to look for as many people as they can since it was almost the end of the school yea. After one week, I had one 30min phone screen. The talk was pleasant and planned for a final on-site series of interviews (2 30min behavioral, 1 30 min tech). Before the series of interview though, I was given a tour with a couple of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral were standard questions like strongest accomplishment, most creative, etc. The tech were related to Java. Seemed like they wanted to know the basics of Java such as garbage collection, keywords like static final etc, inheritance, object orientation, etc. Basically, stuff you should have learned from your first Java course.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied online at Fidelity's website and heard back within a week for a phone screening. Phone screening consisted of basic interview questions about the track you wanted and your qualifications. Got invited to interview in person with three different people which consisted of two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Got offered the job the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the software development lifecycle, SQL, requirements gathering?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate since the salary is very good.

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during a campus job fair and was referred for an on-campus interview the following morning. The process consisted of three one-on-one interviews that each lasted around 30 mins. The interviewers were all very friendly and mostly asked behavioral and resume-based questions. Overall, it was a positive experience, though I did not make it to the next interview stage.

LEAP Program Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus career fair. Got called for an interview right away.

Interview Questions

• Had three interviews lasting 30 minutes each. Focussed only on behavioral questions and previous experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

I applies online, several days later, got an email from a lady at HR asking me to setup an phone interview. The phone interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. Some of the technical questions were off the wall. I got an email later that day asking to come to Durham with a 1 on 1 with three different people. I accepted and got to the place. I had an interview with the director, and two managers. One person was for leadership, the other behavior, and the last technical. 30min each person. After the interview, your done and was contacted less than a week later by HR letting me know if I got the job or not. There is no reimbursement for travel as a warning..

LEAP Program Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Consisted of a phone interview, a "prep" conversation before interview, and onsite interview consisting of 3 1-on-1 interviews and an aptitude test. Had to travel to New Hampshire for interview which consisted of an hour fifteen logical test and 3 half hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• Ask about your programming languages and what you are strongest in, basic knowledge of the common coding languages, aptitude test will speak for your logical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate - pretty good annual salary base. They do not reimburse for hotel stays however the gas mileage allows for breaking even on incurred expenses. Overall, very friendly interviews.

LEAP Program Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2011.

Interview

Phone screen and then an onsite interview with 3 members. 30min for technical questions and 1hr for behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 balls, one being slightly heavier than the rest. You have a balance and you can only use it twice, how do you single it out?   3 Answers