Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a series of 3 interviews for the Investment Representative Position.

Interview Question – Tell me about your own personal story about why you came to Fidelity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an internal interview. I already had 10 years working for the company at their call center in various sales positions.
I had worked as a Fidelity fixed income specialist for 2 years and was able to transition into the sales role available in a branch which was seeking for internal experience. Fixed Income experience was a valued commodity at the time and opened the door to move to the branch in California.

Success of a prior colleague who was hired out of the Fixed Income department encouraged other managers to hire as well. I was not directly referred by this colleague, but through his reputation and due to revamping of the fixed income business it created a great opportunity to advance my career.

I was able to secure a few phone interviews with various branch managers in California and then interviewed with them in person. I was also interviewed by three or four team members from a single branch, but ultimately was referred to another branch manager and was hired on site.

In total I was interviewed in person by four branch managers. I'm assuming that the final interview was really just an offer as a result of the prior three interviews.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Compliance Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was very detail oriented, they wanted to know my depth of knowledge on AML Compliance and Fraud and Risk Management. I interviewed with the Senior Compliance Associate and Branch Manager, overall I had I pretty positive image of the office and management. They seemed to have team-oriented culture there, which I though was a really big plus as far as I was concerned. Afterward I got to meet with some of the other brokers and staff, overall a very professional and sales-oriented environment.

Interview Question – What did you dislike or change about the last managment you worked for?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another offer from a different firm and decided it was more what I was looking for.

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process went well. You must know your stuff, because there is a lot of competition right now. Was not offered job because I did not have Series 7 license. Seems kind of ridiculous because I have a degree in economics which most applicants don't. All they want is someone who they can get in without costing them anything.

Interview Question – tell us about Fidelity   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.