Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Manchester, NH

Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

You are greeted by two people in HR that take you on a tour of the campus. Bring your resume because they take two copies to give to the managers that will be interviewing you. You learn about the company and then get taken to another room to do your interview with two managers. After that you are taken to another room to take a critical thinking test. Got a call later that day to inform me how the interview went.

Interview Questions
    • One of the managers asked if I would recommend he go to Harvard or Yale. He was looking to see how well I could ask questions to identify which one would better fit his situation.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was happy with the offer.

Associate (Tax-Exempt) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied Online, Had a Phone Interview w/ HR to discuss why I applied, what I was looking for, and was explained about the position, following a second Phone Call, This one we discussed the potential of an "official" phone interview, We discussed my past experiences and how it lender itself to the position, conversation was heavy on looking for my capacity and/or experience with customer service, team work, handling difficult situations, it wasn't a formal phone interview, it was more of a casual "prep" for the potential of another Interview, very very helpful hiring manager, she discussed where I needed work, in respects to how I answered my questions, being able to be clear and concise, having specific examples that could be explained with ease, and display my abilities to communicate which was a the 2nd Phone Interview, a recorded phone interview, Questions asking similar questions to that which she used to prep me, an example of what I considered to be " world class customer service", a time where I had a difficult project and/or challenge and what I did to resolve it or attempt to resolve it, the steps taken ( critical thinking abilities), my ideas of team work, and where I find I would fit in a team- Round 3 was in-person interview, part one is a presentation " Day in the life", then 2 managers sit down with you for about 45 min, similar questions to those of phone interview, as well as the " where do you see yourself, short-term, longterm" " what are your goals in terms of continuing education" " how do you feel about getting feedback, can you handle criticism" - It was an enjoyable interview, very much a chance to show everything you got, very structured, and since they write all your answers down you must be very careful not to get off base, keep good eye contact, ask questions about what makes a successful candidate, about the company, more specifically the department, the structure, and training program, skills to be qualified candidate.... I heard back w/in a week, however start date was 5 weeks out due to training class schedule, all this however was up told to me from day1, They are very honest, and don't give any false expectations, honest hiring process, and good experience!

Interview Questions
    • Provide me with a time where you received "world class customer service", elaborate what actions qualified the experience , and what and how make you see this as a time where someone went "above and beyond"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

You go through 2 phone interviews with 2 separate recruiters. The first is just a simple phone screening, and the second is more of a behavioral interview. After this, you get moved on to where you go to the office you are applying at and you go through a 4 hour session consisting of a presentations on Fidelity, tour of the facility, a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers, and a critical thinking assessment. Keep in mind this 4 hour interview is a group of 10-15 candidates so do everything you can to stick out, ask questions, and be outgoing!

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions. The tougher questions are in the face-to-face interview. Nothing specific was tough just know a lot about the company, how you'll succeed in job, your leadership skills, team working skills, etc. Basic interview knowledge to be prepared with.   Answer Question

I declined because I had an offer from another firm that fit my personal goals and current situation better. Would work for this company any other time. Excellent company, excellent benefits, and excellent opportunity available to anyone that succeeds!

Benefits Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2010.

Online application, did two interviews in one day. One with an HR rep, then another with two hiring managers. Very easy interview all behavioral based questions. They generally hire for lower level positions in fairly large classes I think there were about 40 in mine so they can fill a class room.

no negotiation

Fund Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was called by a Fidelity recruiting staff member a few weeks after sending in my resume and was asked if I was still interested in the job along with salary requirements. He also gave me basic information about the job and said I would be sent an email for an interview soon. The interview itself was not bad at all. 2 interviews. About 30 minutes each. One with a manager in the department and then the manager of the fund accounting department. Was asked to talk about team projects in school and work. Also was asked about my past employment and the details of my previous experiences in work related projects and about work in general. Overall the interview process was one of the easier interviews I've experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project in school that required teamwork and analytical thinking.   View Answer

Financial Associate Retirement and Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

My interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one final interview at the location in Merrimack. The questions were very similar throughout the process. They were all behavioral based questions. Basically how you've handled situations in the past will determine how you will perform in the future. They do want very detailed example/stories during the interviews so be sure to prepare before all of your interviews. During the in-person interview they will ask you around 8-10 different behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give and example of a time when you gave an exceptional customer service experience?
      Tell us about a time when you worked in a group/team?
      How have you handled a bad customer experience and what steps did you take to change it?
      What steps would you take to fix a poor customer service experience from a previous coworker?
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase is very straight forward... you don't get to negotiate.

Fund Accounting Analyst Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

I applied on the company website and received a call for a brief 10 minute phone interview the next day. The HR representative went over the basics of the position and asked why I was interested in the co-op. From there, a 90 minute interview was set up for a week later with 3 different individuals. I spoke with each interviewer individually for 30 minutes each. The questions were fairly basic, why you are interested in the position, walk me through your resume type questions. There was only one technical question the entire interview. They called me about a week and a half after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What does it mean when a bond is issued at a discount?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why Fidelity?
        Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation as it is a temporary co-op position, but the pay is competitive.

Audit Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied through University Career website. Went to office, interviewed with 4 different people for 30 minutes each. First interview was basic interview questions, then the other three were more of conversations with upper level employees, a great opportunity to ask questions and learn more about position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Talked on the phone with a recruiter, who was the nicest woman ever (just like every woman at fidelity), got the in person interview, and got the job

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question
    they had me do a drug test and sent me the offer letter, best phone call of my life when I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I saw them at a career fair and gave them my resume, and I applied online. I got a call from them to talk about the position. They they told me to research the company and we set up another phone interview to go over behavioral HR questions like tell me a time when you...Once I went through that, I was invited to go on site. There was five other candidates and we sat through a presentation, had a tour, interviews with hiring managers and then took an assessment. I asked the hiring managers what the most rewarding thing was about the job and the laughed and couldn't come up with an answer. I also asked what a highlighted feature of their brokerage account was and the response is that they compete in a commoditized market.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you received world class customer service?   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!