Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview with manager and was given an offer a week later.

Interview Question – None, mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone inerviews and one on site.

Interview Question – It was an entry level role, nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Initial interview with Human Resources was scheduled right away. The time frame between interviewing with HR and management was a little long, maybe a month later. I interviewed with the hiring manager/supervisor first and then his superior. The manager was nice and engaging but asked a ton of questions, and some of them were harder than others.

Interview Question – What is a quality I like and dislike in a manager? (trick question???)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "We will start you with __________"

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very very long ...not really about expierence

Interview Question – How do you motivate employees   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They panicked after their first canidate turned them down

Actuarial Associate Intern Interview

Actuarial Associate Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal.

We went to lunch, but they didn't really ask me any questions. Most of the time they were telling me about what they do and how their office (which is smaller than a lot of Actuarial consulting firms) operates. That made it seem more like a pitch to join them than an interview.

They were nice and helpful in gathering what their work culture was like (seemed a little more laid-back than a traditional consulting firm with more self-initiated opportunities).

Interview Question – What do you want out of an internship?   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Trading
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2009.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Meeting a lot of people and trying to understand what they wanted.

Interview Question – They questions were easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating. This was the deal.

Trainer Interview

Trainer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied by getting info for the job by a recruiter. I first received a phone call from the manager and then had several follow up phone calls by some of the people that reported to him. After around 4 phone calls I was invited to meet with the hiring manager and some other people within the organization.

Interview Question – Describe how you successfully used the adult learning model in a virtual environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is very tough to negotiate

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!