Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was very fortunate beginning the hiring process with Fidelity. I was linked by a top tier Financial Consultant who was able to push me past the first round of phone interviews. I was then brought in for a first round, in-person interview. It consisted of meeting with three different branch service managers and their assistants all in one location. After a successful first round, I received an email back one week later saying my interview was "favorable." When I was brought back, I went directly to the branch where the manager requested me for a second round. It's been exactly two weeks since I went in for the second round and still haven't heard any feedback after being guaranteed to hear back from them for a week. Although I am frustrated and feeling anxious, the complete experience overall - I have been very grateful and appreciative of it. I have just graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. This position would be most optimal for and individual like me. I pray for some positive news soon.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario where you have been apart of a team and have had discrepancies within. What did you do to resolve these issues and overcome them?   1 Answer

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview has three parts: two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Each part is about 30 minutes long. The behavioral interview is very self-explanatory. The technical interview includes basic questions about Java, SQL, OOP concepts and a little bit about web programming. The questions weren't very difficult. As long as you have good foundation in OOP languages and experiences in web-programming, you should do fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a salary. There were no negotiations.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward. Had to do an online aptitude test. Everyone was very kind, and HR made it simple. Went on 3 rounds of in person interviews. Seemed like there was a lot of upward mobility and in house learning opportunities. Senior staff seemed very kind and willing to help.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Fidelity has a rather standard application process. The recruiter at the main office in Texas was the main point of contact. They were polite but pretty busy, and didn't have a lot of spare time. It sounds like they handle a good amount of volume in applicants. The people at the branch were very nice, almost like they were serving me. They really focus a lot on their overall brand image.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just the standard group of interview questions (tell us how you handle a difficult client, etc).   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Fidelity allows prospective employees to apply online for several positions at once. If there is a match, HR will reach out and discuss the follow up steps. The first time I applied I used the online option, but if you know someone at the firm, your application can be fast tracked and targeted towards a specific branch (my second interview happened this way). After submitting my application online there was one brief phone interview, followed by a 1-1 the next week. The final round occurred 2 weeks later with the head of the branch and a senior account manager. The interview focuses heavily on your "story" and why you want to work for the firm. This was a client service role so interpersonal skills were in focus, with no technical questions of any kind. These interviews were for an entry level position when I was first looking for work in NYC, and both times I lost out to a more qualified candidate. As I understand it, the roles were given to applicants who already had their series 7 or had experience at another firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a role model and discuss why this person is important to you?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview with Human Resources was scheduled right away. The time frame between interviewing with HR and management was a little long, maybe a month later. I interviewed with the hiring manager/supervisor first and then his superior. The manager was nice and engaging but asked a ton of questions, and some of them were harder than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality I like and dislike in a manager? (trick question???)   Answer Question

Negotiation

"We will start you with __________"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I had one interview with manager and was given an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I had two phone inerviews and one on site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

applied online, then had a phone interview and then an in person meeting with management. met with two different managers. One was expecting me the other did not know i was coming in.. they were not that prepared. were just looking to fill a position. Very easy interview. Received an offer the next day.

Actuarial Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Very informal. We went to lunch, but they didn't really ask me any questions. Most of the time they were telling me about what they do and how their office (which is smaller than a lot of Actuarial consulting firms) operates. That made it seem more like a pitch to join them than an interview. They were nice and helpful in gathering what their work culture was like (seemed a little more laid-back than a traditional consulting firm with more self-initiated opportunities).