Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Technology Risk Analyst Interview

Principal Technology Risk Analyst
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent process on HR's end of things. They had relevant details, described the business and the job role in sufficient detail. Their follow through on call-backs and updates is by far the best I've ever experienced.

Interview Question – Why was I looking to return to a corporate position after having my own business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiations were with the start date. Otherwise the offer was solid and the benefits spot on and so I accepted.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Defined Contributions Representative II
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Interview Question – There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation phase

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were almost no technical skill questions asked.. The process mostly glossed over my resume and asked about previous work experience.
They appeared to be more interested in how you would fit into the company culture and less concerned about what you could do for them.

Interview Question – I was presented with an odd question about firing all of the desktop support staff and replacing them with contractors.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – You are first contacted by a recruiter from Veritude. They are very personable. They prepare you for the 2 hour interview process. Fidelity presents you with a Powerpoint demo about the company in a board room with about 6-10 other candidates. You are then taken one by one into a smaller room with 2 members of management for a 45 minute interview.

Reason for Declining – The offered schedule was 12pm to 830pm EST

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and within two weeks received an email wanting to setup a phone interview. This was rather general in nature. Questions were why are you leaving and why do you want to work here, what do you do at work, and other generic questions. Also, I was given details about the company and how its structured, A day or two later I received another email that now I would need to do another phone interview, this time with the hiring manager and another individual who I think may have been a department lead/director. This interview was technical in nature discussing technologies that i have experience with. Projects and specific accomplishments. we also talk about what their goals were and spoke technically about how I could fit into help them accomplish that. I think the interview went well and Im sure the interviewers would agree. However, based on some of the discussions that we had, think we it became obvious that this position was probably not the right position for me at this time. A day or two after the interview I got a call back from the recruiter with feed back from the interviewers. The process was very pleasant and I admire the communication throughout the whole thing.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult in nature   Answer Question

Systems Services Support Analyst Interview

Systems Services Support Analyst
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online via Fidelity website and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 weeks. Spoke with a Recruiter the following week provided an overview of the company, division and position and asked a few questions regarding SQL and Linux experience as these were necessary for the position. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with the team lead initially who asked questions about my resume and tried to get a feel for related experience. He also inquired about my Linux and SQL experience. After this interview, I spoke with another manager, primarily explaining my resume. After 2 pretty good interviews, I was informed a little over a week later they were going with another candidate. Overall took about a month.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Software Engineer/Developer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

LEAP Interview

LEAP
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Technical very easy more emphasis on behavioral questions

Interview Question – All were easy
One among them is
What is the difference between jdk1.5 and jdk 5.5
  View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview process was concentrating more on the technical front dealing with Routing Protocols and High Availability.

Interview Question – Troubleshooting of MPLS and BGP.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was straight forward and mot much complications.

Processing Interview

Processing
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – 2 interviews - Phone and with Management. They are not looking for people with specific skills. Everything needs to be taught.

Negotiation Details – Offered lower depending on location. They pay very little and expect a lot. Expecting yo will just want a job and their benefits.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!