Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiters were at my school's career fair. Talked to them for a little bit. They told me to apply online. It seemed like they were trying to look for as many people as they can since it was almost the end of the school yea. After one week, I had one 30min phone screen. The talk was pleasant and planned for a final on-site series of interviews (2 30min behavioral, 1 30 min tech). Before the series of interview though, I was given a tour with a couple of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral were standard questions like strongest accomplishment, most creative, etc. The tech were related to Java. Seemed like they wanted to know the basics of Java such as garbage collection, keywords like static final etc, inheritance, object orientation, etc. Basically, stuff you should have learned from your first Java course.   1 Answer

Financial Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a Veritude recruiter who saw my resume online. She left me a voicemail, which I returned, and she screened me over the phone. She indicated that I would be a match for the position and gave me the details for the interview, date and time, etc. She also sent me a link to their background and credit check service, which I filled out and didn't have any problems with.

I went in to the in-person interview and arrived fifteen minutes early, but was still 13th in line. (A total of 25 people eventually came in.) They cut off the time at which they would admit candidates at 12:05 for an interview scheduled at noon. We followed a recruiter to a conference room close to the call center (we didn't receive a formal tour), where we received information about the position as a group. We were told that they were hiring 42 people, so we weren't in competition with each other for only a few positions. Then we were taken to the second floor for one-on-one interviews with a recruiter. There were two recruiters and they each took one candidate at a time. When that recruiter finished, they gave you directions to leave; you didn't speak to the other recruiter.

The interviews went by quickly; I spent probably 20-30 minutes waiting for my turn and the interview only lasted 5 minutes at most. The recruiter only asked a couple of basic questions, nothing behavioral. I answered them and she said she thought I would be a good match for either position for which they were hiring and that she would recommend to the hiring managers that I be brought in for the next round of interviews with them, but that I wouldn't hear back until the end of the month. This interview was on April 8 and I received an email from her on the 13th notifying me that the hiring managers had decided to move forward with other candidates. I was disappointed and asked if she had any feedback, but was told that they (the recruiters) don't receive feedback on every candidate they submit to the managers. She also said "They do look for call center experience, job stability, and great customer service experience. Make sure to check out our website." This seems an odd piece of advice since it was their recruiter who contacted me in the first place after seeing my resume online and since both that recruiter and she indicated that I was qualified for the position.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The process involved a couple of phone interviews followed by in-person interviews with three people. Offer was not made for several months. Stayed in contact with recruiter until offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Included questions about background and experience along with other typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Background screening
    First Phone interview
    Second phone interview
    Job offer

It took months and the reason behind that is I applied in fall but the company's hiring process only starts in the spring semester.

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

Prompt response to my application, which was nice. Initial interview was over the phone for 45 minutes. Nicely done with relevant questions about my current and past work, what I like about the Fidelity position and company; only a few challenging questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer was clear that the position was entry level and had expectations of completing Series 7 and 66 exams. She said the salary would be $35K with possible bonuses, and this was non-negotiable. She said she wanted to offer me another interview - this one to be on-site with the organization. She prepared me with their possible questions and offered helpful feedback for how to answer thos questions. Due to this, I felt at ease going into the second interview. The second interview: I was in a group of 8 who were ushered into a conference room and introduced to the company by two men who shared their positions and career paths to date. We watched a power point presentation about Fidelity and then were taken as individuals to be interviewed. I was interviewed by two other men who put me at ease and tag-teamed their questions. That part lasted about 35 minutes. They wanted to know what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for Fidelity. They also asked if I knew about the Series 7 and 66 exams. They answered my questions and led me to think the interview went well and their next step was to meet with the other interviewers and "fight for me" as a new hire. I havent heard yet whether I will be extended an offer. They said it would be up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to receiving feedback about your work and making immediate adjustments?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

Summer Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with some recruiters at my university's career fair. A few months later I talked to one of them on the phone. We talked about my resume and they set me up an interview with a manager. About a week later I had the phone interview with a manager. It lasted about 30 minutes. They told me about what the position entailed and asked me some questions to see if I was qualified. I got word a few weeks after saying that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really anything difficult about the interview, just some questions about experience with certain technologies (which varies from team to team)   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

Systems Services Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online via Fidelity website and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 weeks. Spoke with a Recruiter the following week provided an overview of the company, division and position and asked a few questions regarding SQL and Linux experience as these were necessary for the position. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with the team lead initially who asked questions about my resume and tried to get a feel for related experience. He also inquired about my Linux and SQL experience. After this interview, I spoke with another manager, primarily explaining my resume. After 2 pretty good interviews, I was informed a little over a week later they were going with another candidate. Overall took about a month.