Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in North Carolina

2.9

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

Systems Services Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Applied online via Fidelity website and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 weeks. Spoke with a Recruiter the following week provided an overview of the company, division and position and asked a few questions regarding SQL and Linux experience as these were necessary for the position. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with the team lead initially who asked questions about my resume and tried to get a feel for related experience. He also inquired about my Linux and SQL experience. After this interview, I spoke with another manager, primarily explaining my resume. After 2 pretty good interviews, I was informed a little over a week later they were going with another candidate. Overall took about a month.

LEAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Technical very easy more emphasis on behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • All were easy
      One among them is
      What is the difference between jdk1.5 and jdk 5.5
        View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Applied online and within two weeks received an email wanting to setup a phone interview. This was rather general in nature. Questions were why are you leaving and why do you want to work here, what do you do at work, and other generic questions. Also, I was given details about the company and how its structured, A day or two later I received another email that now I would need to do another phone interview, this time with the hiring manager and another individual who I think may have been a department lead/director. This interview was technical in nature discussing technologies that i have experience with. Projects and specific accomplishments. we also talk about what their goals were and spoke technically about how I could fit into help them accomplish that. I think the interview went well and Im sure the interviewers would agree. However, based on some of the discussions that we had, think we it became obvious that this position was probably not the right position for me at this time. A day or two after the interview I got a call back from the recruiter with feed back from the interviewers. The process was very pleasant and I admire the communication throughout the whole thing.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

2 interviews - Phone and with Management. They are not looking for people with specific skills. Everything needs to be taught.

Offered lower depending on location. They pay very little and expect a lot. Expecting yo will just want a job and their benefits.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview lasted 1 hour and it consisted two parts. The interviewers are extremely easy to talk to and they said they would get back to me in one week. The interview consisted almost to none hard questions, mostly just how I could fit in their company culture. The only thing they asked me that was on qualifications is how proficient I was in Excel.

Fidelity Investments - LEAP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

I met a representative from Fidelity investments at our career fair. I submitted my resume and I got an email to schedule a first round telephonic interview within a week. My first round was a general HR call with general questions like Tell me about yourself, Favorite courses etc. There were a couple of questions on java like what is Final, static method, what is a class and object during the same call.
    Then I had 3 rounds of onsite interview.
    Round1: Technical:
    Questions: is class an object or is object a class?
    explain about Joins by taking any 4 tables as example
    Explain inheritance
    Explain garbage collection in java
    What are inline functions in C++. I told him that I have no idea on C++.
    He basically had a set of questions and he said he dont have any more questions on java. So I asked general questions.

round2: Behavioral
    It was completely about my resume. He asked questions only about my summer internship.

Round3: Behavioral
    Why fidelity investments?
    Tell me a challenge you faced during your masters and how you overcame it.
    This round was for 15 mins only.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

You are first contacted by a recruiter from Veritude. They are very personable. They prepare you for the 2 hour interview process. Fidelity presents you with a Powerpoint demo about the company in a board room with about 6-10 other candidates. You are then taken one by one into a smaller room with 2 members of management for a 45 minute interview.

The offered schedule was 12pm to 830pm EST