Fidelity Investments

2.9

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Prompt response to my application, which was nice. Initial interview was over the phone for 45 minutes. Nicely done with relevant questions about my current and past work, what I like about the Fidelity position and company; only a few challenging questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer was clear that the position was entry level and had expectations of completing Series 7 and 66 exams. She said the salary would be $35K with possible bonuses, and this was non-negotiable. She said she wanted to offer me another interview - this one to be on-site with the organization. She prepared me with their possible questions and offered helpful feedback for how to answer thos questions. Due to this, I felt at ease going into the second interview. The second interview: I was in a group of 8 who were ushered into a conference room and introduced to the company by two men who shared their positions and career paths to date. We watched a power point presentation about Fidelity and then were taken as individuals to be interviewed. I was interviewed by two other men who put me at ease and tag-teamed their questions. That part lasted about 35 minutes. They wanted to know what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for Fidelity. They also asked if I knew about the Series 7 and 66 exams. They answered my questions and led me to think the interview went well and their next step was to meet with the other interviewers and "fight for me" as a new hire. I havent heard yet whether I will be extended an offer. They said it would be up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you open to receiving feedback about your work and making immediate adjustments?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

Summer Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

I met with some recruiters at my university's career fair. A few months later I talked to one of them on the phone. We talked about my resume and they set me up an interview with a manager. About a week later I had the phone interview with a manager. It lasted about 30 minutes. They told me about what the position entailed and asked me some questions to see if I was qualified. I got word a few weeks after saying that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really anything difficult about the interview, just some questions about experience with certain technologies (which varies from team to team)   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process took a week and lot of behavioral questions.

Systems Services Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Applied online via Fidelity website and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 weeks. Spoke with a Recruiter the following week provided an overview of the company, division and position and asked a few questions regarding SQL and Linux experience as these were necessary for the position. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with the team lead initially who asked questions about my resume and tried to get a feel for related experience. He also inquired about my Linux and SQL experience. After this interview, I spoke with another manager, primarily explaining my resume. After 2 pretty good interviews, I was informed a little over a week later they were going with another candidate. Overall took about a month.

LEAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Technical very easy more emphasis on behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • All were easy
      One among them is
      What is the difference between jdk1.5 and jdk 5.5

View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Applied online and within two weeks received an email wanting to setup a phone interview. This was rather general in nature. Questions were why are you leaving and why do you want to work here, what do you do at work, and other generic questions. Also, I was given details about the company and how its structured, A day or two later I received another email that now I would need to do another phone interview, this time with the hiring manager and another individual who I think may have been a department lead/director. This interview was technical in nature discussing technologies that i have experience with. Projects and specific accomplishments. we also talk about what their goals were and spoke technically about how I could fit into help them accomplish that. I think the interview went well and Im sure the interviewers would agree. However, based on some of the discussions that we had, think we it became obvious that this position was probably not the right position for me at this time. A day or two after the interview I got a call back from the recruiter with feed back from the interviewers. The process was very pleasant and I admire the communication throughout the whole thing.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

2 interviews - Phone and with Management. They are not looking for people with specific skills. Everything needs to be taught.

Offered lower depending on location. They pay very little and expect a lot. Expecting yo will just want a job and their benefits.